- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 903625, 9 pages
Existence and Decay Estimate of Global Solutions to Systems of Nonlinear Wave Equations with Damping and Source Terms
Department of Mathematics and Information Science, Zhejiang University of Science and Technology, Hangzhou 310023, China
Received 30 April 2013; Revised 1 September 2013; Accepted 2 September 2013
Academic Editor: T. Raja Sekhar
Copyright © 2013 Yaojun Ye. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- L. A. Medeiros and M. M. Miranda, “Weak solutions for a system of nonlinear Klein-Gordon equations,” Annali di Matematica Pura ed Applicata, vol. 146, pp. 173–183, 1987.
- M. M. Cavalcanti, V. N. D. Cavalcanti, J. S. P. Filho, and J. A. Soriano, “Existence and uniform decay of solutions of a parabolic-hyperbolic equation with nonlinear boundary damping and boundary source term,” Communications in Analysis and Geometry, vol. 10, no. 3, pp. 451–466, 2002.
- M. M. Cavalcanti, V. N. Domingos Cavalcanti, and P. Martinez, “Existence and decay rate estimates for the wave equation with nonlinear boundary damping and source term,” Journal of Differential Equations, vol. 203, no. 1, pp. 119–158, 2004.
- M. M. Cavalcanti and V. N. Domingos Cavalcanti, “Existence and asymptotic stability for evolution problems on manifolds with damping and source terms,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 291, no. 1, pp. 109–127, 2004.
- K. Agre and M. A. Rammaha, “Systems of nonlinear wave equations with damping and source terms,” Differential and Integral Equations, vol. 19, no. 11, pp. 1235–1270, 2006.
- C. O. Alves, M. M. Cavalcanti, V. N. Domingos Cavalcanti, M. A. Rammaha, and D. Toundykov, “On existence, uniform decay rates and blow up for solutions of systems of nonlinear wave equations with damping and source terms,” Discrete and Continuous Dynamical Systems, vol. 2, no. 3, pp. 583–608, 2009.
- M. A. Rammaha and Z. Wilstein, “Hadamard well-posedness for wave equations with -Laplacian damping and supercritical sources,” Advances in Differential Equations, vol. 17, no. 1-2, pp. 105–150, 2012.
- Z. Yang, “Existence and asymptotic behaviour of solutions for a class of quasi-linear evolution equations with non-linear damping and source terms,” Mathematical Methods in the Applied Sciences, vol. 25, no. 10, pp. 795–814, 2002.
- K. Ono, “Blow up phenomenon for nonlinear dissipative wave equatins,” Journal of Mathematics, Tokushima University, vol. 30, pp. 19–43, 1996.
- F. Dell'Oro and V. Pata, “Long-term analysis of strongly damped nonlinear wave equations,” Nonlinearity, vol. 24, no. 12, pp. 3413–3435, 2011.
- T. F. Ma and J. A. Soriano, “On weak solutions for an evolution equation with exponential nonlinearities,” Nonlinear Analysis, vol. 37, no. 8, Ser. A: Theory Methods, pp. 1029–1038, 1999.
- M. A. Rammaha, “The influence of damping and source terms on solutions of nonlinear wave equations,” Boletim da Sociedade Paranaense de Matemática, vol. 25, no. 1-2, pp. 77–90, 2007.
- C. O. Alves and M. M. Cavalcanti, “On existence, uniform decay rates and blow up for solutions of the 2-D wave equation with exponential source,” Calculus of Variations and Partial Differential Equations, vol. 34, no. 3, pp. 377–411, 2009.
- L. Bociu, M. Rammaha, and D. Toundykov, “On a wave equation with supercritical interior and boundary sources and damping terms,” Mathematische Nachrichten, vol. 284, no. 16, pp. 2032–2064, 2011.
- D. H. Sattinger, “On global solution of nonlinear hyperbolic equations,” Archive for Rational Mechanics and Analysis, vol. 30, pp. 148–172, 1968.
- L. E. Payne and D. H. Sattinger, “Saddle points and instability of nonlinear hyperbolic equations,” Israel Journal of Mathematics, vol. 22, no. 3-4, pp. 273–303, 1975.
- M. Nakao, “A difference inequality and its application to nonlinear evolution equations,” Journal of the Mathematical Society of Japan, vol. 30, no. 4, pp. 747–762, 1978.
- E. Piskin and N. Polat, “Global existence, decay and blow-up solutions for coupled nonlinear wave equations with damping and source terms,” Turkish Journal of Mathematics, vol. 30, pp. 1–19, 2013.