- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 845146, 9 pages
Best Polynomial Approximation in -Norm and -Growth of Entire Functions
1Department of Mathematics, University Mohammed V-Agdal, 4 Avenue Ibn Battouta,
BP 1014 RP, Rabat, Morocco
2Laboratory of Mathematics, Cryptography and Mechanical, F.S.T., University Hassan II Mohammedia, BP 146, 20650 Mohammedia, Morocco
Received 7 March 2012; Revised 16 December 2012; Accepted 16 December 2012
Academic Editor: Natig M. Atakishiyev
Copyright © 2013 Mohamed El Kadiri and Mohammed Harfaoui. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. P. Boas, Entire Functions, Academic Press, New York, NY, USA, 1954.
- S. K. Bajpai, O. P. Juneja, and G. P. Kapoor, “On the -order and lower -order of an entire function,” Journal für die Reine und Angewandte Mathematik, vol. 282, pp. 53–67, 1976.
- S. N. Bernstein, Lessons on the Properties and Extremal Best Approximation of Analytic Functions of One Real Variable, Gautier-Villars, Paris, Farnce, 1926.
- A. R. Reddy, “Approximation of an entire function,” Journal of Approximation Theory, vol. 3, pp. 128–137, 1970.
- A. R. Reddy, “Best polynomial approximation to certain entire functions,” Journal of Approximation Theory, vol. 5, pp. 97–112, 1972.
- T. Winiarski, “Approximation and Interpolation of entire functions,” Annales Polonici Mathematici, vol. 23, pp. 259–273, 1970.
- M. Harfaoui, “Generalized order and best approximation of entire function in -norm,” International Journal of Mathematics and Mathematical Sciences, vol. 2010, Article ID 360180, 15 pages, 2010.
- A. Zeriahi, “Families of almost everywhere bounded polynomials,” Bulletin des Sciences Mathématiques, vol. 107, no. 1, pp. 81–91, 1983.
- J. Siciak, “On some extremal functions and their applications in the theory of analytic functions of several complex variables,” Transactions of the American Mathematical Society, vol. 105, pp. 322–357, 1962.
- J. Siciak, “Extremal plurisubharmonic functions in ,” in Proceedings of the First Finnish-Polish Summer School in Complex Analysis, pp. 115–152, University of Lodz, Lodz, Poland, 1977.
- A. Zeriahi, “Best increasing polynomial approximation of entire functions on affine algebraic varieties,” Annales de l'Institut Fourier, vol. 37, no. 2, pp. 79–104, 1987.
- E. Bedford and B. A. Taylor, “A new capacity for plurisubharmonic functions,” Acta Mathematica, vol. 149, no. 1-2, pp. 1–40, 1982.
- T. V. Nguyen, “Growth and best polynomial approximation of entire functions of several variables,” Annales Polonici Mathematici, vol. 24, pp. 325–333, 1982.
- D. Kumar, “Generalized growth and best approximation of entire functions in -norm in several complex variables,” Annali dell'Universitá di Ferrara VII, vol. 57, no. 2, pp. 353–372, 2011.