- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 691615, 12 pages
Pullback Attractor for Nonautonomous Primitive Equations of Large-Scale Ocean and Atmosphere Dynamics
1Department of Basic, Henan Mechanical and Electrical Engineering College, Xinxiang 453003, China
2Department of Mathematics, Nanjing University, Nanjing 210093, China
Received 9 April 2013; Accepted 18 June 2013
Academic Editor: Grzegorz Lukaszewicz
Copyright © 2013 Kun Li and Fang Li. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- C. S. Cao and E. S. Titi, “Global well-posedness and finite-dimensional global attractor for a 3-D planetary geostrophic viscous model,” Communications on Pure and Applied Mathematics, vol. 56, no. 2, pp. 198–233, 2003.
- C. S. Cao, E. S. Titi, and M. Ziane, “A ‘horizontal’ hyper-diffusion three-dimensional thermocline planetary geostrophic model: well-posedness and long-time behaviour,” Nonlinearity, vol. 17, no. 5, pp. 1749–1776, 2004.
- D. N. Cheban, P. E. Kloeden, and B. Schmalfuß, “The relationship between pullback, forwards and global attractors of nonautonomous dynamical systems,” Nonlinear Dynamics and Systems Theory, vol. 2, pp. 9–28, 2002.
- H. Crauel and F. Flandoli, “Attractors for random dynamical systems,” Probability Theory and Related Fields, vol. 100, no. 3, pp. 365–393, 1994.
- H. Crauel, A. Debussche, and F. Flandoli, “Random attractors,” Journal of Dynamics and Differential Equations, vol. 9, no. 2, pp. 307–341, 1997.
- T. Caraballo, G. Łukaszewicz, and J. Real, “Pullback attractors for asymptotically compact non-autonomous dynamical systems,” Nonlinear Analysis: Theory, Methods & Applications, vol. 64, no. 3, pp. 484–498, 2006.
- P. E. Kloeden and B. Schmalfuß, “Nonautonomous systems, cocycle attractors and variable time-step discretization,” Numerical Algorithms, vol. 14, no. 1–3, pp. 141–152, 1997.
- P. E. Kloeden and D. J. Stonier, “Cocycle attractors in nonautonomously perturbed differential equations,” Dynamics of Continuous, Discrete and Impulsive Systems, vol. 4, no. 2, pp. 211–226, 1998.
- G. Łukaszewicz, “On pullback attractors in for nonautonomous reaction-diffusion equations,” International Journal of Bifurcation and Chaos, vol. 20, no. 9, pp. 2637–2644, 2010.
- S. S. Lu, H. Q. Wu, and C. K. Zhong, “Attractors for nonautonomous 2D Navier-Stokes equations with normal external forces,” Discrete and Continuous Dynamical Systems A, vol. 13, no. 3, pp. 701–719, 2005.
- B. Schmalfuß, “Attractors for non-autonomous dynamical systems,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Differential Equations (Equadiff '99), B. Fiedler, K. Gröer, and J. Sprekels, Eds., pp. 684–689, World Scientific, Berlin, Germany, 2000.
- L. Yang, M. H. Yang, and P. E. Kloeden, “Pullback attractors for non-autonomous quasi-linear parabolic equations with dynamical boundary conditions,” Discrete and Continuous Dynamical Systems B, vol. 17, no. 7, pp. 2635–2651, 2012.
- V. V. Chepyzhov and M. I. Vishik, Attractors for Equations of Mathematical Physics, vol. 49 of American Mathematical Society Colloquium Publications, American Mathematical Society, Providence, RI, USA, 2002.
- C. S. Cao and E. S. Titi, “Global well-posedness of the three-dimensional viscous primitive equations of large scale ocean and atmosphere dynamics,” Annals of Mathematics, vol. 166, no. 1, pp. 245–267, 2007.
- J. L. Lions, R. Temam, and S. Wang, “New formulations of the primitive equations of atmosphere and applications,” Nonlinearity, vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 237–288, 1992.
- J. L. Lions, R. Temam, and S. Wang, “On the equations of the large-scale ocean,” Nonlinearity, vol. 5, no. 5, pp. 1007–1053, 1992.
- J. Pedlosky, Geophysical Fluid Dynamics, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 1987.
- G. K. Vallis, Atmospheric and Oceanic Fluid Dynamics: Fundamentals and Large-Scale Circulation, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK, 2006.
- B. D. Ewald and R. Témam, “Maximum principles for the primitive equations of the atmosphere,” Discrete and Continuous Dynamical Systems A, vol. 7, no. 2, pp. 343–362, 2001.
- B. L. Guo and D. W. Huang, “On the existence of atmospheric attractors,” Science in China D, vol. 51, no. 3, pp. 469–480, 2008.
- B. L. Guo and D. W. Huang, “On the 3D viscous primitive equations of the large-scale atmosphere,” Acta Mathematica Scientia B, vol. 29, no. 4, pp. 846–866, 2009.
- B. L. Guo and D. W. Huang, “Existence of weak solutions and trajectory attractors for the moist atmospheric equations in geophysics,” Journal of Mathematical Physics, vol. 47, no. 8, Article ID 083508, 23 pages, 2006.
- C. Hu, R. Temam, and M. Ziane, “The primitive equations on the large scale ocean under the small depth hypothesis,” Discrete and Continuous Dynamical Systems A, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 97–131, 2003.
- C. Hu, “Asymptotic analysis of the primitive equations under the small depth assumption,” Nonlinear Analysis: Theory, Methods & Applications, vol. 61, no. 3, pp. 425–460, 2005.
- M. Petcu, R. Temam, and D. Wirosoetisno, “Existence and regularity results for the primitive equations in two space dimensions,” Communications on Pure and Applied Analysis, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 115–131, 2004.
- T. Tachim Medjo, “On the uniqueness of -weak solutions of the three-dimensional primitive equations of the ocean,” Nonlinear Analysis: Real World Applications, vol. 11, no. 3, pp. 1413–1421, 2010.
- F. Guillén-González, N. Masmoudi, and M. A. Rodríguez-Bellido, “Anisotropic estimates and strong solutions of the primitive equations,” Differential and Integral Equations, vol. 14, no. 11, pp. 1381–1408, 2001.
- R. Temam and M. Ziane, “Some mathematical problems in geophysical fluid dynamics,” in Handbook of Mathematical Fluid Dynamics, vol. 3, pp. 535–658, 2005.
- B. You and S. Ma, “Global attractors for three dimensional viscous primitive equations of large-scale atmosphere in log-pressure coordinate,” Abstract and Applied Analysis, vol. 2013, Article ID 758730, 16 pages, 2013.
- N. Ju, “The global attractor for the solutions to the 3D viscous primitive equations,” Discrete and Continuous Dynamical Systems A, vol. 17, no. 1, pp. 159–179, 2007.
- R. Temam, Infinite-Dimensional Dynamical Systems in Mechanics and Physics, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 1997.
- Y. Li and C. K. Zhong, “Pullback attractors for the norm-to-weak continuous process and application to the non-autonomous reaction-diffusion equations,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 190, no. 2, pp. 1020–1029, 2007.
- Y. Wang and C. Zhong, “Pullback -attractors for nonautonomous Sine-Gordon equations,” Nonlinear Analysis: Theory, Methods & Applications, vol. 67, no. 7, pp. 2137–2148, 2007.