- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 824058, 5 pages
Optimal Simultaneous Approximation via -Summability
1Departamento de Matemáticas, I.E.S. Virgen del Carmen, 23008 Jaén, Spain
2Departamento de Matemáticas, Universidad de Jaén, Campus Las Lagunillas s/n., 23071 Jaén, Spain
Received 22 May 2013; Accepted 15 August 2013
Academic Editor: Zhongxiao Jia
Copyright © 2013 Francisco Aguilera et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- G. G. Lorentz, “A contribution to the theory of divergent sequences,” Acta Mathematica, vol. 80, no. 1, pp. 167–190, 1948.
- F. Altomare and M. Campiti, Korovkin-Type Approximation Theory and Its Applications, vol. 17 of de Gruyter Studies in Mathematics, Walter de Gruyter, Berlin, Germany, 1994.
- J. P. King and J. J. Swetits, “Positive linear operators and summability,” Australian Mathematical Society A, vol. 11, pp. 281–290, 1970.
- R. N. Mohapatra, “Quantitative results on almost convergence of a sequence of positive linear operators,” Journal of Approximation Theory, vol. 20, no. 3, pp. 239–250, 1977.
- J. J. Swetits, “On summability and positive linear operators,” Journal of Approximation Theory, vol. 25, no. 2, pp. 186–188, 1979.
- H. T. Bell, “Order summability and almost convergence,” Proceedings of the American Mathematical Society, vol. 38, pp. 548–552, 1973.
- F. Aguilera, D. Cárdenas-Morales, P. Garrancho, and J. M. Hernández, “Quantitative results in conservative approximation and summability,” Automation Computers Applied Mathematics, vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 201–208, 2008.
- P. Garrancho, D. Cárdenas-Morales, and F. Aguilera, “On asymptotic formulae via summability,” Mathematics and Computers in Simulation, vol. 81, no. 10, pp. 2174–2180, 2011.
- D. Cárdenas-Morales and P. Garrancho, “Local saturation of conservative operators,” Acta Mathematica Hungarica, vol. 100, no. 1-2, pp. 83–95, 2003.
- P. Garrancho and D. Cárdenas-Morales, “A converse of asymptotic formulae in simultaneous approximation,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 217, no. 6, pp. 2676–2683, 2010.
- G. G. Lorentz and L. L. Schumaker, “Saturation of positive operators,” Journal of Approximation Theory, vol. 5, no. 4, pp. 413–424, 1972.
- H. Berens, “Pointwise saturation of positive operators,” Journal of Approximation Theory, vol. 6, no. 2, pp. 135–146, 1972.
- S. J. Karlin and W. J. Studden, Tchebycheff Systems, Wiley-Interscience, New York, NY, USA, 1966.
- I. N. Pesin, Classical and Modern Integration Theories, Academic Press, New York, NY, USA, 1951.