- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 713654, 6 pages
A Uniqueness Theorem for Bessel Operator from Interior Spectral Data
1Department of Mathematics, Faculty of Science and Art, Erzincan University, 24100 Erzincan, Turkey
2Department of Mathematics, Faculty of Science, Firat University, 23119 Elazig, Turkey
Received 24 February 2013; Accepted 12 April 2013
Academic Editor: Rodrigo Lopez Pouso
Copyright © 2013 Murat Sat and Etibar S. Panakhov. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- G. Borg, “Eine Umkehrung der Sturm-Liouvilleschen Eigenwertaufgabe. Bestimmung der Differentialgleichung durch die Eigenwerte,” Acta Mathematica, vol. 78, pp. 1–96, 1946.
- V. A. Ambarzumyan, “Über eine frage der eigenwerttheorie,” Zeitschrift Für Physik, vol. 53, pp. 690–695, 1929.
- N. Levinson, “The inverse Sturm-Liouville problem,” Mathematica Tidsskrift B, vol. 1949, pp. 25–30, 1949.
- B. M. Levitan, “On the determination of the Sturm-Liouville operator from one and two spectra,” Mathematics of the USSR-Izvestiya, vol. 12, pp. 179–193, 1978.
- H. Hochstadt, “The inverse Sturm-Liouville problem,” Communications on Pure and Applied Mathematics, vol. 26, pp. 715–729, 1973.
- V. A. Marchenko, “Certain problems of the theory of one dimensional linear di¤erential operators of the second order,” Trudy Moskovskogo Matematicheskogo Obshchestva, vol. 1, pp. 327–340, 1952.
- R. Carlson, “A Borg-Levinson theorem for Bessel operators,” Pacific Journal of Mathematics, vol. 177, no. 1, pp. 1–26, 1997.
- V. V. Stashevskaya, “On inverse problems of spectral analysis for a certain class of differential equations,” Doklady Akademii Nauk SSSR, vol. 93, pp. 409–412, 1953.
- S. Albeverio, R. Hryniv, and Ya. Mykytyuk, “Inverse spectral problems for coupled oscillating systems: reconstruction from three spectra,” Methods of Functional Analysis and Topology, vol. 13, no. 2, pp. 110–123, 2007.
- G. Freiling and V. Yurko, “Inverse problems for differential operators with singular boundary conditions,” Mathematische Nachrichten, vol. 278, no. 12-13, pp. 1561–1578, 2005.
- V. A. Yurko, “On the reconstruction of Sturm-Liouville differential operators with singularities inside the interval,” Matematicheskie Zametki, vol. 64, no. 1, pp. 143–156, 1998, English translation in Mathematical Notes, vol. 64, no.1, pp. 121–132, 1998.
- V. A. Yurko, “An inverse problem for differential equations with a singularity,” Differentsial'nye Uravneniya, vol. 28, no. 8, pp. 1355–1362, 1992 (Russian), English translation in Differential Equations, vol. 28, pp. 1100–1107, 1992.
- V. A. Yurko, “On higher-order differential operators with a singular point,” Inverse Problems, vol. 9, no. 4, pp. 495–502, 1993.
- F. Gesztesy and B. Simon, “Inverse spectral analysis with partial information on the potential. II. The case of discrete spectrum,” Transactions of the American Mathematical Society, vol. 352, no. 6, pp. 2765–2787, 2000.
- E. S. Panakhov and M. Sat, “On the determination of the singular Sturm-Liouville operator from two spectra,” CMES. Computer Modeling in Engineering & Sciences, vol. 84, no. 1, pp. 1–11, 2012.
- K. Mochizuki and I. Trooshin, “Inverse problem for interior spectral data of the Sturm-Liouville operator,” Journal of Inverse and Ill-Posed Problems, vol. 9, no. 4, pp. 425–433, 2001.
- C.-F. Yang and X.-P. Yang, “An interior inverse problem for the Sturm-Liouville operator with discontinuous conditions,” Applied Mathematics Letters, vol. 22, no. 9, pp. 1315–1319, 2009.
- G. A. Watson, Treatise on the Theory of the Bessel Functions, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK, 1962.
- H. Koyunbakan, “Inverse spectral problem for some singular differential operators,” Tamsui Oxford Journal of Mathematical Sciences, vol. 25, no. 3, pp. 277–283, 2009.
- W. Rundell and P. E. Sacks, “Reconstruction of a radially symmetric potential from two spectral sequences,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 264, no. 2, pp. 354–381, 2001.
- V. Ya. Volk, “On inversion formulas for a differential equation with a singularity at ,” Uspekhi Matematicheskikh Nauk, vol. 8, no. 4, pp. 141–151, 1953.
- B. Ja. Levin, Distribution of Zeros of Entire Functions, vol. 5, American Mathematical Society, Providence, RI, USA, 1964.