- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 820141, 6 pages
A New Characterization of Compact Sets in Fuzzy Number Spaces
1Department of Mathematics, Jimei University, Xiamen 361021, China
2Department of Mathematics, Harbin Institute of Technology, Harbin 150001, China
Received 14 August 2013; Accepted 18 October 2013
Academic Editor: Juan Carlos Cortés López
Copyright © 2013 Huan Huang and Congxin Wu. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- H. Huang and C. Wu, “Approximation capabilities of multilayer fuzzy neural networks on the set of fuzzy-valued functions,” Information Sciences, vol. 179, no. 16, pp. 2762–2773, 2009.
- P. Diamond and P. Kloeden, Metric Spaces of Fuzzy Sets—Theory and Applications, World Scientific, River Edge, NJ, USA, 1994.
- B. M. Ghil, S. Y. Joo, and Y. K. Kim, “A characterization of compact subsets of fuzzy number space,” Fuzzy Sets and Systems, vol. 123, no. 2, pp. 191–195, 2001.
- O. Kaleva, “On the convergence of fuzzy sets,” Fuzzy Sets and Systems, vol. 17, no. 1, pp. 53–65, 1985.
- M. Rojas-Medar and H. Román-Flores, “On the equivalence of convergences of fuzzy sets,” Fuzzy Sets and Systems, vol. 80, no. 2, pp. 217–224, 1996.
- J.-X. Fang and H. Huang, “Some properties of the level convergence topology on fuzzy number space ,” Fuzzy Sets and Systems, vol. 140, no. 3, pp. 509–517, 2003, Theme: Topology.
- J.-X. Fang and H. Huang, “On the level convergence of a sequence of fuzzy numbers,” Fuzzy Sets and Systems, vol. 147, no. 3, pp. 417–435, 2004.
- T. Fan, “On the compactness of fuzzy numbers with sendograph metric,” Fuzzy Sets and Systems, vol. 143, no. 3, pp. 471–477, 2004.
- G. H. Greco and M. P. Moschen, “Supremum metric and relatively compact sets of fuzzy sets,” Nonlinear Analysis. Theory, Methods & Applications, vol. 64, no. 6, pp. 1325–1335, 2006.
- Ö. Talo and F. Başar, “On the slowly decreasing sequences of fuzzy numbers,” Abstract and Applied Analysis, vol. 2013, Article ID 891986, 7 pages, 2013.
- H. Huang, “Some notes on Zadeh's extensions,” Information Sciences, vol. 180, no. 19, pp. 3806–3813, 2010.
- C. Wu and M. Ma, The Basic of Fuzzy Analysis, National Defence Industry Press, Beijing, China, 1991, (Chinese).
- H. Huang and C. Wu, “Approximation of fuzzy functions by regular fuzzy neural networks,” Fuzzy Sets and Systems, vol. 177, pp. 60–79, 2011.
- J.-X. Fang and Q.-Y. Xue, “Some properties of the space of fuzzy-valued continuous functions on a compact set,” Fuzzy Sets and Systems, vol. 160, no. 11, pp. 1620–1631, 2009.
- M. L. Puri and D. A. Ralescu, “The concept of normality for fuzzy random variables,” The Annals of Probability, vol. 13, no. 4, pp. 1373–1379, 1985.
- E. Klein and A. C. Thompson, Theory of Correspondences, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 1984.
- H. Román-Flores, “The compactness of E(X),” Applied Mathematics Letters, vol. 11, no. 2, pp. 13–17, 1998.
- J. L. Kelley, General topology, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 1975.