- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 726172, 13 pages
Analysis of Mathematics and Sustainability in an Impulsive Eutrophication Controlling System
1School of Mathematics and Information Science, Wenzhou University, Wenzhou, Zhejiang 325035, China
2Zhejiang Provincial Key Laboratory for Water Environment and Marine Biological Resources Protection, Wenzhou University, Wenzhou, Zhejiang 325035, China
3School of Life and Environmental Science, Wenzhou University, Wenzhou, Zhejiang 325035, China
Received 1 September 2013; Accepted 12 October 2013
Academic Editor: Luca Guerrini
Copyright © 2013 Hengguo Yu et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. Ryding and W. Rast, The Control of Eutrophication of Lakes and Reservoirs, The Parthenon Publishing Group, 1989.
- B. Qin, “Lake eutrophication: control countermeasures and recycling exploitation,” Ecological Engineering, vol. 35, no. 11, pp. 1569–1573, 2009.
- M. Albay, R. Akcaalan, H. Tufekci, J. S. Metcalf, K. A. Beattie, and G. A. Codd, “Depth profiles of cyanobacterial hepatotoxins (microcystins) in three Turkish freshwater lakes,” Hydrobiologia, vol. 505, pp. 89–95, 2003.
- D. Pyo and J. Jin, “Production and degradation of cyanobacterial toxin in water reservoir, Lake Soyang,” Bulletin of the Korean Chemical Society, vol. 28, no. 5, pp. 800–804, 2007.
- G. Sun and L. Sheng, “Ecological engineering for eutrophication control in lake,” Chinese Journal of Applied Ecology, vol. 12, no. 4, pp. 590–592, 2001.
- C. Alonso-Andicoberry, L. García-Villada, V. Lopez-Rodas, and E. Costas, “Catastrophic mortality of flamingos in a Spanish national park caused by cyanobacteria,” Veterinary Record, vol. 151, no. 23, pp. 706–707, 2002.
- P. R. Hawkins, M. T. C. Runnegar, A. R. B. Jackson, and I. R. Falconer, “Severe hepatotoxicity caused by the tropical cyanobacterium (blue-green alga) Cylindrospermopsis raciborskii (Woloszynska) Seenaya and Subba Raju isolated from a domestic water supply reservoir,” Applied and Environmental Microbiology, vol. 50, no. 5, pp. 1292–1295, 1985.
- A. Kouzminov, J. Ruck, and S. A. Wood, “New Zealand risk management approach for toxic cyanobacteria in drinking water,” Australian and New Zealand Journal of Public Health, vol. 31, no. 3, pp. 275–281, 2007.
- G. A. Codd, “Cyanobacterial toxins, the perception of water quality, and the prioritisation of eutrophication control,” Ecological Engineering, vol. 16, no. 1, pp. 51–60, 2000.
- L. V. Bertalanffy, Theoretische Biologise, Bertalanffy, Berlin, Germany, 1932.
- H. Malchow, S. Petrovskii, and A. Medvinsky, “Pattern formation in models of plankton dynamics: a synthesis,” Oceanologica Acta, vol. 24, no. 5, pp. 479–487, 2001.
- R. Kalčeva, J. Outrata, Z. Schindler, and M. Straškraba, “An optimization model for the economic control of reservoir eutrophication,” Ecological Modelling, vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 121–128, 1982.
- J. M. Malmaeus and L. Håkanson, “Development of a Lake Eutrophication model,” Ecological Modelling, vol. 171, no. 1-2, pp. 35–63, 2004.
- S. Chen, X. Chen, Y. Peng, and K. Peng, “A mathematical model of the effect of nitrogen and phosphorus on the growth of blue-green algae population,” Applied Mathematical Modelling, vol. 33, no. 2, pp. 1097–1106, 2009.
- C. G. Lee, T. D. Fletcher, and G. Z. Sun, “Nitrogen removal in constructed wetland systems,” Engineering in Life Sciences, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 11–22, 2009.
- P. Xie and J. Liu, “Practical success of biomanipulation using filter-feeding Fish to control cyanobacteria blooms: a synthesis of decades of research and application in a subtropical hypereutrophic lake,” TheScientificWorldJournal, vol. 1, pp. 337–356, 2001.
- D. D. Bainov and P. S. Simeonov, Impulsive Differential Equations: Asymptotic Properties of the Solutions, World Scientific, Singapore, 1993.
- V. Lakshmikantham, D. D. Bainov, and P. C. Simeonov, Theory of Impulsive Differential Equations, World Scientific, Singapore, 1989.
- H. Yu, S. Zhong, R. P. Agarwal, and S. K. Sen, “Three-species food web model with impulsive control strategy and chaos,” Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation, vol. 16, no. 2, pp. 1002–1013, 2011.
- H. Yu, S. Zhong, R. P. Agarwal, and S. K. Sen, “Effect of seasonality on the dynamical behavior of an ecological system with impulsive control strategy,” Journal of the Franklin Institute, vol. 348, no. 4, pp. 652–670, 2011.
- H. Yu, S. Zhong, and R. P. Agarwal, “Mathematics analysis and chaos in an ecological model with an impulsive control strategy,” Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation, vol. 16, no. 2, pp. 776–786, 2011.
- X. M. Fan, Z. G. Wang, and F. Q. Jiang, “Dynamics of Mutualism-Competition-Predator system with Beddington-DeAngelis functional responses and impulsive perturbations,” Abstract and Applied Analysis, vol. 2012, Article ID 963486, 33 pages, 2012.
- G. Yu and H. Lu, “Permanence and almost periodic solutions of a discrete ratio-dependent leslie system with time delays and feedback controls,” Abstract and Applied Analysis, vol. 2012, Article ID 358594, 31 pages, 2012.
- Y. Shen, F. Zhang, and K. Wang, “Permanence of a single species system with distributed time delay and feedback control,” Abstract and Applied Analysis, vol. 2012, Article ID 867364, 14 pages, 2012.
- C. Lundberg, “Eutrophication, risk management and sustainability: the perceptions of different stakeholders in the northern Baltic Sea,” Marine Pollution Bulletin, vol. 66, no. 1-2, pp. 143–150, 2013.
- G. Perhar, G. B. Arhonditsis, and M. T. Brett, “Modeling zooplankton growth in lake washington: a mechanistic approach to physiology in a eutrophication model,” Ecological Modelling, vol. 258, no. 10, pp. 101–121, 2013.
- F. F. Wu and X. Wang, “Eutrophication evaluation based on set pair analysis of baiyangdian lake, north china,” Procedia Environmental Sciences, vol. 13, pp. 1030–1036, 2012.
- L. Wang, L. Liu, and B. Zheng, “Eutrophication development and its key regulating factors in a water-supply reservoir in north China,” Journal of Environmental Sciences, vol. 25, no. 5, pp. 962–970, 2013.