- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 836537, 6 pages
Nonlinear Dynamics in the Solow Model with Bounded Population Growth and Time-to-Build Technology
1Department of Management, Polytechnic University of Marche, Piazza Martelli 8, 60121 Ancona, Italy
2Department of Economics and Management, University of Pisa, Via Cosimo Ridolfi 10, 56124 Pisa, Italy
Received 5 September 2013; Accepted 15 October 2013
Academic Editor: Carlo Bianca
Copyright © 2013 Luca Guerrini and Mauro Sodini. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- L. Guerrini, “The Solow-Swan model with a bounded population growth rate,” Journal of Mathematical Economics, vol. 42, no. 1, pp. 14–21, 2006.
- L. Fanti and P. Manfredi, “The Solow’s model with endogenous population: a neoclassical growth cycle model,” Journal of Economic Development, vol. 28, no. 2, pp. 103–115, 2003.
- F. Fabião and M. J. Borges, “Existence of periodic solutions for a modified growth solow model,” in Proceedings of the 36th International Conference “Applications of Mathematics in Engineering and Economics” (AMEE '10), pp. 97–106, June 2010.
- J. Benhabib and K. Nishimura, “Endogenous fluctuations in the Barro-Becker theory of fertility,” in DemographicChange and Economic Development, A. Wenig and K. F. Zimmermann, Eds., pp. 29–41, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 1989.
- R. H. Day, K. Kim, and D. Macunovich, “Complex demoeconomic dynamics,” Journal of Population Economics, vol. 2, no. 2, pp. 139–159, 1989.
- G. Feichtinger and E. J. Dockner, “Capital accumulation, endogenous population growth, and Easterlin cycles,” Journal of Population Economics, vol. 3, no. 2, pp. 73–87, 1990.
- G. E. Hutchinson, “Circular causal systems in ecology,” Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences, vol. 50, no. 4, pp. 221–246, 1948.
- W. S. Jevons, 1911, The theory of Political Economy, 4th Ed. First published in 1871, Second, enlarged Edition in 1879, Macmillan, London, UK, 1871.
- M. Kalecki, “A macroeconomic theory of business cycles,” Econometrica, vol. 3, no. 3, pp. 327–344, 1935.
- B. Hassard, D. Kazarino, and Y. Wan, Theory and Application of Hopf Bifurcation, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK, 1981.
- P. J. Zak, “Kaleckian lags in general equilibrium,” Review of Political Economy, vol. 11, pp. 321–330, 1999.
- P. K. Asea and P. J. Zak, “Time-to-build and cycles,” Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, vol. 23, no. 8, pp. 1155–1175, 1999.
- A. Krawiec and M. Szydłowski, “A note on Kaleckian lags in the Solow model,” Review of Political Economy, vol. 16, no. 4, pp. 501–506, 2004.
- M. Szydłowski, “Time to build in dynamics of economic models II: models of economic growth,” Chaos, Solitons and Fractals, vol. 18, no. 2, pp. 355–364, 2003.
- C. Bianca and L. Guerrini, “On the Dalgaard-Strulik model with logistic population growth rate and delayed-carrying capacity,” Acta Applicandae Mathematicae, 2013.
- L. Fanti, M. Iannelli, and P. Manfredi, “Neoclassical growth with endogenous age distribution. Poverty vs low-fertility traps as steady states of demographic transitions,” Journal of Population Economics, vol. 26, no. 4, pp. 1457–1484, 2013.
- L. Guerrini and M. Sodini, “Dynamic properties of the Solow model with increasing or decreasing population and time-to-build technology,” Abstract and Applied Analysis, 2013.
- L. V. Ballestra, L. Guerrini, and G. Pacelli, “Stability switches and Hopf bifurcation in a Kaleckian model of business cycle,” Abstract and Applied Analysis, vol. 2013, Article ID 689372, 8 pages, 2013.
- Z. Hongliang and H. Wenzao, “Inada conditions and global dynamic analysis of basic growth models with time delays,” in Stochastic Economic Dynamics, B. S. Jensen and T. Palokangas, Eds., pp. 229–246, Copenhagen Business School Press, Copenhagen, Denmark, 2007.
- R. M. Solow, “A contribution to the theory of economic growth,” Quarterly Journal of Economics, vol. 70, pp. 65–94, 1956.
- J. Arino, L. Wang, and G. S. K. Wolkowicz, “An alternative formulation for a delayed logistic equation,” Journal of Theoretical Biology, vol. 241, no. 1, pp. 109–119, 2006.