- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 845459, 8 pages
A Prediction-Correction Dynamic Method for Large-Scale Generalized Eigenvalue Problems
School of Information and Communication Engineering, Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications, P.O. Box 101, Beijing 100876, China
Received 12 May 2013; Revised 18 July 2013; Accepted 1 August 2013
Academic Editor: Chang-Hua Lien
Copyright © 2013 Xin-long Luo et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- T. Auckenthaler, T. Auckenthaler, H.-J. Bungartz, et al., “Parallel solution of partial symmetric eigenvalue problems from electronic structure calculations,” Parallel Computing, vol. 37, no. 11, pp. 783–794, 2011.
- Y. Saad, Numerical Methods for Large Eigenvalue Problems, Algorithms and Architectures for Advanced Scientific Computing, Manchester University Press, Manchester, England, 1992.
- G. H. Golub and L.-Z. Liao, “Continuous methods for extreme and interior eigenvalue problems,” Linear Algebra and its Applications, vol. 415, no. 1, pp. 31–51, 2006.
- X.-B. Gao, G. H. Golub, and L.-Z. Liao, “Continuous methods for symmetric generalized eigenvalue problems,” Linear Algebra and its Applications, vol. 428, no. 2-3, pp. 676–696, 2008.
- U. Helmke and J. B. Moore, Optimization and Dynamical Systems, Springer, 2nd edition, 1996.
- R. Mahony and P.-A. Absil, “The continuous-time Rayleigh quotient flow on the sphere,” Linear Algebra and its Applications, vol. 368, pp. 343–357, 2003.
- C. W. Gear, Numerical Initial Value Problems in Ordinary Differential Equations, Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs, NJ, USA, 1971.
- B. He, X. Yuan, and J. J. Z. Zhang, “Comparison of two kinds of prediction-correction methods for monotone variational inequalities,” Computational Optimization and Applications, vol. 27, no. 3, pp. 247–267, 2004.
- B. He and X. Yuan, “On the convergence rate of the Douglas-Rachford alternating direction method,” SIAM Journal on Numerical Analysis, vol. 50, no. 2, pp. 700–709, 2012.
- J. Nocedal and S. J. Wright, Numerical Optimization, Springer Series in Operations Research, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 1999.
- U. M. Ascher and L. R. Petzold, Computer Methods for Ordinary Differential Equations and Differential-Algebraic Equations, Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics, Philadelphia, Pa, USA, 1998.
- L. F. Shampine and M. W. Reichelt, “The Matlab ODE suite,” SIAM Journal on Scientific Computing, vol. 18, no. 1, pp. 1–22, 1997.
- S.-T. Liu and X.-L. Luo, “A method based on Rayleigh quotient gradient flow for extreme and interior eigenvalue problems,” Linear Algebra and its Applications, vol. 432, no. 7, pp. 1851–1863, 2010.
- M. K. Ng, F. Wang, and X. Yuan, “Inexact alternating direction methods for image recovery,” SIAM Journal on Scientific Computing, vol. 33, no. 4, pp. 1643–1668, 2011.
- C. T. Kelley, L.-Z. Liao, L. Qi, M. T. Chu, J. P. Reese, and C. Winton, “Projected pseudotransient continuation,” SIAM Journal on Numerical Analysis, vol. 46, no. 6, pp. 3071–3083, 2008.
- X. L. Luo, “A dynamical method of DAEs for the smallest eigenvalue problem,” Journal of Computational Science, vol. 3, no. 3, pp. 113–119, 2012.
- B. N. Parlett, The Symmetric Eigenvalue Problem, Classics in Applied Mathematics, Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics, Philadelphia, Pa, USA, 1998, Corrected reprint of the 1980 original.
- MATLAB R2009a, http://www.mathworks.com.
- D. R. Fokkema, G. L. G. Sleijpen, and H. A. Van der Vorst, “Jacobi-Davidson style QR and QZ algorithms for the reduction of matrix pencils,” SIAM Journal on Scientific Computing, vol. 20, no. 1, pp. 94–125, 1998.
- T. Zhang, K. H. Law, and G. H. Golub, “On the homotopy method for perturbed symmetric generalized eigenvalue problems,” SIAM Journal on Scientific Computing, vol. 19, no. 5, pp. 1625–1645, 1998.
- Matrix Market, http://math.nist.gov/MatrixMarket.
- X.-l. Luo, “A second-order pseudo-transient method for steady-state problems,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 216, no. 6, pp. 1752–1762, 2010.