- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 717489, 8 pages
Positive Stability Analysis and Bio-Circuit Design for Nonlinear Biochemical Networks
College of Energy and Electrical Engineering, Hohai University, Nanjing 210098, China
Received 4 February 2013; Accepted 24 March 2013
Academic Editor: Chuangxia Huang
Copyright © 2013 Yonghui Sun et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- E. R. Carson, C. Cobelli, and L. Finkelstein, The Mathematical Modeling of Metabolic and Endocrine Systems, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 1983.
- H. de Jong, “Modelling and simulation of genetic regulatory systems: a literature review,” Journal of Computational Biology, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 67–103, 2002.
- J. Hasty, M. Millen, and J. J. Collins, “Engineered gene circuits,” Nature, vol. 420, no. 6912, pp. 224–230, 2002.
- E. D. Sontag, “Molecular systems biology and control,” European Journal of Control, vol. 11, no. 4-5, pp. 396–435, 2005.
- E. Klipp, R. Herwig, A. Kowald, C. Wierling, and H. Lehrach, Systems Biology in Practice: Concepts, Implementation and Application, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 2005.
- P. D'haeseleer, S. Liang, and R. Somogyi, “Tutorial on gene expression data analysis and modeling,” in Proceedings of the Pacific Symposium on Biocomputing, January 1999.
- P. Smolen, D. A. Baxter, and J. H. Byrne, “Mathematical modeling of gene networks,” Neuron, vol. 26, no. 3, pp. 567–580, 2000.
- F. X. Wu, W. J. Zhang, and A. J. Kusalik, “Modeling gene expression from microarray expression data with state-space equations,” Pacific Symposium on Biocomputing, vol. 9, pp. 581–592, 2004.
- Y. Sun, G. Feng, and J. Cao, “A new approach to dynamic fuzzy modeling of genetic regulatory networks,” IEEE Transactions on Nanobioscience, vol. 9, no. 4, pp. 263–272, 2010.
- H. Xiong and Y. Choe, “Structural systems identification of genetic regulatory networks,” Bioinformatics, vol. 24, no. 4, pp. 553–560, 2008.
- D. Angeli, J. E. Ferrell, and E. D. Sontag, “Detection of multistability, bifurcations, and hysteresis in a large class of biological positive-feedback systems,” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, vol. 101, no. 7, pp. 1822–1827, 2004.
- J. Keener and J. Sneyd, Mathematical Physiology, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 1998.
- L. Hood, J. R. Heath, M. E. Phelps, and B. Lin, “Systems biology and new technologies enable predictive and preventative medicine,” Science, vol. 306, no. 5696, pp. 640–643, 2004.
- L. Farina and S. Rinaldi, Positive Linear Systems: Theorey and Applications, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 2000.
- H. Gao, J. Lam, C. Wang, and S. Xu, “Control for stability and positivity: equivalent conditions and computation,” IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems II, vol. 52, no. 9, pp. 540–544, 2005.
- M. A. Rami and F. Tadeo, “Controller synthesis for positive linear systems with bounded controls,” IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems II, vol. 54, no. 2, pp. 151–155, 2007.
- X. Liu, L. Wang, W. Yu, and S. Zhong, “Constrained control of positive discrete-time systems with delays,” IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems II, vol. 55, no. 2, pp. 193–197, 2008.
- J. A. Jacquez and C. P. Simon, “Qualitative theory of compartmental systems,” SIAM Review, vol. 35, no. 1, pp. 43–79, 1993.
- W. M. Haddad and V. Chellaboina, “Stability and dissipativity theory for nonnegative dynamical systems: a unified analysis framework for biological and physiological systems,” Nonlinear Analysis: Real World Applications, vol. 6, no. 1, pp. 35–65, 2005.
- L. Chen and K. Aihara, “Stability of genetic regulatory networks with time delay,” IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems I, vol. 49, no. 5, pp. 602–608, 2002.
- C. Li, L. Chen, and K. Aihara, “Stability of genetic networks with SUM regulatory logic: lur'e system and LMI approach,” IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems I, vol. 53, no. 11, pp. 2451–2458, 2006.
- C. Li, L. Chen, and K. Aihara, “Stochastic stability of genetic networks with disturbance attenuation,” IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems II, vol. 54, no. 10, pp. 892–896, 2007.
- F. Ren and J. Cao, “Asymptotic and robust stability of genetic regulatory networks with time-varying delays,” Neurocomputing, vol. 71, no. 4–6, pp. 834–842, 2008.
- Z. Wang, H. Gao, J. Cao, and X. Liu, “On delayed genetic regulatory networks with polytopic uncertainties: robust stability analysis,” IEEE Transactions on NanoBioscience, vol. 7, no. 2, pp. 154–163, 2008.
- Y. Sun, G. Feng, and J. Cao, “Robust stochastic stability analysis of genetic regulatory networks with disturbance attenuation,” Neurocomputing, vol. 79, pp. 39–49, 2012.
- T. Takagi and M. Sugeno, “Fuzzy identification of systems and its applications to modeling and control,” IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics, vol. 15, no. 1, pp. 116–132, 1985.
- B. S. Chen, Y. T. Chang, and Y. C. Wang, “Robust H∞-stabilization design in gene networks under stochastic molecular noises: fuzzy-interpolation approach,” IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics B, vol. 38, no. 1, pp. 25–42, 2008.
- J. Hasty, J. Pradines, M. Dolnik, and J. J. Collins, “Noise-based switches and amplifiers forgene expression,” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, vol. 97, no. 5, pp. 2075–2080, 2000.
- B. S. Chen, W. S. Wu, Y. C. Wang, and W. H. Li, “On the robust circuit design schemes of biochemical networks: steady-state approach,” IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Circuits and Systems, vol. 1, no. 2, pp. 91–104, 2007.
- B. S. Chen and P. W. Chen, “Robust engineered circuit design principles for stochastic biochemical networks with parameter uncertainties and disturbances,” IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Circuits and Systems, vol. 2, no. 2, pp. 114–132, 2008.
- M. J. Chappell and K. R. Godfrey, “Structural identifiability of the parameters of a nonlinear batch reactor model,” Mathematical Biosciences, vol. 108, no. 2, pp. 241–251, 1992.
- F. Wen, Z. Li, C. Xie, and D. Shaw, “Study on the fractal and chaotic features of the Shanghai composite index,” Fractals, vol. 20, no. 2, pp. 133–140, 2012.