- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 851476, 7 pages
On the Cauchy Problem for a Class of Weakly Dissipative One-Dimensional Shallow Water Equations
Department of Mathematics, Zhejiang Normal University, Jinhua 321004, China
Received 21 June 2013; Accepted 22 August 2013
Academic Editor: Sining Zheng
Copyright © 2013 Jingjing Xu and Zaihong Jiang. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Z. Jiang and S. Hakkaev, “Wave breaking and propagation speed for a class of one-dimensional shallow water equations,” Abstract and Applied Analysis, vol. 2011, Article ID 647368, 15 pages, 2011.
- L. Ni and Y. Zhou, “Wave breaking and propagation speed for a class of nonlocal dispersive -equations,” Nonlinear Analysis: Real World Applications, vol. 12, no. 1, pp. 592–600, 2011.
- R. Camassa and D. D. Holm, “An integrable shallow water equation with peaked solitons,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 71, no. 11, pp. 1661–1664, 1993.
- B. Fuchssteiner and A. S. Fokas, “Symplectic structures, their Bäcklund transformations and hereditary symmetries,” Physica D, vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 47–66, 1981-1982.
- A. Constantin and J. Escher, “Well-posedness, global existence, and blowup phenomena for a periodic quasi-linear hyperbolic equation,” Communications on Pure and Applied Mathematics, vol. 51, no. 5, pp. 475–504, 1998.
- Y. A. Li and P. J. Olver, “Well-posedness and blow-up solutions for an integrable nonlinearly dispersive model wave equation,” Journal of Differential Equations, vol. 162, no. 1, pp. 27–63, 2000.
- H. P. McKean, “Breakdown of a shallow water equation,” The Asian Journal of Mathematics, vol. 2, no. 4, pp. 867–874, 1998.
- Z. Jiang, L. Ni, and Y. Zhou, “Wave breaking of the Camassa-Holm equation,” Journal of Nonlinear Science, vol. 22, no. 2, pp. 235–245, 2012.
- A. Constantin and W. A. Strauss, “Stability of peakons,” Communications on Pure and Applied Mathematics, vol. 53, no. 5, pp. 603–610, 2000.
- Y. Zhou, “Stability of solitary waves for a rod equation,” Chaos, Solitons and Fractals, vol. 21, no. 4, pp. 977–981, 2004.
- A. A. Himonas, G. Misiołek, G. Ponce, and Y. Zhou, “Persistence properties and unique continuation of solutions of the Camassa-Holm equation,” Communications in Mathematical Physics, vol. 271, no. 2, pp. 511–522, 2007.
- A. Degasperis and M. Procesi, “Asymptotic integrability,” in Symmetry and Perturbation Theory, A. Degasperis and G. Gaeta, Eds., pp. 23–37, World Scientific, Singapore, 1999.
- D. D. Holm and M. F. Staley, “Nonlinear balance and exchange of stability of dynamics of solitons, peakons, ramps/cliffs and leftons in a nonlinear evolutionary PDE,” Physics Letters. A, vol. 308, no. 5-6, pp. 437–444, 2003.
- Y. Zhou, “Blow-up phenomenon for the integrable Degasperis-Procesi equation,” Physics Letters A, vol. 328, no. 2-3, pp. 157–162, 2004.
- Y. Zhou, “On solutions to the Holm-Staley -family of equations,” Nonlinearity, vol. 23, no. 2, pp. 369–381, 2010.
- Z. Guo, “Blow up, global existence, and infinite propagation speed for the weakly dissipative Camassa-Holm equation,” Journal of Mathematical Physics, vol. 49, no. 3, Article ID 033516, 2008.
- Z. Guo, “Some properties of solutions to the weakly dissipative Degasperis-Procesi equation,” Journal of Differential Equations, vol. 246, no. 11, pp. 4332–4344, 2009.
- W. Niu and S. Zhang, “Blow-up phenomena and global existence for the nonuniform weakly dissipative -equation,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 374, no. 1, pp. 166–177, 2011.
- M. Zhu and Z. Jiang, “Some properties of solutions to the weakly dissipative -family equation,” Nonlinear Analysis: Real World Applications, vol. 13, no. 1, pp. 158–167, 2012.