- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 739464, 7 pages
Fractional Dynamics of Genetic Algorithms Using Hexagonal Space Tessellation
Department of Electrical Engineering, Institute of Engineering, Polytechnic of Porto, Rua Dr. António Bernardino de Almeida 431, 4200-072 Porto, Portugal
Received 15 April 2013; Accepted 7 June 2013
Academic Editor: Dumitru Baleanu
Copyright © 2013 J. A. Tenreiro Machado. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. G. Samko, A. A. Kilbas, and O. I. Marichev, Fractional Integrals and Derivatives, Gordon and Breach Science, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 1993.
- K. S. Miller and B. Ross, An Introduction to the Fractional Calculus and Fractional Differential Equations, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 1993.
- A. A. Kilbas, H. M. Srivastava, and J. J. Trujillo, Theory and Applications of Fractional Differential Equations, vol. 204 of North-Holland Mathematics Studies, Elsevier Science B.V., Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 2006.
- D. Baleanu, K. Diethelm, E. Scalas, and J. J. Trujillo, Fractional Calculus: Models and Numerical Methods, vol. 3 of Series on Complexity, Nonlinearity and Chaos, World Scientific, Boston, Mass, USA, 2012.
- A. B. Malinowska and D. F. M. Torres, Introduction to the Fractional Calculus of Variations, Imperial College Press, London, UK, 2012.
- O. Heaviside, “On operators in physical mathematics,” Proceedings of the Royal Society, vol. 52, pp. 504–529, 1893.
- R. L. Magin, Fractional Calculus in Bioengineering, Begell House, Redding, Calif, USA, 2006.
- C. M. Ionescu and R. De Keyser, “Relations between fractional-order model parameters and lung pathology in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease,” IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering, vol. 56, no. 4, pp. 978–987, 2009.
- C. Ionescu and J. T. MacHado, “Mechanical properties and impedance model for the branching network of the sapping system in the leaf of Hydrangea Macrophylla,” Nonlinear Dynamics, vol. 60, no. 1-2, pp. 207–216, 2010.
- F. Mainardi, Fractional Calculus and Waves in Linear Viscoelasticity: An Introduction to Mathematical Models, Imperial College Press, London, UK, 2010.
- J. T. Machado, V. Kiryakova, and F. Mainardi, “Recent history of fractional calculus,” Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation, vol. 16, no. 3, pp. 1140–1153, 2011.
- J. H. Holland, Adaptation in Natural and Artificial Systems, University of Michigan Press, Ann Arbor, Mich, USA, 1975.
- D. E. Goldberg, Genetic Algorithms in Search Optimization, and Machine Learning, Addison-Wesley, Reading, Mass, USA, 1989.
- J. R. Koza, Genetic Programming: On the Programming of Computers by Means of Natural Selection, MIT Press, Cambridge, Mass, USA, 1992.
- Z. Michalewicz, Genetic Algorithms + Data Structures = Evolution Programs, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 1996.
- T. Bäck, U. Hammel, and H.-P. Schwefel, “Evolutionary computation: comments on the history and current state,” IEEE Transactions on Evolutionary Computation, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 3–17, 1997.
- B. Grünbaum and G. C. Shephard, Tilings and Patterns, W. H. Freeman and Company, New York, NY, USA, 1987.
- D. Chavey, “Tilings by regular polygons. II. A catalog of tilings,” Computers & Mathematics with Applications, vol. 17, no. 1–3, pp. 147–165, 1989.
- T. C. Hales, “The honeycomb conjecture,” Discrete & Computational Geometry, vol. 25, no. 1, pp. 1–22, 2001.
- I. Stojmenovic, “Honeycomb networks: topological properties and communication algorithms,” IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems, vol. 8, no. 10, pp. 1036–1042, 1997.
- C. Bays, “A note on the game of life in hexagonal and pentagonal tessellations,” Complex Systems, vol. 15, no. 3, pp. 245–252, 2005.
- D. R. Hofstadter, Gödel, Escher, Bach: An Eternal Golden Braid, Basic Books, New York, NY, USA, 1979.
- J. Ma, A. Michaelides, and D. Alfè, “Binding of hydrogen on benzene, coronene, and graphene from quantum Monte Carlo calculations,” Journal of Chemical Physics, vol. 134, no. 13, Article ID 134701, 2011.
- J. Kappraff, “Growth in plants: a study in number,” Forma, vol. 19, no. 4, pp. 335–354, 2004.
- H. Kesten, “What is...percolation?” Notices of the American Mathematical Society, vol. 53, no. 5, pp. 572–573, 2006.
- G. R. Grimmett and l. Manolescu, “Inhomogeneous bond percolation on square, triangular, and hexagonal lattices,” submitted to Annals of Probability, http://arxiv.org/abs/1105.5535.
- R. W. Sumner, Pattern formation in lichen [M.S. thesis], Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, Mass, USA, 2001.
- B. Desbenoit, E. Galin, and S. Akkouche, “Simulating and modeling lichen growth,” LIRIS Research Report 2672, LIRIS FRE, Lyon, France, 2004.
- I. Podlubny, “Fractional-order systems and -controllers,” IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, vol. 44, no. 1, pp. 208–214, 1999.
- K. B. Oldham and J. Spanier, The Fractional Calculus: Theory and Applications of Differentiation and Integration to Arbitrary Order, Academic Press, New York, NY, USA, 1974.
- V. S. Kiryakova, Generalized Fractional Calculus and Applications, vol. 301 of Pitman Research Notes in Mathematics Series, Longman Scientific & Technical, New York, NY, USA, 1994.
- I. Podlubny, Fractional Differential Equations: An Introduction to Fractional Derivatives, Fractional Differential Equations, to Methods of Their Solution and Some of Their Applications, vol. 198 of Mathematics in Science and Engineering, Academic Press, San Diego, Calif, USA, 1999.
- H. J. Haubold, A. M. Mathai, and R. K. Saxena, “Mittag-Leffler functions and their applications,” Journal of Applied Mathematics, vol. 2011, Article ID 298628, 51 pages, 2011.
- E. J. S. Pires, J. A. T. Machado, and P. B. Oliveira, “Fractional order dynamics in a GA planner,” Signal Processing, vol. 83, no. 11, pp. 2377–2386, 2003.
- E. J. S. Pires, J. A. T. Machado, and P. B. Oliveira, “Dynamical modelling of a genetic algorithm,” Signal Processing, vol. 86, no. 10, pp. 2760–2770, 2006.