- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 824316, 15 pages
Malmquist Productivity Index by Extended VIKOR Method Using Interval Numbers
1Department of Industrial Engineering, South Tehran Branch, Islamic Azad University, Tehran 1151863411, Iran
2Department of Industrial Engineering, Science and Research Branch, Islamic Azad University, Tehran 1477893855, Iran
Received 19 May 2013; Revised 27 July 2013; Accepted 7 August 2013
Academic Editor: Patricia J. Y. Wong
Copyright © 2013 Mohammad Fallah et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- P. L. Yu, “A class of solutions for group decision problems,” Management Science, vol. 19, pp. 936–946, 1973.
- M. Zeleny, Multiple Criteria Decision Making, McGraw-Hill, New York, NY, USA, 1982.
- P. L. Yu, Multiple-criteria Decision Making: Concepts, Techniques, and Extensions, vol. 30, Plenum Press, New York, NY, USA, 1985.
- C. L. Hwang and K. Yoon, Multiple Attribute Decision Making Methods and Applications, vol. 186, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 1981.
- E. Triantaphyllou, Multi-Criteria Decision Making Methods: A Comparative Study, Kluwer Academic Publishers, Dordrecht, The Netherlands, 2000.
- H.-F. Wang, “Fuzzy multicriteria decision making—an overview,” Journal of Intelligent and Fuzzy Systems, vol. 9, no. 1-2, pp. 61–83, 2000.
- S. J. Chen and C. L. Hwang, Fuzzy Multiple Attribute Decision Making, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 1991.
- R. A. Ribeiro, “Fuzzy multiple attribute decision making: a review and new preference elicitation techniques,” Fuzzy Sets and Systems, vol. 78, no. 2, pp. 155–181, 1996.
- S. Opricovic, “Fuzzy VIKOR with an application to water resources planning,” Expert Systems with Applications, vol. 38, no. 10, pp. 12983–12990, 2011.
- T.-C. Chu and Y. Lin, “An extension to fuzzy MCDM,” Computers & Mathematics with Applications, vol. 57, no. 3, pp. 445–454, 2009.
- Y. Kim and E. S. Chung, “Fuzzy VIKOR approach for assessing the vulnerability of the water supply to climate change and variability in South Korea,” Applied Mathematical Modelling, 2013.
- C. T. Chen, W. Z. Hung, and W. Y. Zhang, “using interval-valued fuzzy vikor for cloud service provider evaluation and selection,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Business and Information, pp. 88–99, Bali, Indonesia, 2013.
- P. Kall and S. W. Wallace, Stochastic Programming, Wiley, Chichester, UK, 1994.
- J. K. Sengupta, Optimal Decision Under Uncertainty, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 1981.
- S. Vajda, Probabilistic Programming, Academic Press, New York, NY, USA, 1972.
- X. Liu, “On the methods of decision making under uncertainty with probability information,” International Journal of Intelligent Systems, vol. 19, no. 12, pp. 1217–1238, 2004.
- R. E. Moore, Method and Application of Interval Analysis, SIAM, Philadelphia, Pa, USA, 1979.
- G. R. Jahanshahloo, F. H. Lotfi, and M. Izadikhah, “An algorithmic method to extend TOPSIS for decision-making problems with interval data,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 175, no. 2, pp. 1375–1384, 2006.
- M. K. Sayadi, M. Heydari, and K. Shahanaghi, “Extension of VIKOR method for decision making problem with interval numbers,” Applied Mathematical Modelling, vol. 33, no. 5, pp. 2257–2262, 2009.
- F. Choobineh and A. Behrens, “Use of intervals and possibility distributions in economic analysis,” Journal of the Operational Research Society, vol. 43, no. 9, pp. 907–918, 1992.
- G. Alefeld and J. Herzberger, Introduction to Interval Computations, Academic Press, New York, NY, USA, 1983.
- R. B. Kearfott and V. Kreinovich, Applications of Interval Computations, Kluwer Academic Publishers, Dordrecht, The Netherlands, 1996.
- A. Sengupta and T. K. Pal, “Solving the shortest path problem with interval arcs,” Fuzzy Optimization and Decision Making, vol. 5, no. 1, pp. 71–89, 2006.
- S. Tong, “Interval number and fuzzy number linear programmings,” Fuzzy Sets and Systems, vol. 66, no. 3, pp. 301–306, 1994.
- R. Moore and W. Lodwick, “Interval analysis and fuzzy set theory,” Fuzzy Sets and Systems, vol. 135, no. 1, pp. 5–9, 2003.
- S. Malmquist, “Index numbers and indifference surfaces,” Trabajos de Estadistica, vol. 4, no. 2, pp. 209–242, 1953.
- D. W. Caves, L. R. Christensen, and W. E. Diewert, “The economic theory of index numbers and the measurement of input, output and productivity,” Econometrica, vol. 50, pp. 1393–1414, 1982.
- M. Nishimizu and J. M. Page, “Total factor productivity growth, technological progress and technical efficiency change: dimensions of productivity change in Yugoslavia, 1965–1978,” Economic Journal, vol. 92, no. 368, pp. 920–936, 1982.
- R. Fare, S. Grosskopf, and C. A. K. Lovell, Production Frontiers, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK, 1994.
- R. Fare, S. Grosskopf, M. Norris, and Z. Z. Zhongyang Zhang, “Productivity growth, technical progress, and efficiency change in industrialized countries,” American Economic Review, vol. 84, no. 1, pp. 66–83, 1994.
- R. Fare, S. Grosskopf, B. Lindgren, and P. Proos, “Productivity Development in Swedish Hospitals: A Malmquist Output Index Approach,” Department of Economics Discussion Paper 89–3, Southern Illinois University, Carbondale, Ill, USA, 1989.
- A. Charnes, W. W. Cooper, A. Y. Lewin, and L. S. Seiford, Eds., Data Envelopment Analysis: Theory, Methodology and Applications, Kluwer Academic Publisher, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 1995.
- T. Coelli, D. S. P. Rao, and G. E. Battase, An Introduction to Efficiency and Productivity Analysis, Kluwer Academic Publishers, Boston, Mass, USA, 1998.
- F. Hosseinzadeh lotfi and M. V. Ghasemi, “Malmquist productivity index on interval data in telecommunication firms, application of data envelopment analysis,” Applied Mathematical Sciences, vol. 1, no. 15, pp. 711–722, 2007.
- A. N. Berger and D. B. Humphrey, “Efficiency of financial institutions: international survey and directions for future research,” European Journal of Operational Research, vol. 98, no. 2, pp. 175–212, 1997.
- A. N. Berger and D. B. Humphrey, “The dominance of inefficiencies over scale and product mix economies in banking,” Journal of Monetary Economics, vol. 28, no. 1, pp. 117–148, 1991.
- H. Kuussaari and J. Vesala, “The Efficiency of Finnish Banks in Producing Payment and Account Transactions,” Working paper, Bank of Finland, 1995.
- L. A. Zadeh, “Fuzzy sets,” Information and Control, no. 8, pp. 339–353, 1965.
- S. J. Chen and C. L. Hwang, Fuzzy Multiple Attribute Decision Making Method and Application, A State-of-the-Art Survey, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 1992.