- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 814912, 8 pages
A Self-Adjusting Spectral Conjugate Gradient Method for Large-Scale Unconstrained Optimization
1School of Foreign Languages, Gannan Normal University, Ganzhou 341000, China
2School of Mathematics and Computer Sciences, Gannan Normal University, Ganzhou 341000, China
Received 21 February 2013; Accepted 17 March 2013
Academic Editor: Guoyin Li
Copyright © 2013 Yuanying Qiu et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Y. H. Dai and Y. Yuan, “An efficient hybrid conjugate gradient method for unconstrained optimization,” Annals of Operations Research, vol. 103, pp. 33–47, 2001.
- Y. H. Dai and Y. Yuan, “A nonlinear conjugate gradient method with a strong global convergence property,” SIAM Journal on Optimization, vol. 10, no. 1, pp. 177–182, 1999.
- Z. X. Wei, G. Y. Li, and L. Q. Qi, “Global convergence of the Polak-Ribière-Polyak conjugate gradient method with an Armijo-type inexact line search for nonconvex unconstrained optimization problems,” Mathematics of Computation, vol. 77, no. 264, pp. 2173–2193, 2008.
- W. W. Hager and H. Zhang, “A new conjugate gradient method with guaranteed descent and an efficient line search,” SIAM Journal on Optimization, vol. 16, no. 1, pp. 170–192, 2005.
- L. Zhang, W. Zhou, and D.-H. Li, “A descent modified Polak-Ribière-Polyak conjugate gradient method and its global convergence,” IMA Journal of Numerical Analysis, vol. 26, no. 4, pp. 629–640, 2006.
- G. Yuan, “Modified nonlinear conjugate gradient methods with sufficient descent property for large-scale optimization problems,” Optimization Letters, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 11–21, 2009.
- G. Yu, L. Guan, and W. Chen, “Spectral conjugate gradient methods with sufficient descent property for large-scale unconstrained optimization,” Optimization Methods and Software, vol. 23, no. 2, pp. 275–293, 2008.
- G. Yu, Nonlinear self-scaling conjugate gradient methods for large-scale optimization problems [Ph.D. thesis], Sun Yat-Sen University, Guangzhou, China, 2007.
- G. Li, C. Tang, and Z. Wei, “New conjugacy condition and related new conjugate gradient methods for unconstrained optimization,” Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, vol. 202, no. 2, pp. 523–539, 2007.
- Y.-H. Dai, “New properties of a nonlinear conjugate gradient method,” Numerische Mathematik, vol. 89, no. 1, pp. 83–98, 2001.
- J. C. Gilbert and J. Nocedal, “Global convergence properties of conjugate gradient methods for optimization,” SIAM Journal on Optimization, vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 21–42, 1992.
- E. D. Dolan and J. J. Moré, “Benchmarking optimization software with performance profiles,” Mathematical Programming, vol. 91, no. 2, pp. 201–213, 2002.