- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 750964, 8 pages
On a Kind of Dirichlet Character Sums
1School of Science, Northwestern Polytechnical University, Xi'an, Shaanxi 710072, China
2The School of Electronic and Information Engineering, Xi'an Jiaotong University, Xi'an, Shaanxi 710049, China
Received 16 March 2013; Accepted 2 August 2013
Academic Editor: Hassan Eltayeb
Copyright © 2013 Rong Ma and Yulong Zhang. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- G. Pólya, “Über die Verteilung der quadratische Reste und Nichtreste,” Quadratischer Nichtrest, pp. 21–29, 1918.
- L. K. Hua and S. H. Min, “On a double exponential sum,” Science Record, vol. 1, pp. 23–25, 1942.
- D. A. Burgess, “On character sums and L-series. II,” Proceedings of the London Mathematical Society, vol. 13, pp. 524–536, 1963.
- D. A. Burgess, “The character sum estimate with ,” Journal of the London Mathematical Society, vol. 33, pp. 219–226, 1986.
- P. Xi and Y. Yi, “On character sums over flat numbers,” Journal of Number Theory, vol. 130, no. 5, pp. 1234–1240, 2010.
- Z. Wenpeng, “On the distribution of inverses modulo n,” Journal of Number Theory, vol. 61, no. 2, pp. 301–310, 1996.
- K. G. Richard, Unsolved Problems in Number Theory, Springer, 1981.
- Z. Xu and W. Zhang, “On a problem of D. H. Lehmer over short intervals,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 320, no. 2, pp. 756–770, 2006.
- W. Zhang, X. Zongben, and Y. Yuan, “A problem of D. H. Lehmer and its mean square value formula,” Journal of Number Theory, vol. 103, no. 2, pp. 197–213, 2003.
- W. Zhang, “A problem of D. H. Lehmer and its generalization,” Compositio Mathematica, vol. 86, pp. 307–316, 1993.
- R. Ma and Y. Zhang, “On a kind of generalized Lehmer problem,” Czechoslovak Mathematical Jounal, vol. 62, no. 137, pp. 1135–1146, 2012.
- W. Zhang, “On the difference between a D. H. Lehmer number and its inverse modulo q,” Acta Arithmetica, vol. 68, no. 3, pp. 255–263, 1994.
- Y. M. Lu and Y. Yi, “On the generalization of the D. H. Lehmer problem,” Acta Mathematica Sinica, vol. 25, no. 8, pp. 1269–1274, 2009.
- P. Chengdong and P. Chengbiao, Elements of the Analytic Number Theory, Science Press, Beijing, China, 1991, (Chinese).
- A. V. Malyshev, “A generalization of Kloosterman sums and their estimates,” Vestnik Leningrad University, vol. 15, no. 13, pp. 59–75, 1960.