- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 810363, 6 pages
A New Variable-Coefficient Riccati Subequation Method for Solving Nonlinear Lattice Equations
School of Mathematical Sciences, Qufu Normal University, Qufu 273165, China
Received 20 January 2013; Accepted 31 January 2013
Academic Editor: Andrei Korobeinikov
Copyright © 2013 Fanwei Meng. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- E. Fermi, Collected Papers of Enrico Fermi II, The University of Chicago Press, Chicago, Ill, USA, 1965.
- M. Wadati, “Transformation theories for nonlinear discrete systems,” Progress of Theoretical Physics, vol. 59, pp. 36–63, 1976.
- M. K. Kadalbajoo and K. K. Sharma, “Numerical treatment for singularly perturbed nonlinear differential difference equations with negative shift,” Nonlinear Analysis, Theory, Methods and Applications, vol. 63, no. 5–7, pp. e1909–e1924, 2005.
- M. Toda, Theory of Nonlinear Lattices, vol. 20, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 1981.
- D. Baldwin, Ü. Göktaş, and W. Hereman, “Symbolic computation of hyperbolic tangent solutions for nonlinear differential-difference equations,” Computer Physics Communications, vol. 162, no. 3, pp. 203–217, 2004.
- M. J. Ablowitz and J. F. Ladik, “Nonlinear differential-difference equations,” Journal of Mathematical Physics, vol. 16, pp. 598–603, 1975.
- S.-K. Liu, Z.-T. Fu, Z.-G. Wang, and S.-D. Liu, “Periodic solutions for a class of nonlinear differential-difference equations,” Communications in Theoretical Physics, vol. 49, no. 5, pp. 1155–1158, 2008.
- L. Wu, L.-D. Xie, and J.-F. Zhang, “Adomian decomposition method for nonlinear differential-difference equations,” Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation, vol. 14, no. 1, pp. 12–18, 2009.
- P. Marquié, J. M. Bilbault, and M. Remoissenet, “Observation of nonlinear localized modes in an electrical lattice,” Physical Review E, vol. 51, no. 6, pp. 6127–6133, 1995.
- H. S. Eisenberg, Y. Silberberg, R. Morandotti, A. R. Boyd, and J. S. Aitchison, “Discrete spatial optical solitons in waveguide arrays,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 81, no. 16, pp. 3383–3386, 1998.
- I. Aslan, “Discrete exact solutions to some nonlinear differential-difference equations via the -expansion method,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 215, no. 8, pp. 3140–3147, 2009.
- B. Ayhan and A. Bekir, “The -expansion method for the nonlinear lattice equations,” Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation, vol. 17, pp. 3490–3498, 2012.
- S. Zhang, L. Dong, J.-M. Ba, and Y.-N. Sun, “The -expansion method for nonlinear differential-difference equations,” Physics Letters A, vol. 373, no. 10, pp. 905–910, 2009.
- B. Tang, Y. N. He, L. L. Wei, and S. L. Wang, “Variable-coefficient discrete -expansion method for nonlinear differential-difference equations,” Physics Letters A, vol. 375, pp. 3355–3361, 2011.
- C.-Q. Dai, X. Cen, and S.-S. Wu, “Exact travelling wave solutions of the discrete sine-Gordon equation obtained via the exp-function method,” Nonlinear Analysis. Theory, Methods & Applications A, vol. 70, no. 1, pp. 58–63, 2009.
- C.-S. Liu, “Exponential function rational expansion method for nonlinear differential-difference equations,” Chaos, Solitons and Fractals, vol. 40, no. 2, pp. 708–716, 2009.
- H. Xin, “The exponential function rational expansion method and exact solutions to nonlinear lattice equations system,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 217, no. 4, pp. 1561–1565, 2010.
- K. A. Gepreel and A. R. Shehata, “Rational Jacobi elliptic solutions for nonlinear differential-difference lattice equations,” Applied Mathematics Letters, vol. 25, no. 9, pp. 1173–1178, 2012.
- W. Huang and Y. Liu, “Jacobi elliptic function solutions of the Ablowitz-Ladik discrete nonlinear Schrödinger system,” Chaos, Solitons and Fractals, vol. 40, no. 2, pp. 786–792, 2009.
- X.-B. Hu and W.-X. Ma, “Application of Hirota's bilinear formalism to the Toeplitz lattice—some special soliton-like solutions,” Physics Letters A, vol. 293, no. 3-4, pp. 161–165, 2002.
- I. Aslan, “A discrete generalization of the extended simplest equation method,” Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation, vol. 15, no. 8, pp. 1967–1973, 2010.
- Z. Wang, “Discrete tanh method for nonlinear difference-differential equations,” Computer Physics Communications, vol. 180, no. 7, pp. 1104–1108, 2009.
- N. A. Kudryashov, “Simplest equation method to look for exact solutions of nonlinear differential equations,” Chaos, Solitons and Fractals, vol. 24, no. 5, pp. 1217–1231, 2005.
- N. A. Kudryashov, “Exact solitary waves of the Fisher equation,” Physics Letters A, vol. 342, no. 1-2, pp. 99–106, 2005.
- W. X. Ma and B. Fuchssteiner, “Explicit and exact solutions to a Kolmogorov-Petrovskii-Piskunov equation,” International Journal of Non-Linear Mechanics, vol. 31, no. 3, pp. 329–338, 1996.
- W. X. Ma, “An application of the Casoratian technique to the 2D Toda lattice equation,” Modern Physics Letters B, vol. 22, no. 19, pp. 1815–1825, 2008.
- W.-X. Ma, “Combined Wronskian solutions to the 2D Toda molecule equation,” Physics Letters A, vol. 375, no. 45, pp. 3931–3935, 2011.
- N. A. Kudryashov, “A note on the -expansion method,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 217, no. 4, pp. 1755–1758, 2010.