- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 824641, 8 pages
A Note on the -Stein Matrix Equation
Center for General Education, National Formosa University, Huwei 632, Taiwan
Received 16 May 2013; Revised 16 July 2013; Accepted 16 July 2013
Academic Editor: Masoud Hajarian
Copyright © 2013 Chun-Yueh Chiang. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- H. W. Braden, “The equations ,” SIAM Journal on Matrix Analysis and Applications, vol. 20, no. 2, pp. 295–302, 1998.
- X. Ma, J. Han, and F. Pu, “A study of solution existence for matrix equation ,” Journal of Shenyang Institute of Aeronautical Engineering, vol. 4, pp. 64–66, 2003.
- A. W. Bojanczyk, G. H. Golub, and P. Van Dooren, “Periodic schur decomposition: algorithms and applications,” in Advanced Signal Processing Algorithms, Architectures, and Implementations, vol. 1770 of Proceedings of SPIE, pp. 31–42, San Diego, Calif, USA, July 1992.
- C.-Y. Chiang, E. K.-W. Chu, and W.-W. Lin, “On the *-Sylvester equation ,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 218, no. 17, pp. 8393–8407, 2012.
- Y. Su and G. Chen, “Iterative methods for solving linear matrix equation and linear matrix system,” International Journal of Computer Mathematics, vol. 87, no. 4, pp. 763–774, 2010.
- M. Wang, X. Cheng, and M. Wei, “Iterative algorithms for solving the matrix equation ,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 187, no. 2, pp. 622–629, 2007.
- B. Zhou, J. Lam, and G.-R. Duan, “Toward solution of matrix equation ,” Linear Algebra and its Applications, vol. 435, no. 6, pp. 1370–1398, 2011.
- K. D. Ikramov and O. Yu. Vorontsov, “The matrix equation : conditions for unique solvability and a numerical algorithm for its solution,” Doklady Mathematics, vol. 85, pp. 265–267, 2012.
- D. S. Bernstein, Matrix Mathematics, Theory, Facts, and Formulas, Princeton University Press, Princeton, NJ, USA, 2nd edition, 2009.
- R. A. Horn and C. R. Johnson, Topics in Matrix Analysis, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK, 1994, Corrected reprint of the 1991 original.
- F. Zhang, Matrix Theory: Basic Results and Techniques, Universitext, Springer, 1999.
- D. A. Bini, B. Iannazzo, and B. Meini, Numerical Solution of Algebraic Riccati Equations, Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics (SIAM), Philadelphia, Pa, USA, 2012.
- I. Gohberg, P. Lancaster, and L. Rodman, Matrix Polynomials, Computer Science and Applied Mathematics, Academic Press, New York, NY, USA, 1982.
- C.-Y. Chiang and M. M. Lin, “Deflating subspaces and Sylvester equations,” Tech. Rep., NCTS, Taiwan, 2013.
- R. A. Smith, “Matrix equation ,” SIAM Journal on Applied Mathematics, vol. 16, pp. 198–201, 1968.
- T. Penzl, “A cyclic low-rank Smith method for large sparse Lyapunov equations,” SIAM Journal on Scientific Computing, vol. 21, no. 4, pp. 1401–1418, 1999.
- B. Zhou, J. Lam, and G.-R. Duan, “On Smith-type iterative algorithms for the Stein matrix equation,” Applied Mathematics Letters, vol. 22, no. 7, pp. 1038–1044, 2009.
- R. H. Bartels and G. W. Stewart, “Solution of the matrix equation : algorithm 432,” Communications of the ACM, vol. 15, no. 9, pp. 820–826, 1972.
- G. H. Golub and C. F. Van Loan, Matrix Computations, Johns Hopkins Studies in the Mathematical Sciences, Johns Hopkins University Press, Baltimore, Md, USA, 3rd edition, 1996.
- N. J. Higham, Accuracy and Stability of Numerical Algorithms, Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics (SIAM), Philadelphia, Pa, USA, 2nd edition, 2002.
- A. R. Ghavimi and A. J. Laub, “Backward error, sensitivity, and refinement of computed solutions of algebraic Riccati equations,” Numerical Linear Algebra with Applications, vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 29–49, 1995.