- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 837548, 14 pages
Adaptive Robust Motion Control of Direct-Drive DC Motors with Continuous Friction Compensation
1The School of Mechanical Engineering, Nanjing University of Science and Technology, Nanjing 210094, China
2The School of Automation Science and Electrical Engineering, Beihang University, Beijing 100191, China
Received 4 September 2013; Accepted 12 September 2013
Academic Editor: Carlo Bianca
Copyright © 2013 Jianyong Yao et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. Iwasaki, K. Seki, and Y. Maeda, “High-precision motion control techniques: a promising approach to improving motion performance,” IEEE Industrial Electronics Magazine, vol. 6, no. 1, pp. 32–40, 2012.
- J. Huang, H. Li, Y. Chen, and Q. Xu, “Robust position control of PMSM using fractional-order sliding mode controller,” Abstract and Applied Analysis, vol. 2012, Article ID 512703, 33 pages, 2012.
- A. Rincón, F. E. Hoyos, and F. Angulo, “Controller design for a second-order plant with uncertain parameters and disturbance: application to a DC motor,” Abstract and Applied Analysis, vol. 2013, Article ID 169519, 16 pages, 2013.
- T. Shoji, S. Katsumata, S. Nakaura, and M. Sampei, “Throwing motion control of the springed pendubot,” IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology, vol. 21, no. 3, pp. 950–957, 2013.
- B. Yao, C. Hu, L. Lu, and Q. Wang, “Adaptive robust precision motion control of a high-speed industrial gantry with cogging force compensations,” IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology, vol. 19, no. 5, pp. 1149–1159, 2011.
- S. Lee and W.-J. Kim, “Active suspension control with direct-drive tubular linear brushless permanent-magnet motor,” IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology, vol. 18, no. 4, pp. 859–870, 2010.
- Y. Kim, P. LeDuc, and W. Messner, “Modeling and control of a nonlinear mechanism for high performance Microfluidic systems,” IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology, vol. 21, no. 1, pp. 203–211, 2013.
- J. Yao, Z. Jiao, and D. Ma, “Adaptive robust control of DC motors with extended state observer,” IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, 2013.
- Y. Tan, J. Chang, and H. Tan, “Adaptive backstepping control and friction compensation for AC servo with inertia and load uncertainties,” IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, vol. 50, no. 5, pp. 944–952, 2003.
- R. H. A. Hensen, M. J. G. van de Molengraft, and M. Steinbuch, “Friction induced hunting limit cycles: a comparison between the LuGre and switch friction model,” Automatica, vol. 39, no. 12, pp. 2131–2137, 2003.
- L. Xu and B. Yao, “Adaptive robust precision motion control of linear motors with negligible electrical dynamics: theory and experiments,” IEEE/ASME Transactions on Mechatronics, vol. 6, no. 4, pp. 444–452, 2001.
- G. Tao and F. L. Lewis, Adaptive Control of Nonsmooth Dynamic Systems, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 2001.
- C. Makkar, W. E. Dixon, W. G. Sawyer, and G. Hu, “A new continuously differentiable friction model for control systems design,” in Proceedings of the IEEE/ASME International Conference on Advanced Intelligent Mechatronics (AIM '05), pp. 600–605, July 2005.
- J. S. Reed and P. A. Ioannou, “Instability analysis and robust adaptive control of robotic manipulators,” IEEE Transactions on Robotics and Automation, vol. 5, no. 3, pp. 381–386, 1989.
- S. F. Alyaqout, P. Y. Papalambros, and A. G. Ulsoy, “Combined robust design and robust control of an electric DC motor,” IEEE/ASME Transactions on Mechatronics, vol. 16, no. 3, pp. 574–582, 2011.
- Z. Z. Liu, F. L. Luo, and M. A. Rahman, “Robust and precision motion control system of linear-motor direct drive for high-speed X-Y table positioning mechanism,” IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, vol. 52, no. 5, pp. 1357–1363, 2005.
- S. I. Han and J. M. Lee, “Adaptive dynamic surface control with sliding mode control and RWNN for robust positioning of a linear motion stage,” Mechatronics, vol. 22, no. 2, pp. 222–238, 2012.
