- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 746893, 6 pages
Existence of Mild Solutions for the Elastic Systems with Structural Damping in Banach Spaces
1Department of Mathematics, Lanzhou Jiaotong University, Lanzhou 730070, China
2Department of Mathematics, Northwest Normal University, Lanzhou 730070, China
Received 2 November 2012; Revised 6 January 2013; Accepted 16 January 2013
Academic Editor: Ferenc Hartung
Copyright © 2013 Hongxia Fan et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- G. Chen and D. L. Russell, “A mathematical model for linear elastic systems with structural damping,” Quarterly of Applied Mathematics, vol. 39, no. 4, pp. 433–454, 1982.
- F. L. Huang, “On the holomorphic property of the semigroup associated with linear elastic systems with structural damping,” Acta Mathematica Scientia, vol. 5, no. 3, pp. 271–277, 1985.
- F. Huang, “A problem for linear elastic systems with structural damping,” Acta Math-Ematica Scientia, vol. 6, no. 1, pp. 101–107, 1986 (Chinese).
- S. Chen and R. Triggiani, “Proof of extensions of two conjectures on structural damping for elastic systems: the systems: the case ,” Pacific Journal of Mathematics, vol. 136, no. 1, pp. 15–55, 1989.
- S. Chen and R. Triggiani, “Gevrey class semigroups arising from elastic systems with gentle dissipation: the case ,” Proceedings of the American Mathmematical Society, vol. 110, no. 2, pp. 401–415, 1990.
- F. L. Huang, “On the mathematical model for linear elastic systems with analytic damping,” SIAM Journal on Control and Optimization, vol. 26, no. 3, pp. 714–724, 1988.
- K. Liu and Z. Liu, “Analyticity and differentiability of semigroups associated with elastic systems with damping and gyroscopic forces,” Journal of Differential Equations, vol. 141, no. 2, pp. 340–355, 1997.
- F. L. Huang and K. S. Liu, “Holomorphic property and exponential stability of the semigroup associated with linear elastic systems with damping,” Annals of Differential Equations, vol. 4, no. 4, pp. 411–424, 1988.
- F. L. Huang, Y. Z. Huang, and F. M. Guo, “Holomorphic and differentiable properties of the -semigroup associated with the Euler-Bernoulli beam equations with structural damping,” Science in China A, vol. 35, no. 5, pp. 547–560, 1992.
- F. L. Huang, K. S. Liu, and G. Chen, “Differentiability of the semigroup associated with a structural damping model,” in Proceedings of the 28th IEEE Conference on Decision and Control (IEEE-CDC 1989), pp. 2034–2038, Tampa, Fla, USA, 1989.
- K.-J. Engel and R. Nagel, One-Parameter Semigroups for Linear Evolution Equations, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 2000.
- A. Pazy, Semigroups of Linear Operators and Applications to Partial Differential Equations, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 1983.
- D. Henry, Geometric Theory of Semilinear Parabolic Equations, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 1981.