- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 707686, 8 pages
Estimate of Number of Periodic Solutions of Second-Order Asymptotically Linear Difference System
School of Science, Jimei University, Xiamen 361021, China
Received 1 April 2013; Accepted 5 June 2013
Academic Editor: Zidong Wang
Copyright © 2013 Honghua Bin and Zhenkun Huang. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. P. Agarwal, Difference Equations and Inequalities: Theory, Methods, and Applications, Marcel Dekker, New York, NY, USA, 2nd edition, 2000.
- C. D. Ahlbrandt and A. C. Peterson, Discrete Hamiltonian System: Difference Equations, Continued Fractions, and Riccati Equations, Kluwer Academic Publishers, Dordrecht, The Netherlands, 1996.
- W. G. Kelley and A. C. Peterson, Difference Equations: An Introduction with Application, Academic Press, Boston, Mass, USA, 1991.
- W.-T. Li, M.-F. Niu, and J.-P. Sun, “Existence of positive solutions of BVPs for second-order nonlinear difference systems,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 152, no. 3, pp. 779–798, 2004.
- J.-P. Sun and W.-T. Li, “Multiple positive solutions of a discrete difference system,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 143, no. 2-3, pp. 213–221, 2003.
- G. Wei, Z. Wang, and B. Shen, “Error-constrained filtering for a class of nonlinear time-varying delay systems with non-Gaussian noises,” IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, vol. 55, no. 12, pp. 2876–2882, 2010.
- G. L. Wei, Z. D. Wang, and B. Shen, “Probability-dependent gain-scheduled filtering for stochastic systems with missing measurements,” IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems II, vol. 58, no. 11, pp. 753–757, 2011.
- K. C. Chang, Critical Point Theory and Its Applications, Science and Technical Press, Shanghai, China, 1980.
- J. Mawhin and M. Willem, Critical Point Theory and Hamiltonian Systems, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 1989.
- Z. Guo and J. Yu, “The existence of periodic and subharmonic solutions of subquadratic second order difference equations,” Journal of the London Mathematical Society, vol. 68, no. 2, pp. 419–430, 2003.
- Z. Guo and J. Yu, “Existence of periodic and subharmonic solutions for second-order superlinear difference equations,” Science in China A, vol. 46, no. 4, pp. 506–515, 2003.
- P. H. Rabinowitz, Minimax Methods in Critical Point Theory with Applications to Differential Equations, vol. 65 of CBMS Regional Conference Series in Mathematics, American Mathematical Society, Providence, RI, USA, 1986.
- V. Benci, “A new approach to the Morse-Conley theory and some applications,” Annali di Matematica Pura ed Applicata, vol. 158, pp. 231–305, 1991.
- K.-c. Chang, Infinite-Dimensional Morse Theory and Multiple Solution Problems, Birkhäuser Boston, Boston, Mass, USA, 1993.
- C. Conley, Isolated invariant sets and the Morse index, vol. 38 of CBMS Regional Conference Series in Mathematics, American Mathematical Society, Providence, RI, USA, 1978.
- A. Szulkin, “Cohomology and Morse theory for strongly indefinite functionals,” Mathematische Zeitschrift, vol. 209, no. 3, pp. 375–418, 1992.
- K. C. Chang, “Solutions of asymptotically linear operator equations via Morse theory,” Communications on Pure and Applied Mathematics, vol. 34, no. 5, pp. 693–712, 1981.
- H. Amann and E. Zehnder, “Nontrivial solutions for a class of nonresonance problems and applications to nonlinear differential equations,” Annali della Scuola Normale Superiore di Pisa, vol. 7, no. 4, pp. 539–603, 1980.
- T. Bartsch and S. Li, “Critical point theory for asymptotically quadratic functionals and applications to problems with resonance,” Nonlinear Analysis. Theory, Methods & Applications A, vol. 28, no. 3, pp. 419–441, 1997.
- M.-Y. Jiang, “Remarks on the resonant elliptic problem,” Nonlinear Analysis. Theory, Methods & Applications A, vol. 53, no. 7-8, pp. 1193–1207, 2003.
- J. Su, “Multiplicity results for asymptotically linear elliptic problems at resonance,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 278, no. 2, pp. 397–408, 2003.
- J. Su, “Existence and multiplicity results for classes of elliptic resonant problems,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 273, no. 2, pp. 565–579, 2002.
- W. Zou and J. Q. Liu, “Multiple solutions for resonant elliptic equations via local linking theory and Morse theory,” Journal of Differential Equations, vol. 170, no. 1, pp. 68–95, 2001.
- V. Benci and D. Fortunato, “Estimate of the number of periodic solutions via the twist number,” Journal of Differential Equations, vol. 133, no. 1, pp. 117–135, 1997.