- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 891249, 8 pages
On the Geometry of the Unit Ball of a -Triple
Department of Mathematics, College of Science, King Saud University, P.O. Box 2455, Riyadh 11451, Saudi Arabia
Received 14 February 2013; Revised 5 May 2013; Accepted 8 May 2013
Academic Editor: Ngai-Ching Wong
Copyright © 2013 Haifa M. Tahlawi et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- L. G. Brown and G. K. Pedersen, “On the geometry of the unit ball of a -algebra,” Journal für die Reine und Angewandte Mathematik, vol. 469, pp. 113–147, 1995.
- L. G. Brown and G. K. Pedersen, “Approximation and convex decomposition by extremals in a -algebra,” Mathematica Scandinavica, vol. 81, no. 1, pp. 69–85, 1997.
- H. Upmeier, Symmetric Banach manifolds and Jordan C*-algebras, vol. 104 of North-Holland Mathematics Studies, North-Holland Publishing, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 1985.
- H. M. Tahlawi and A. A. Siddiqui, “Analogue of Brown-Pedersen' quasi invertibility for -triples,” International Journal of Mathematical Analysis, vol. 5, no. 30, pp. 1469–1476, 2011.
- H. M. Tahlawi and A. A. Siddiqui, “On non-degenerate Jordan triple systems,” International Journal of Algebra, vol. 5, no. 21-24, pp. 1099–1105, 2011.
- J. D. M. Wright and M. A. Youngson, “A Russo-Dye theorem for Jordan -algebras,” in Functional Analysis: Surveys and Recent Results, vol. 27 of Mathematical Studies, pp. 279–282, North-Holland, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 1977.
- A. A. Siddiqui, “A proof of the Russo-Dye theorem for -algebras,” New York Journal of Mathematics, vol. 16, pp. 53–60, 2010.
- W. Kaup, “A Riemann mapping theorem for bounded symmetric domains in complex Banach spaces,” Mathematische Zeitschrift, vol. 183, no. 4, pp. 503–529, 1983.
- M. Burgos, F. J. Fernández-Polo, J. J. Garcés, and A. M. Peralta, “Orthogonality preservers revisited,” Asian-European Journal of Mathematics, vol. 2, no. 3, pp. 387–405, 2009.
- W. Kaup, “On Grassmannians associated with -triples,” Mathematische Zeitschrift, vol. 236, no. 3, pp. 567–584, 2001.
- W. Kaup, “On spectral and singular values in -triples,” Proceedings of the Royal Irish Academy. Section A, vol. 96, no. 1, pp. 95–103, 1996.
- O. Loos, Jordan Pairs, Lecture Notes in Mathematics, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 1975.
- K. Meyberg, “von Neumann regularity in Jordan triple systems,” Archiv der Mathematik, vol. 23, pp. 589–593, 1972.
- W. Kaup, “On the CR-structure of certain linear group orbits in infinite dimensions,” Annali della Scuola Normale Superiore di Pisa. Classe di Scienze. Serie V, vol. 3, no. 3, pp. 535–554, 2004.
- A. Fernández López, E. García Rus, E. Sánchez Campos, and M. Siles Molina, “Strong regularity and generalized inverses in Jordan systems,” Communications in Algebra, vol. 20, no. 7, pp. 1917–1936, 1992.
- L. J. Bunce, C. H. Chu, and B. Zalar, “Structure spaces and decomposition in -triples,” Mathematica Scandinavica, vol. 86, no. 1, pp. 17–35, 2000.
- C. M. Edwards and G. T. Rüttimann, “Compact tripotents in bi-dual -triples,” Mathematical Proceedings of the Cambridge Philosophical Society, vol. 120, no. 1, pp. 155–173, 1996.
- L. L. Stachó, “On the spectrum of inner derivations in partial Jordan triples,” Mathematica Scandinavica, vol. 66, no. 2, pp. 242–248, 1990.
- M. Burgos, E. A. Kaidi, A. M. Campoy, A. M. Peralta, and M. Ramírez, “Von Neumann regularity and quadratic conorms in -triples and -algebras,” Acta Mathematica Sinica, vol. 24, no. 2, pp. 185–200, 2008.
- A. A. Siddiqui, “Average of two extreme points in -triples,” Japan Academy. Proceedings. Series A, vol. 83, no. 9-10, pp. 176–178, 2007.
- M. A. Rakha, “On the Moore-Penrose generalized inverse matrix,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 158, no. 1, pp. 185–200, 2004.
- A. A. Siddiqui, “-algebras of topological stable rank 1,” International Journal of Mathematics and Mathematical Sciences, Article ID 37186, 24 pages, 2007.
- W. Kaup and H. Upmeier, “Jordan algebras and symmetric Siegel domains in Banach spaces,” Mathematische Zeitschrift, vol. 157, no. 2, pp. 179–200, 1977.
- A. A. Siddiqui, “Self-adjointness in unitary isotopes of -algebras,” Archiv der Mathematik, vol. 87, no. 4, pp. 350–358, 2006.
- J. M. Isidro, “A glimpse at the theory of Jordan-Banach triple systems,” Revista Matemática de la Universidad Complutense de Madrid, vol. 2, pp. 145–156, 1989.
- A. A. Siddiqui, “Convex combinations of unitaries in -algebras,” New York Journal of Mathematics, vol. 17, pp. 127–137, 2011.
- M. Rørdam, “Advances in the theory of unitary rank and regular approximation,” Annals of Mathematics, vol. 128, no. 1, pp. 153–172, 1988.
- A. A. Siddiqui, “The -function in -algebras,” New York Journal of Mathematics, vol. 17, pp. 139–147, 2011.