- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 737481, 12 pages
The Use of Sumudu Transform for Solving Certain Nonlinear Fractional Heat-Like Equations
1Institute for Groundwater Studies, Faculty of Natural and Agricultural Sciences, University of the Free State, 9300 Bloemfontein, South Africa
2Department of Mathematics and Institute for Mathematical Research, University Putra Malaysia (UPM), 43400 Serdang, Selangor, Malaysia
Received 4 March 2013; Accepted 16 April 2013
Academic Editor: Mustafa Bayram
Copyright © 2013 Abdon Atangana and Adem Kılıçman. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. Singh, D. Kumar, and A. Kılıçman, “Homotopy perturbation method for fractional gas dynamics equation using sumudu transform,” Abstract and Applied Analysis, vol. 2013, Article ID 934060, 8 pages, 2013.
- G. C. Wu, “New trends in the variational iteration method,” Communications in Fractional Calculus, vol. 2, pp. 59–75, 2011.
- G. C. Wu and D. Baleanu, “Variational iteration method for the Burgers' flow with fractional derivatives—new Lagrange multipliers,” Applied Mathematical Modelling, vol. 5, pp. 1012–1018, 2012.
- G. C. Wu and D. Baleanu, “Variational iteration method for fractional calculus—a universal approach by Laplace transform,” Advances in Difference Equations, vol. 2013, article 18, 2013.
- J. H. He, “Asymptotic methods for solitary solutions and compactons,” Abstract and Applied Analysis, vol. 2012, Article ID 916793, 130 pages, 2012.
- J. H. He, “Homotopy perturbation technique,” Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering, vol. 178, no. 3-4, pp. 257–262, 1999.
- D. D. Ganji, “The application of He's homotopy perturbation method to nonlinear equations arising in heat transfer,” Physics Letters A, vol. 355, no. 4-5, pp. 337–341, 2006.
- A. Yıldırım, “An algorithm for solving the fractional nonlinear Schrödinger equation by means of the homotopy perturbation method,” International Journal of Nonlinear Sciences and Numerical Simulation, vol. 10, no. 4, pp. 445–450, 2009.
- D. D. Ganji and M. Rafei, “Solitary wave solutions for a generalized Hirota-Satsuma coupled KdV equation by homotopy perturbation method,” Physics Letters A, vol. 356, no. 2, pp. 131–137, 2006.
- M. M. Rashidi, D. D. Ganji, and S. Dinarvand, “Explicit analytical solutions of the generalized Burger and Burger-Fisher equations by homotopy perturbation method,” Numerical Methods for Partial Differential Equations, vol. 25, no. 2, pp. 409–417, 2009.
- J. Hristov, “A short-distance integral-balance solution to a strong subdiffusion equation: a weak power-law profile,” International Review of Chemical Engineering-Rapid Communications, vol. 2, no. 5, pp. 555–563, 2010.
- J. Wang, Y. Khan, L. X. Lu, and Z. W. Wang, “Inner resonance of a coupled hyperbolic tangent nonlinear oscillator arising in a packaging system,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 218, no. 15, pp. 7876–7879, 2012.
- J. Wang, Y. Khan, R. H. Yang, L. X. Lu, Z. W. Wang, and N. Faraz, “A mathematical modelling of inner-resonance of tangent nonlinear cushioning packaging system with critical components,” Mathematical and Computer Modelling, vol. 54, pp. 2573–2576, 2011.
- A. Abdon, “New class of boundary value problems,” Information Sciences Letters, vol. 1, no. 2, pp. 67–76, 2012.
- V. Daftardar-Gejji and H. Jafari, “Adomian decomposition: a tool for solving a system of fractional differential equations,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 301, no. 2, pp. 508–518, 2005.
- J. S. Duan, R. Rach, D. Bulean, and A. M. Wazwaz, “A review of the Adomian decomposition method and its applications to fractional differential equations,” Communications in Fractional Calculus, vol. 3, pp. 73–99, 2012.
- D. Q. Zeng and Y. M. Qin, “The Laplace-Adomian-Pade technique for the seepage flows with the Riemann-Liouville derivatives,” Communications in Fractional Calculus, vol. 3, pp. 26–29, 2012.
