- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 842594, 6 pages
Standing Wave Solutions for the Discrete Coupled Nonlinear Schrödinger Equations with Unbounded Potentials
1School of Mathematics and Information Science, Guangzhou University, Guangzhou, Guangdong 510006, China
2Key Laboratory of Mathematics and Interdisciplinary Sciences of Guangdong Higher Education Institutes, Guangzhou University, Guangzhou, Guangdong 510006, China
Received 18 January 2013; Accepted 25 February 2013
Academic Editor: Chuangxia Huang
Copyright © 2013 Meihua Huang and Zhan Zhou. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. Belmonte-Beitia, V. M. Pérez-García, and P. J. Torres, “Solitary waves for linearly coupled nonlinear Schrödinger equations with inhomogeneous coefficients,” Journal of Nonlinear Science, vol. 19, no. 4, pp. 437–451, 2009.
- C. J. Myatt, E. A. Burt, R. W. Ghrist, E. A. Cornell, and C. E. Wieman, “Production of two overlapping Bose-Einstein condensates by sympathetic cooling,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 78, no. 4, pp. 586–589, 1997.
- R. S. MacKay and S. Aubry, “Proof of existence of breathers for time-reversible or Hamiltonian networks of weakly coupled oscillators,” Nonlinearity, vol. 7, no. 6, pp. 1623–1643, 1994.
- S. Aubry, “Breathers in nonlinear lattices: existence, linear stability and quantization,” Physica D, vol. 103, no. 1–4, pp. 201–250, 1997, Lattice dynamics (Paris, 1995).
- P. G. Kevrekidis, The Discrete Nonlinear Schrödinger Equation, Springer, 2009.
- D. E. Pelinovsky and V. M. Rothos, “Bifurcations of travelling wave solutions in the discrete NLS equations,” Physica D, vol. 202, no. 1-2, pp. 16–36, 2005.
- A. Pankov and V. Rothos, “Periodic and decaying solutions in discrete nonlinear Schrödinger with saturable nonlinearity,” Proceedings of The Royal Society of London A, vol. 464, no. 2100, pp. 3219–3236, 2008.
- H. Shi and H. Zhang, “Existence of gap solitons in a periodic discrete nonlinear Schrödinger equations,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 371, no. 1, pp. 254–265, 2010.
- G. Zhang and F. Liu, “Existence of breather solutions of the DNLS equations with unbounded potentials,” Nonlinear Analysis. Theory, Methods & Applications A, vol. 71, no. 12, pp. e786–e792, 2009.
- Z. Zhou and J. Yu, “On the existence of homoclinic solutions of a class of discrete nonlinear periodic systems,” Journal of Differential Equations, vol. 249, no. 5, pp. 1199–1212, 2010.
- Z. Zhou, J. Yu, and Y. Chen, “On the existence of gap solitons in a periodic discrete nonlinear Schrödinger equation with saturable nonlinearity,” Nonlinearity, vol. 23, no. 7, pp. 1727–1740, 2010.
- L. Liu, W. Yan, and X. Zhao, “The existence of standing wave for the discrete coupled nonlinear Schrödinger lattice,” Physics Letters A, vol. 374, no. 15-16, pp. 1690–1693, 2010.