- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 730825, 7 pages
Fixed Point Results for --Contractions on Gauge Spaces and Applications
1Department of Mathematics, College of Science, King Saud University, P.O. Box 2455, Riyadh 11451, Saudi Arabia
2Department of Mathematics, Atilim University, Incek, 06836 Ankara, Turkey
Received 21 July 2013; Accepted 25 August 2013
Academic Editor: Calogero Vetro
Copyright © 2013 Mohamed Jleli et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. Banach, “Sur les opérations dans les ensembles abstraits et leur application aux équations intégrales,” Fundamenta Mathematicae, vol. 3, pp. 133–181, 1922.
- M. Edelstein, “An extension of Banach's contraction principle,” Proceedings of the American Mathematical Society, vol. 12, pp. 7–10, 1961.
- W. A. Kirk, P. S. Srinivasan, and P. Veeramani, “Fixed points for mappings satisfying cyclical contractive conditions,” Fixed Point Theory, vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 79–89, 2003.
- A. C. M. Ran and M. C. B. Reurings, “A fixed point theorem in partially ordered sets and some applications to matrix equations,” Proceedings of the American Mathematical Society, vol. 132, no. 5, pp. 1435–1443, 2004.
- R. P. Agarwal, M. A. El-Gebeily, and D. O'Regan, “Generalized contractions in partially ordered metric spaces,” Applicable Analysis, vol. 87, no. 1, pp. 109–116, 2008.
- T. Gnana Bhaskar and V. Lakshmikantham, “Fixed point theorems in partially ordered metric spaces and applications,” Nonlinear Analysis. Theory, Methods & Applications, vol. 65, no. 7, pp. 1379–1393, 2006.
- J. Harjani and K. Sadarangani, “Fixed point theorems for weakly contractive mappings in partially ordered sets,” Nonlinear Analysis. Theory, Methods & Applications, vol. 71, no. 7-8, pp. 3403–3410, 2009.
- J. J. Nieto and R. Rodríguez-López, “Existence and uniqueness of fixed point in partially ordered sets and applications to ordinary differential equations,” Acta Mathematica Sinica, vol. 23, no. 12, pp. 2205–2212, 2007.
- A. Petruşel and I. A. Rus, “Fixed point theorems in ordered -spaces,” Proceedings of the American Mathematical Society, vol. 134, no. 2, pp. 411–418, 2006.
- P. Salimi, C. Vetro, and P. Vetro, “Fixed point theorems for twisted (alpha, beta)-psi-contractive type mappings and applications,” Filomat, vol. 27, no. 4, pp. 605–615, 2013.
- P. Salimi, C. Vetro, and P. Vetro, “Some new fixed point results in non-archimedean fuzzy metric spaces,” Nonlinear Analysis. Modelling and Control, vol. 18, no. 3, pp. 344–358, 2013.
- B. Samet, C. Vetro, and P. Vetro, “Fixed point theorems for --contractive type mappings,” Nonlinear Analysis. Theory, Methods & Applications, vol. 75, no. 4, pp. 2154–2165, 2012.
- P. Amiri, S. Rezapour, and N. Shahzad, “Fixed points of generalized --contractions,” Revista de la Real Academia de Ciencias Exactas, Fisicas y Naturales, vol. 105, no. 1, 2011.
- J. H. Asl, S. Rezapour, and N. Shahzad, “On fixed points of --contractive multifunctions,” Fixed Point Theory and Applications, vol. 2012, article 212, 2012.
- E. Karapınar and B. Samet, “Generalized --contractive type mappings and related fixed point theorems with applications,” Abstract and Applied Analysis, vol. 2012, Article ID 793486, 17 pages, 2012.
- P. Kumam, C. Vetro, and F. Vetro, “Fixed points for weak --contractions in partial metric spaces,” Abstract and Applied Analysis, vol. 2013, Article ID 986028, 9 pages, 2013.
- J. Dugundji, Topology, Allyn and Bacon, Boston, Mass, USA, 1966.