- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 823098, 12 pages
A Collocation Method Based on the Bernoulli Operational Matrix for Solving High-Order Linear Complex Differential Equations in a Rectangular Domain
1Department of Applied Mathematics, School of Mathematical Sciences, Ferdowsi University of Mashhad, Mashhad, Iran
2Center of Excellence on Modelling and Control Systems, Ferdowsi University of Mashhad, Mashhad, Iran
3Department of Mathematics, University of Venda, Private Bag X5050, Thohoyandou 0950, South Africa
Received 19 November 2012; Accepted 14 February 2013
Academic Editor: Douglas Anderson
Copyright © 2013 Faezeh Toutounian et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- L. Cveticanin, “Free vibration of a strong non-linear system described with complex functions,” Journal of Sound and Vibration, vol. 277, no. 4-5, pp. 815–824, 2004.
- L. Cveticanin, “Approximate solution of a strongly nonlinear complex differential equation,” Journal of Sound and Vibration, vol. 284, no. 1-2, pp. 503–512, 2005.
- G. A. Barsegian, Gamma Lines: On the Geometry of Real and Complex Functions, vol. 5 of Asian Mathematics Series, Taylor & Francis, New York, NY, USA, 2002.
- G. Barsegian and D. T. Lê, “On a topological description of solutions of complex differential equations,” Complex Variables, vol. 50, no. 5, pp. 307–318, 2005.
- K. Ishizaki and K. Tohge, “On the complex oscillation of some linear differential equations,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 206, no. 2, pp. 503–517, 1997.
- J. Heittokangas, R. Korhonen, and J. Rättyä, “Growth estimates for solutions of linear complex differential equations,” Annales Academiæ Scientiarum Fennicæ, vol. 29, no. 1, pp. 233–246, 2004.
- V. Andrievskii, “Polynomial approximation of analytic functions on a finite number of continua in the complex plane,” Journal of Approximation Theory, vol. 133, no. 2, pp. 238–244, 2005.
- V. A. Prokhorov, “On best rational approximation of analytic functions,” Journal of Approximation Theory, vol. 133, no. 2, pp. 284–296, 2005.
- M. Gülsu and M. Sezer, “Approximate solution to linear complex differential equation by a new approximate approach,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 185, no. 1, pp. 636–645, 2007.
- M. Gülsu, B. Gürbüz, Y. Öztürk, and M. Sezer, “Laguerre polynomial approach for solving linear delay difference equations,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 217, no. 15, pp. 6765–6776, 2011.
- Y. Öztürk and M. Gülsu, “Approximate solution of linear generalized pantograph equations with variable coefficients on Chebyshev-Gauss grid,” Journal of Advanced Research in Scientific Computing, vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 36–51, 2012.
- M. Sezer and A. Akyuz-Das-cioglu, “A Taylor method for numerical solution of generalized pantograph equations with linear functional argument,” Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, vol. 200, no. 1, pp. 217–225, 2007.
- M. Sezer, M. Gülsu, and B. Tanay, “A Taylor collocation method for the numerical solution of complex differential equations with mixed conditions in elliptic domains,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 182, no. 1, pp. 498–508, 2006.
- M. Sezer and S. Yuzbasi, “A collocation method to solve higher order linear complex differential equations in rectangular domains,” Numerical Methods for Partial Differential Equations, vol. 26, no. 3, pp. 596–611, 2010.
- E. Tohidi, “Legendre approximation for solving linear HPDEs and comparison with Taylor and Bernoulli matrix methods,” Applied Mathematics, vol. 3, no. 5, pp. 410–416, 2012.
- S. Yuzbasi, M. Aynigul, and M. Sezer, “A collocation method using Hermite polynomials for approximate solution of pantograph equations,” Journal of the Franklin Institute, vol. 348, no. 6, pp. 1128–1139, 2011.
- S. Yuzbasi, “A numerical approximation based on the Bessel functions of first kind for solutions of Riccati type differential difference equations,” Computers & Mathematics with Applications, vol. 64, no. 6, pp. 1691–1705, 2012.
- S. Yuzbasi, N. Sahin, and M. Sezer, “A collocation approach for solving linear complex differential equations in rectangular domains,” Mathematical Methods in the Applied Sciences, vol. 35, no. 10, pp. 1126–1139, 2012.
- S. Yuzbasi, N. Sahin, and M. Gulso, “A collocation approach for solving a class of complex differential equations in elliptic domains,” Journal of Numerical Mathematics, vol. 19, no. 3, pp. 225–246, 2011.
- A. H. Bhrawy, E. Tohidi, and F. Soleymani, “A new Bernoulli matrix method for solving high-order linear and nonlinear Fredholm integro-differential equations with piecewise intervals,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 219, no. 2, pp. 482–497, 2012.
- E. Tohidi, A. H. Bhrawy, and Kh. Erfani, “A collocation method based on Bernoulli operational matrix for numerical solution of generalized pantograph equation,” Applied Mathematical Modelling, vol. 37, no. 6, pp. 4283–4294, 2013.
- E. Tohidi, “Bernoulli matrix approach for solving two dimensional linear hyperbolic partial differential equations with constant coefficients,” Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, vol. 2, no. 4, pp. 136–139, 2012.
- O. R. N. Samadi and E. Tohidi, “The spectral method for solving systems of Volterra integral equations,” Journal of Applied Mathematics and Computing, vol. 40, no. 1-2, pp. 477–497, 2012.
- E. Tohidi and O. R. N. Samadi, “Optimal control of nonlinear Volterra integral equations via Legendre polynomials,” IMA Journal of Mathematical Control and Information, vol. 30, no. 1, pp. 67–83, 2013.
- S. Mashayekhi, Y. Ordokhani, and M. Razzaghi, “Hybrid functions approach for nonlinear constrained optimal control problems,” Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation, vol. 17, no. 4, pp. 1831–1843, 2012.
- M. Sezer and M. Gülsu, “Approximate solution of complex differential equations for a rectangular domain with Taylor collocation method,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 177, no. 2, pp. 844–851, 2006.
- V. I. Krylov, Approximate Calculation of Integrals, Dover, Mineola, NY, USA, 1962.
- F. A. Costabile and F. Dell'Accio, “Expansion over a rectangle of real functions in Bernoulli polynomials and applications,” BIT Numerical Mathematics, vol. 41, no. 3, pp. 451–464, 2001.