- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 756896, 10 pages
Exact Solutions for Nonlinear Differential Difference Equations in Mathematical Physics
1Mathematics Department, Faculty of Science, Zagazig University, Egypt
2Mathematics Department, Faculty of Science, Taif University, Saudi Arabia
3Mathematics Department, Faculty of Science, Minia University, Egypt
Received 24 July 2012; Revised 13 October 2012; Accepted 20 November 2012
Academic Editor: Patricia J. Y. Wong
Copyright © 2013 Khaled A. Gepreel et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- E. Fermi, J. Pasta, and S. Ulam, Collected Papers of Enrico Fermi II, University of Chicago Press, Chicago, Ill, USA, 1965.
- W. P. Su, J. R. Schrieffer, and A. J. Heeger, “Solitons in polyacetylene,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 42, no. 25, pp. 1698–1701, 1979.
- A. S. Davydov, “The theory of contraction of proteins under their excitation,” Journal of Theoretical Biology, vol. 38, no. 3, pp. 559–569, 1973.
- P. Marquié, J. M. Bilbault, and M. Remoissenet, “Observation of nonlinear localized modes in an electrical lattice,” Physical Review E, vol. 51, no. 6, pp. 6127–6133, 1995.
- M. Toda, Theory of Nonlinear Lattices, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 2nd edition, 1989.
- M. Wadati, “Transformation theories for nonlinear discrete systems,” Progress of Theoretical Physics Supplement, vol. 59, pp. 36–63, 1976.
- Y. Ohta and R. Hirota, “A discrete KdV equation and its Casorati determinant solution,” Journal of the Physical Society of Japan, vol. 60, no. 6, p. 2095, 1991.
- M. J. Ablowitz and J. F. Ladik, “Nonlinear differential-difference equations,” Journal of Mathematical Physics, vol. 16, no. 3, pp. 598–603, 1974.
- X.-B. Hu and W.-X. Ma, “Application of Hirota's bilinear formalism to the Toeplitz lattice—some special soliton-like solutions,” Physics Letters Section A, vol. 293, no. 3-4, pp. 161–165, 2002.
- D. Baldwin, U. Göktaş, and W. Hereman, “Symbolic computation of hyperbolic tangent solutions for nonlinear differential-difference equations,” Computer Physics Communications, vol. 162, no. 3, pp. 203–217, 2004.
- S. K. Liu, Z. T. Fu, Z. G. Wang, and S. D. Liu, “Periodic solutions for a class of nonlinear differential-difference equations,” Communications in Theoretical Physics, vol. 49, no. 5, pp. 1155–1158, 2008.
- C. Qiong and L. Bin, “Applications of jacobi elliptic function expansion method for nonlinear differential-difference equations,” Communications in Theoretical Physics, vol. 43, no. 3, pp. 385–388, 2005.
- F. Xie, M. Ji, and H. Zhao, “Some solutions of discrete sine-Gordon equation,” Chaos, Solitons & Fractals, vol. 33, no. 5, pp. 1791–1795, 2007.
- S. D. Zhu, “Exp-function method for the Hybrid-Lattice system,” International Journal of Nonlinear Sciences and Numerical Simulation, vol. 8, no. 3, pp. 461–464, 2007.
- I. Aslan, “A discrete generalization of the extended simplest equation method,” Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation, vol. 15, no. 8, pp. 1967–1973, 2010.
- P. Yang, Y. Chen, and Z. B. Li, “ADM-Padé technique for the nonlinear lattice equations,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 210, no. 2, pp. 362–375, 2009.
- S. D. Zhu, Y. M. Chu, and S. L. Qiu, “The homotopy perturbation method for discontinued problems arising in nanotechnology,” Computers and Mathematics with Applications, vol. 58, no. 11-12, pp. 2398–2401, 2009.
- F. Xie, “New travelling wave solutions of the generalized coupled Hirota-Satsuma KdV system,” Chaos, Solitons & Fractals, vol. 20, no. 5, pp. 1005–1012, 2004.
- E. M. E. Zayed, A. M. Abourabia, K. A. Gepreel, and M. M. El Horbaty, “On the rational solitary wave solutions for the nonlinear Hirota-Satsuma coupled KdV system,” Applicable Analysis, vol. 85, no. 6-7, pp. 751–768, 2006.
- C. S. Liu, “Exponential function rational expansion method for nonlinear differential-difference equations,” Chaos, Solitons & Fractals, vol. 40, no. 2, pp. 708–716, 2009.
- S. Zhang, L. Dong, J. M. Ba, and Y. N. Sun, “The (frac())-expansion method for nonlinear differential-difference equations,” Physics Letters Section A, vol. 373, no. 10, pp. 905–910, 2009.
- I. Aslan, “The discrete -expansion method applied to the differential-difference Burgers equation and the relativistic Toda lattice system,” Numerical Methods for Partial Differential Equations, vol. 28, no. 1, pp. 127–137, 2012.
- I. Aslan, “Exact and explicit solutions to the discrete nonlinear Schrödinger equation with asaturable nonlinearity,” Physics Letters A, vol. 375, pp. 4214–4217, 2011.
- K. A. Gepreel, “Rational Jacobi elliptic solutions for nonlinear difference differential equations,” Nonlinear Science Letters A, vol. 2, pp. 151–158, 2011.
- K. A. Gepreel and A. R. Shehata, “Rational Jacobi elliptic solutions for nonlinear differential-difference lattice equations,” Applied Mathematics Letters, vol. 25, no. 9, pp. 1173–1178, 2012.
- K. A. Gepreel, T. A. Nofal, and A. A. AlThobaiti, “The modified rational Jacobi elliptic solutions for nonlinear differential difference equations,” Journal of Applied Mathematics, vol. 2012, Article ID 427479, 30 pages, 2012.
- G. C. Wu and T. C. Xia, “A new method for constructing soliton solutions to differential-difference equation with symbolic computation,” Chaos, Solitons & Fractals, vol. 39, no. 5, pp. 2245–2248, 2009.
- J. Zhang, Z. Liu, S. Li, and M. Wang, “Solitary waves and stable analysis for the quintic discrete nonlinear Schrödinger equation,” Physica Scripta, vol. 86, no. 1, Article ID 015401, 2012.
- F. Xie and J. Wang, “A new method for solving nonlinear differential-difference equations,” Chaos, Solitons & Fractals, vol. 27, no. 4, pp. 1067–1071, 2006.
- Q. Wang and Y. Yu, “New rational formal solutions for -dimensional Toda equation and another Toda equation,” Chaos, Solitons & Fractals, vol. 29, no. 4, pp. 904–915, 2006.