- Y. Zhu and P. R. Pagilla, “Static and dynamic friction compensation in trajectory tracking control of robots,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Robotics adn Automation, pp. 2644–2649, May 2002.
- B. Armstrong-Hélouvry, P. Dupont, and C. C. De Wit, “A survey of models, analysis tools and compensation methods for the control of machines with friction,” Automatica, vol. 30, no. 7, pp. 1083–1138, 1994.
- C. Canudas de Wit, H. Olsson, K. J. Åström, and P. Lischinsky, “A new model for control of systems with friction,” IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, vol. 40, no. 3, pp. 419–425, 1995.
- W.-F. Xie, “Sliding-mode-observer-based adaptive control for servo actuator with friction,” IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, vol. 54, no. 3, pp. 1517–1527, 2007.
- J. Yao, Z. Jiao, and B. Yao, “Robust control for static loading of electro-hydraulic load simulator with friction compensation,” Chinese Journal of Aeronautics, vol. 25, no. 6, pp. 954–962, 2012.
- L. Márton and B. Lantos, “Control of mechanical systems with Stribeck friction and backlash,” Systems & Control Letters, vol. 58, no. 2, pp. 141–147, 2009.
- L. Xu and B. Yao, “Output feedback adaptive robust precision motion control of linear motors,” Automatica, vol. 37, no. 7, pp. 1029–1039, 2001.
- Y. Tan and I. Kanellakopoulos, “Adaptive nonlinear friction compensation with parametric uncertainties,” in Proceedings of the American Control Conference (ACC '99), pp. 2511–2515, June 1999.
- L. Freidovich, A. Robertsson, A. Shiriaev, and R. Johansson, “LuGre-model-based friction compensation,” IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology, vol. 18, no. 1, pp. 194–200, 2010.
- L. Lu, B. Yao, Q. Wang, and Z. Chen, “Adaptive robust control of linear motors with dynamic friction compensation using modified LuGre model,” Automatica, vol. 45, no. 12, pp. 2890–2896, 2009.
- H. Armstrong and B. louvry, Control of Machines with Friction, Kluwer Academic Publishers, Boston, Mass, USA, 1991.
- B. Yao and M. Tomizuka, “Adaptive robust control of SISO nonlinear systems in a semi-strict feedback form,” Automatica, vol. 33, no. 5, pp. 893–900, 1997.
- B. Yao, “Desired compensation adaptive robust control,” Journal of Dynamic Systems, Measurement and Control, vol. 131, no. 6, article 61001, pp. 1–7, 2009.
- C. Makkar, G. Hu, W. G. Sawyer, and W. E. Dixon, “Lyapunov-based tracking control in the presence of uncertain nonlinear parameterizable friction,” IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, vol. 52, no. 10, pp. 1988–1994, 2007.
- J. Yao, Z. Jiao, and S. Han, “Friction compensation for low velocity control of hydraulic flight motion simulator: a simple adaptive robust approach,” Chinese Journal of Aeronautics, vol. 26, no. 3, pp. 814–822, 2013.
- S. Sastry and M. Bodson, Adaptive Control: Stability, Convergence and Robustness, Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs, NJ, USA, 1989.
- J. Yao, Z. Jiao, B. Yao, Y. Shang, and W. Dong, “Nonlinear adaptive robust control of electro-hydraulic load simulator,” Chinese Journal of Aeronautics, vol. 25, no. 5, pp. 766–775, 2012.
- J. Yao, Z. Jiao, Y. Shang, and C. Huang, “Adaptive nonlinear optimal compensation control for electro-hydraulic load simulator,” Chinese Journal of Aeronautics, vol. 23, no. 6, pp. 720–733, 2010.
- J. Yao, Z. Jiao, D. Ma, and L. Yan, “High accuracy tracking control of hydraulic rotary actuators with modelling uncertainties,” IEEE/ASME Transactions on Mechatronics, 2013.
- O. G. Jepps, C. Bianca, and L. Rondoni, “Onset of diffusive behavior in confined transport systems,” Chaos, vol. 18, no. 1, Article ID 013127, p. 13, 2008.
- M. Krstic, I. Kanellakopoulos, and P. V. Kokotovic, Nonlinear and Adaptive Control Design, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 1995.