- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 690341, 7 pages
The Viro Method for Construction of Piecewise Algebraic Hypersurfaces
1Department of Information and Computing Science, Zhejiang Gongshang University, Hangzhou 310018, China
2Institute of Mathematical Sciences, Dalian University of Technology, Dalian 116024, China
Received 30 July 2013; Accepted 22 August 2013
Academic Editor: Lawrence Narici
Copyright © 2013 Yisheng Lai et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Y. S. Lai, R. H. Wang, and J. M. Wu, “Real zeros of the zero-dimensional parametric piecewise algebraic variety,” Science in China A, vol. 52, no. 4, pp. 817–832, 2009.
- Y. S. Lai, R. H. Wang, and J. M. Wu, “Solving parametric piecewise polynomial systems,” Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, vol. 236, no. 5, pp. 924–936, 2011.
- R.-H. Wang, X. Q. Shi, Z. X. Luo, and Z. X. Su, Multivariate spline and its Applications, Science Press, Beijing, China, Kluwer Academic Publishers, New York, NY, USA, 2001.
- O. Ya. Viro, “Gluing of algebraic hypersurfaces, smoothing of singularities and constructionof curves,” in Proceedings of the Leningrad International Topological Conference, pp. 149–197, Nauka, Leningrad, Russia, 1983 (Russian).
- O. Ya. Viro, “Gluing of plane real algebraic curves and constructions of curves of degrees 6 and 7,” in Topology (Leningrad, 1982), vol. 1060 of Lecture Notes in Mathematics, pp. 187–200, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 1984.
- O. Ya. Viro, “Patchworking real algebraic varieties,” http://www.math.sunysb.edu/~oleg/pw.pdf.
- E. Shustin, “Critical points of real polynomials, subdivisions of Newton polyhedra and topology of real algebraic hypersurfaces,” Transactions of the American Mathematical Society, vol. 173, no. 2, pp. 203–223, 1996.
- E. Shustin, “Gluing of singular and critical points,” Topology, vol. 37, no. 1, pp. 195–217, 1998.
- E. Shustin, “Real plane algebraic curves with prescribed singularities,” Topology, vol. 32, no. 4, pp. 845–856, 1993.
- F. Bihan, “Viro method for the construction of real complete intersections,” Advances in Mathematics, vol. 169, no. 2, pp. 177–186, 2002.
- J. J. Risler, “Construction d’hypersurfaces réelles [d'après Viro],” in Séminaire Bourbaki, vol. 1992/93 of Astérique no. 216, Exp. 763:3, pp. 69–86, 1993.
- I. Itenberg and E. Shustin, “Singular points and limit cycles of planar polynomial vector fields,” Duke Mathematical Journal, vol. 102, no. 1, pp. 1–37, 2000.
- I. Itenberg and E. Shustin, “Viro theorem and topology of real and complex combinatorial hypersurfaces,” Israel Journal of Mathematics, vol. 133, no. 1, pp. 189–238, 2003.
- B. Sturmfels, “Viro's theorem for complete intersections,” Annali della Scuola Normale Superiore di Pisa, vol. 21, no. 3, pp. 377–386, 1994.
- G. Farin, Curves and Surfaces for Computer-Aided Geometric Design, A Practical Guide (Computer Science and Scientific Computing), Academic Press, San Diego, Calif, USA, 4th edition, 1997.
- C. M. Hoffmann, Geometric and Solid Modeling, Morgan Kaufmann, San Mateo, Calif, USA, 1989.
- J. Hoschek and D. Lasser, Fundamentals of Computer Aided Geometric Design, A.K. Peters, Boston, Mass, USA, 1993.
- Y. S. Lai, W. P. Du, and R. H. Wang, “The Viro method for construction of Bernstein-Bézier algebraic hypersurface piece,” Science China Mathematics, vol. 55, no. 6, pp. 1269–1279, 2012.