- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 764341, 11 pages
A Chaos-Based Secure Direct-Sequence/Spread-Spectrum Communication System
School of Electronics and Telecommunications, Hanoi University of Science and Technology, 1 Dai Co Viet, Hanoi, Vietnam
Received 11 October 2012; Revised 7 November 2012; Accepted 21 November 2012
Academic Editor: Ivanka Stamova
Copyright © 2013 Nguyen Xuan Quyen et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. H. Strogatz, Nonlinear Dynamics and Chaos: With Applications to Physics, Biology, Chemistry, and Engineering, Westview Press, 2001.
- R. C. Hilborn, Chaos and Nonlinear Dynamics: An introduction for Scientists and Engineer, The Clarendon Press Oxford University Press, 2001.
- M. P. Kennedy, R. Rovatti, and G. Setti, Chaotic Electronics in Telecommunications, CRC Press, 2000.
- M. P. Kennedy and G. Kolumbán, “Special issue on noncoherent chaotic communications,” IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems I, vol. 47, no. 12, pp. 1661–1662, 2000.
- A. Abel and W. Schwarz, “Chaos communications—Principles, schemes, and system analysis,” Proceedings of the IEEE, vol. 90, no. 5, pp. 691–710, 2002.
- F. C. M. Lau and C. K. Tse, Chaos-Based Digital Communication Systems: Operating Principles, Analysis Methods, and Performance Evaluation, Springer, 2003.
- P. Stavroulakis, Chaos Applications in Telecommunications, CRC Press, 2005.
- G. Heidari-bateni and C. D. McGillem, “Chaotic direct-sequence spread-spectrum communication system,” IEEE Transactions on Communications, vol. 42, no. 2, pp. 1524–1527, 1994.
- G. Heidari-Bateni and C. D. McGillem, “Chaotic sequences for spread spectrum: an alternative to PN-sequences,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Selected Topics in Wireless Communications, pp. 437–440, Vancouver, Canada, June 1992.
- A. P. Kurian, S. Puthusserypady, and S. M. Htut, “Performance enhancement of DS/CDMA system using chaotic complex spreading sequence,” IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, vol. 4, no. 3, pp. 984–989, 2005.
- R. L. Peterson, R. E. Zeimer, and D. E. Borth, Introduction to Spread Spectrum Communications, Prentice Hall, New York, NY, USA, 1995.
- M. K. Simon, J. K. Omura, R. A. Scholtz, and B. K. Levitt, Spread Spectrum Communications, Computer Science Press, 1985.
- E. H. Dinan and B. Jabbari, “Spreading codes for direct sequence CDMA and wideband CDMA cellular networks,” IEEE Communications Magazine, vol. 36, no. 9, pp. 48–54, 1998.
- D. V. Sarwate and M. B. Pursley, “Crosscorrelation properties of pseudorandom and related sequences,” Proceedings of the IEEE, vol. 68, no. 5, pp. 593–619, 1980.
- R. L. Devaney, An Introduction to Chaotic Dynamica Systems, Addison-Wesley, Reading, Mass, USA, Second edition, 1989.
- H. G. Schuster, Deterministic Chaos, an Introduction, Physick, Weinheim, Germany, 1984, D-6940.
- R. L. Frank and S. A. Zadoff, “Phase shift pulse codes with good periodic correlation properties,” IRE Transactions on Information Theory, vol. 8, pp. 381–382, 1962.
- J. Proakis, Digital Communications, McGraw-Hill, New York, NY, USA, 4th edition, 2000.
- M. B. Pursley, “Performance evaluation for phase-coded spread-spectrum multiple-access communication—part I: system Analysis,” IEEE Transactions on Communications, vol. 25, no. 8, pp. 795–799, 1977.
- R. K. Morrow and J. S. Lehnert, “Bit-to-bit error dependence in slotted DS/SSMA packet systems with random signature sequences,” IEEE Transactions on Communications, vol. 37, no. 10, pp. 1052–1061, 1989.
- J. M. Holtzman, “A simple, accurate method to calculate spread-spectrum multiple-access error probabilities,” IEEE Transactions on Communications, vol. 40, no. 3, pp. 461–464, 1992.
- D. E. Reed, “Comparison of symbol-rate detector and radiometer intercept receiver performances in a nonstationary environment,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Military Communications Conference, vol. 1, pp. 1951–1955, Boston, Mass, USA, October 1989.
- G. Burel, C. Bouder, and O. Berder, “Detection of direct sequence spread spectrum transmissions without prior knowledge,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Global Telecommunicatins Conference, pp. 236–239, November 2001.
- R. A. Dillard, “Detectability of spread-spectrum signals,” IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems, vol. 15, no. 4, pp. 526–537, 1979.
- R. Schoolcraft, “Low probability of detection communications–LPD waveform design and detection techniques,” in Proceedings of the Military Communications Conference, vol. 2, pp. 3531–3539, McLean, Va, USA, November 1991.
- K. M. Short, “Steps toward unmasking secure communication,” International Journal of Bifurcation and Chaos, vol. 4, no. 4, pp. 959–977, 1994.
- K. M. Short, “Unmasking a modulated chaotic communications scheme,” International Journal of Bifurcation and Chaos, vol. 6, no. 2, pp. 611–615, 1996.
- M. I. Sobhy and A. R. Shehata, “Methods of attacking chaotic encryption and countermeasures,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Interntional Conference on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing, vol. 2, pp. 1001–1004, May 2001.
- G. Álvarez, F. Montoya, M. Romera, and G. Pastor, “Breaking parameter modulated chaotic secure communication system,” Chaos, Solitons and Fractals, vol. 21, no. 4, pp. 783–787, 2004.