- G. C. Wu, “Adomian decomposition method for non-smooth initial value problems,” Mathematical and Computer Modelling, vol. 54, no. 9-10, pp. 2104–2108, 2011.
- G. C. Wu, Y. G. Shi, and K. T. Wu, “Adomian decomposition method and non-analytical solutions of fractional differential equations,” Romanian Journal of Physics, vol. 56, no. 7-8, pp. 873–880, 2011.
- A. Atangana and A. Secer, “Time-fractional coupled-the Korteweg-de Vries equations,” Abstract and Applied Analysis, vol. 2013, Article ID 947986, 8 pages, 2013.
- A. Atangana and J. F. Botha, “Analytical solution of groundwater flow equation via homotopy decomposition method,” Journal of Earth Science & Climatic Change, vol. 3, article 115, 2012.
- J. Singh, D. Kumar, and Sushila, “Homotopy perturbation Sumudu transform method for nonlinear equations,” Advances in Applied Mathematics and Mechanics, vol. 4, pp. 165–175, 2011.
- G. K. Watugala, “Sumudu transform: a new integral transform to solve differential equations and control engineering problems,” International Journal of Mathematical Education in Science and Technology, vol. 24, no. 1, pp. 35–43, 1993.
- H. Eltayeb and A. Kılıçman, “A note on the Sumudu transforms and differential equations,” Applied Mathematical Sciences, vol. 4, no. 22, pp. 1089–1098, 2010.
- S. Weerakoon, “Application of Sumudu transform to partial differential equations,” International Journal of Mathematical Education in Science and Technology, vol. 25, no. 2, pp. 277–283, 1994.
- M. A. Asiru, “Classroom note: application of the Sumudu transform to discrete dynamic systems,” International Journal of Mathematical Education in Science and Technology, vol. 34, no. 6, pp. 944–949, 2003.
- M. A. Aşiru, “Further properties of the Sumudu transform and its applications,” International Journal of Mathematical Education in Science and Technology, vol. 33, no. 3, pp. 441–449, 2002.
- A. Atangana and E. Alabaraoye, “Solving system of fractional partial differential equations arisen in the model of HIV infection of CD4+ cells and attractor one-dimensional Keller-Segel equation,” Advances in Difference Equations, vol. 2013, article 94, 2013.
- D. H. Shou and J. H. He, “Beyond Adomian methods: the variational iteration method for solving heat-like and wave-like equations with variable coefficients,” Physics Letters A, vol. 73, no. 1, pp. 1–5, 2007.
- I. Podlubny, Fractional Differential Equations, Academic Press, New York, NY, USA, 1999.
- A. A. Kilbas, H. M. Srivastava, and J. J. Trujillo, Theory and Applications of Fractional Differential Equations, Elsevier, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 2006.
- G. Jumarie, “Table of some basic fractional calculus formulae derived from a modified Riemann-Liouville derivative for non-differentiable functions,” Applied Mathematics Letters, vol. 22, no. 3, pp. 378–385, 2009.
- G. Jumarie, “Laplace's transform of fractional order via the Mittag-Leffler function and modified Riemann-Liouville derivative,” Applied Mathematics Letters, vol. 22, no. 11, pp. 1659–1664, 2009.
- J. M. Tchuenche and N. S. Mbare, “An application of the double Sumudu transform,” Applied Mathematical Sciences, vol. 1, no. 1–4, pp. 31–39, 2007.
- A. Kılıçman, H. Eltayeb, and R. P. Agarwal, “On Sumudu transform and system of differential equations,” Abstract and Applied Analysis, vol. 2010, Article ID 598702, 11 pages, 2010.
- V. G. Gupta and B. Sharma, “Application of Sumudu transform in reaction-diffusion systems and nonlinear waves,” Applied Mathematical Sciences, vol. 4, no. 9–12, pp. 435–446, 2010.
- F. B. M. Belgacem, A. A. Karaballi, and S. L. Kalla, “Analytical investigations of the Sumudu transform and applications to integral production equations,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. 2003, no. 3, pp. 103–118, 2003.