- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 870904, 12 pages
Improved Switching Strategy for Selective Harmonic Elimination in DC-AC Signal Generation via Pulse-Width Modulation
1Departament of Applied Mathematics III, Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya (UPC), Avenue Bases de Manresa 61-73, 08242 Manresa, Barcelona, Spain
2Department of Electronic Systems Design and Programming, Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya (UPC), Avenue Bases de Manresa 61-73, 08242 Manresa, Barcelona, Spain
3Department of Engineering, Faculty of Engineering and Science, University of Agder (UiA), Grimstad 4898, Norway
Received 15 June 2013; Accepted 13 August 2013
Academic Editor: Sundarapandian Vaidyanathan
Copyright © 2013 Francisco Palacios-Quiñonero et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- B. K. Bose, Modern Power Electronics: Evolution, Technology and Applications, IEEE Press, New York, NY, USA, 1992.
- D. G. Holmes and T. A. Lipo, Pulse Width Modulation for Power Converters: Principles and Practice, John Wiley, Hoboken, NJ, USA, 2003.
- M. H. Rashid, Power Electronics Handbook, Academic Press, San Diego, Calif, USA, 2001.
- P. N. Enjeti, P. D. Ziogas, and J. F. Lindsay, “Programmed PWM techniques to eliminate harmonics: a critical evaluation,” IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, vol. 26, no. 2, pp. 302–316, 1990.
- J. Holtz, “Pulsewidth modulation—a survey,” IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, vol. 39, no. 5, pp. 410–420, 1992.
- H. S. Patel and R. G. Hoft, “Generalized techniques of harmonic elimination and voltage control in thyristor inverters, part I: harmonic elimination,” IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, vol. IA-9, no. 3, pp. 310–317, 1973.
- H. S. Patel and R. G. Hoft, “Generalized techniques of harmonic elimination and voltage control in thyristor inverters, part II: voltage control techniques,” IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, vol. IA-10, no. 5, pp. 666–673, 1974.
- W. Zhang, W. Chen, Q. Zhang, and L. Zhang, “Analyzing of voltage-source selective harmonic elimination inverter,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Mechatronics and Automation (ICMA '11), pp. 1888–1892, August 2011.
- J. N. Chiasson, L. M. Tolbert, K. J. McKenzie, and Z. Du, “A complete solution to the harmonic elimination problem,” IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, vol. 19, no. 2, pp. 491–499, 2004.
- D. Czarkowski, D. V. Chudnovsky, and I. W. Selesnick, “Solving the optimal PWM problem for single-phase inverters,” IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems I, vol. 49, no. 4, pp. 465–475, 2002.
- I. Quesada, C. Martinez, C. Raga et al., “Feasible solutions space for the harmonic cancellation technique,” in Proceedings of the 7th International Conference-Workshop Compatibility and Power Electronics (CPE '11), pp. 258–263, June 2011.
- Z. Salam, “An on-line harmonic elimination pulse width modulation scheme for voltage source inverter,” Journal of Power Electronics, vol. 10, no. 1, pp. 43–50, 2010.
- E. Butun, T. Erfidan, and S. Urgun, “Improved power factor in a low-cost PWM single phase inverter using genetic algorithms,” Energy Conversion and Management, vol. 47, no. 11-12, pp. 1597–1609, 2006.
- M. S. A. Dahidah, V. G. Agelidis, and M. V. Rao, “Hybrid genetic algorithm approach for selective harmonic control,” Energy Conversion and Management, vol. 49, no. 2, pp. 131–142, 2008.
- R. N. Ray, D. Chatterjee, and S. K. Goswami, “An application of PSO technique for harmonic elimination in a PWM inverter,” Applied Soft Computing Journal, vol. 9, no. 4, pp. 1315–1320, 2009.
- Z. Salam and N. Bahari, “Selective harmonics elimination PWM (SHE-PWM) using differential evolution approach,” in Proceedings of the Joint International Conference on Power Electronics, Drives and Energy Systems (PEDES '10) and 2010 Power India, pp. 1–5, New Delhi, India, December 2010.
- K. Sundareswaran, K. Jayant, and T. N. Shanavas, “Inverter harmonic elimination through a colony of continuously exploring ants,” IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, vol. 54, no. 5, pp. 2558–2565, 2007.
- J. L. Walsh, “A closed set of normal orthogonal functions,” American Journal of Mathematics, vol. 45, no. 1, pp. 5–24, 1923.
- K. G. Beauchamp, Walsh Functions and Their Applications, Academic Press, London, UK, 1975.
- T. J. Rivlin, E. B. Saff, and J. L. Walsh, Selected Papers, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 2000.
- K. H. Siemens and R. Kitai, “A nonrecursive equation for the Fourier transform of a Walsh function,” IEEE Transactions on Electromagnetic Compatibility, vol. 15, no. 2, pp. 81–83, 1973.
- B. D. Chen and Y. Y. Sun, “Waveform synthesis via inverse Walsh transform,” International Journal of Electronics, vol. 48, no. 3, pp. 243–256, 1980.
- J. A. Asumadu and R. G. Hoft, “Microprocessor-based sinusoidal waveform synthesis using Walsh and related orthogonal functions,” IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, vol. 4, pp. 234–241, 1989.
- T. J. Liang and R. G. Hoft, “Walsh function method of harmonic elimination,” in Proceedings of the 8th Annual Conference and Exposition in Applied Power Electronics (APEC'93), pp. 847–853, March 1993.
- F. Swift and A. Kamberis, “A new Walsh domain technique of harmonic elimination and voltage control in pulse-width modulated inverters,” IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, vol. 8, no. 2, pp. 170–185, 1993.
- T. Liang, R. M. O'Connell, and R. G. Hoft, “Inverter harmonic reduction using Walsh function harmonic elimination method,” IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, vol. 12, no. 6, pp. 971–982, 1997.
- J. Vicente, R. Pindado, and I. Martinez, “Selection criteria for the switching intervals in DC-AC converters for harmonic reduction using the Walsh transform,” in Proceedings of the 10th IEEE International Power Electronics and Motion Control Conference (EPE-PMEC '02), September 2002.
- J. Vicente, R. Pindado, and I. Martinez, “Algorithm optimization for PWM signal generation with selective harmonic elimination using the Walsh transform,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Renewable Energy and Power Quality (ICREPQ '03), Vigo, Spain, April 2003.
- J. Vicente, R. Pindado, I. Martinez, and J. Pou, “A new efficient algorithm for DC-AC PWM waveform generation with full fundamental regulation on a single linear equation set,” in Proceedings of the 29th Annual Conference of the IEEE Industrial Electronics Society (IECON '03), vol. 2, pp. 1835–1839, November 2003.
- J. Vicente, R. Pindado, and I. Martinez, “Design guidelines using selective harmonic elimination advanced method for DC-AC PWM with the Walsh transform,” in Proceedings of the 7th International Conference-Workshop Compatibility and Power Electronics (CPE '11), pp. 220–225, June 2011.
- S. B. A. Khalid, G. Aliyu, M. W. Mustafa, and H. Shareef, “An improved Walsh function algorithm for use in sinusoidal and nonsinusoidal power components measurement,” Journal of Energy, vol. 2013, Article ID 807639, 10 pages, 2013.