- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 704137, 6 pages
Perturbation-Iteration Method for First-Order Differential Equations and Systems
1Department of Mathematics, Nevsehir University, 50300 Nevsehir, Turkey
2Department of Mechanical Engineering, Celal Bayar University, Muradiye, 45140 Manisa, Turkey
Received 16 March 2013; Revised 18 April 2013; Accepted 19 April 2013
Academic Editor: Yisheng Song
Copyright © 2013 Mehmet Şenol et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. H. Nayfeh, Perturbation Methods, Wiley-Interscience, New York, NY, USA, 1973.
- A. V. Skorokhod, F. C. Hoppensteadt, and H. Salehi, Random Perturbation Methods with Applications in Science and Engineering, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 2002.
- J.-H. He, “Iteration perturbation method for strongly nonlinear oscillations,” Journal of Vibration and Control, vol. 7, no. 5, pp. 631–642, 2001.
- R. E. Mickens, “Iteration procedure for determining approximate solutions to nonlinear oscillator equations,” Journal of Sound and Vibration, vol. 116, no. 1, pp. 185–187, 1987.
- R. E. Mickens, “A generalized iteration procedure for calculating approximations to periodic solutions of ‘truly nonlinear oscillators’,” Journal of Sound and Vibration, vol. 287, no. 4-5, pp. 1045–1052, 2005.
- R. E. Mickens, “Iteration method solutions for conservative and limit-cycle force oscillators,” Journal of Sound and Vibration, vol. 292, no. 3–5, pp. 964–968, 2006.
- K. Cooper and R. E. Mickens, “Generalized harmonic balance/numerical method for determining analytical approximations to the periodic solutions of the potential,” Journal of Sound and Vibration, vol. 250, no. 5, pp. 951–954, 2002.
- H. Hu and Z.-G. Xiong, “Oscillations in an potential,” Journal of Sound and Vibration, vol. 259, no. 4, pp. 977–980, 2003.
- M. A. Abdou, “On the variational iteration method,” Physics Letters A, vol. 366, no. 1-2, pp. 61–68, 2007.
- S. Q. Wang and J. H. He, “Nonlinear oscillator with discontinuity by parameter-expansion method,” Chaos, Solitons and Fractals, vol. 35, no. 4, pp. 688–691, 2008.
- J.-H. He, “Modified Lindstedt-Poincaré methods for some strongly non-linear oscillations, part I: expansion of a constant,” International Journal of Non-Linear Mechanics, vol. 37, no. 2, pp. 309–314, 2002.
- J. I. Ramos, “On Linstedt-Poincaré technique for the quintic Duffing equation,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 193, no. 2, pp. 303–310, 2007.
- T. Öziş and A. Yıldırım, “Determination of periodic solution for a force by He's modified Lindstedt-Poincaré method,” Journal of Sound and Vibration, vol. 301, no. 1-2, pp. 415–419, 2007.
- R. E. Mickens, “Oscillations in an potential,” Journal of Sound and Vibration, vol. 246, no. 2, pp. 375–378, 2001.
- M. Pakdemirli, Y. Aksoy, and H. Boyacı, “A new perturbation-iteration approach for first order differential equations,” Mathematical and Computational Applications, vol. 16, no. 4, pp. 890–899, 2011.
- Y. Aksoy and M. Pakdemirli, “New perturbation-iteration solutions for Bratu-type equations,” Computers and Mathematics with Applications, vol. 59, no. 8, pp. 2802–2808, 2010.
- Y. Aksoy, M. Pakdemirli, and S. Abbasbandy, “New perturbation-iteration solutions for nonlinear heat transfer equations,” International Journal of Numerical Methods for Heat and Fluid Flow, vol. 22, no. 7, pp. 814–828, 2012.
- M. Pakdemirli and H. Boyacı, “Generation of root finding algorithms via perturbation theory and some formulas,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 184, no. 2, pp. 783–788, 2007.
- M. Pakdemirli, H. Boyacı, and H. A. Yurtsever, “Perturbative derivation and comparisons of root-finding algorithms with fourth order derivatives,” Mathematical and Computational Applications, vol. 12, no. 2, pp. 117–124, 2007.
- M. Pakdemirli, H. Boyacı, and H. A. Yurtsever, “A root-finding algorithm with fifth order derivatives,” Mathematical and Computational Applications, vol. 13, no. 2, pp. 123–128, 2008.
- H. Tari, D. D. Ganji, and H. Babazadeh, “The application of He's variational iteration method to nonlinear equations arising in heat transfer,” Physics Letters A, vol. 363, no. 3, pp. 213–217, 2007.
- M. T. Darvishi, F. Khani, and A. A. Soliman, “The numerical simulation for stiff systems of ordinary differential equations,” Computers and Mathematics with Applications, vol. 54, no. 7-8, pp. 1055–1063, 2007.
- M. Rafei, H. Daniali, and D. D. Ganji, “Variational interation method for solving the epidemic model and the prey and predator problem,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 186, no. 2, pp. 1701–1709, 2007.