- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 791863, 5 pages
Exact Solutions and Conservation Laws of a (2+1)-Dimensional Nonlinear KP-BBM Equation
International Institute for Symmetry Analysis and Mathematical Modelling, Department of Mathematical Sciences, North-West University, Mafikeng Campus, Private Bag X 2046, Mmabatho 2735, South Africa
Received 23 January 2013; Accepted 25 March 2013
Academic Editor: Shi Weichen
Copyright © 2013 Khadijo Rashid Adem and Chaudry Masood Khalique. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. Wang, X. Li, and J. Zhang, “The -expansion method and travelling wave solutions of nonlinear evolution equations in mathematical physics,” Physics Letters A, vol. 372, no. 4, pp. 417–423, 2008.
- A. M. Wazwaz, “Exact solutions of compact and noncompact structures for the KP-BBM equation,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 169, no. 1, pp. 700–712, 2005.
- A. M. Wazwaz, “The extended tanh method for new compact and noncompact solutions for the KP-BBM and the ZK-BBM equations,” Chaos, Solitons and Fractals, vol. 38, no. 5, pp. 1505–1516, 2008.
- M. A. Abdou, “Exact periodic wave solutions to some nonlinear evolution equations,” International Journal of Nonlinear Science, vol. 6, no. 2, pp. 145–153, 2008.
- M. Song, C. Yang, and B. Zhang, “Exact solitary wave solutions of the Kadomtsov-Petviashvili-Benjamin-Bona-Mahony equation,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 217, no. 4, pp. 1334–1339, 2010.
- G. W. Bluman and S. Kumei, Symmetries and Differential Equations, vol. 81 of Applied Mathematical Sciences, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 1989.
- P. J. Olver, Applications of Lie Groups to Differential Equations, vol. 107 of Graduate Texts in Mathematics, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 2nd edition, 1993.
- L. V. Ovsiannikov, Group Analysis of Differential Equations, Academic Press, New York, NY, USA, 1982.
- N. H. Ibragimov, CRC Handbook of Lie Group Analysis of Differential Equations, vol. 1–3, CRC Press, Boca Raton, Fla, USA, 1994–1996.
- N. A. Kudryashov, “Simplest equation method to look for exact solutions of nonlinear differential equations,” Chaos, Solitons and Fractals, vol. 24, no. 5, pp. 1217–1231, 2005.
- S. C. Anco and G. Bluman, “Direct construction method for conservation laws of partial differential equations—I: examples of conservation law classifications,” European Journal of Applied Mathematics, vol. 13, no. 5, pp. 545–566, 2002.
- N. K. Vitanov, “Application of simplest equations of Bernoulli and Riccati kind for obtaining exact traveling-wave solutions for a class of PDEs with polynomial nonlinearity,” Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation, vol. 15, no. 8, pp. 2050–2060, 2010.
- A. R. Adem and C. M. Khalique, “Symmetry reductions, exact solutions and conservation laws of a new coupled KdV system,” Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation, vol. 17, no. 9, pp. 3465–3475, 2012.
- M. Anthonyrajah and D. P. Mason, “Conservation laws and invariant solutions in the Fanno model for turbulent compressible flow,” Mathematical & Computational Applications, vol. 15, no. 4, pp. 529–542, 2010.