- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 927873, 15 pages
Null Field and Interior Field Methods for Laplace’s Equation in Actually Punctured Disks
1Department of Applied Mathematics, I-Shou University, Kaohsiung 84001, Taiwan
2Department of Leisure and Recreation Management, Ph.D. Program in Engineering Science, Chung Hua University, Hsinchu 30012, Taiwan
3Department of Applied Mathematics, National Sun Yat-sen University, Kaohsiung 80424, Taiwan
4Department of Computer Science and Engineering, National Sun Yat-sen University, Kaohsiung 80424, Taiwan
Received 18 May 2013; Revised 26 August 2013; Accepted 29 August 2013
Academic Editor: Rodrigo Lopez Pouso
Copyright © 2013 Hung-Tsai Huang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. R. Barone and D. A. Caulk, “Special boundary integral equations for approximate solution of Laplace's equation in two-dimensional regions with circular holes,” The Quarterly Journal of Mechanics and Applied Mathematics, vol. 34, no. 3, pp. 265–286, 1981.
- M. R. Barone and D. A. Caulk, “Special boundary integral equations for approximate solution of potential problems in three-dimensional regions with slender cavities of circular cross-section,” IMA Journal of Applied Mathematics, vol. 35, no. 3, pp. 311–325, 1985.
- D. A. Caulk, “Analysis of steady heat conduction in regions with circular holes by a special boundary-integral method,” IMA Journal of Applied Mathematics, vol. 30, pp. 231–246, 1983.
- M. D. Bird and C. R. Steele, “A solution procedure for Laplace’s equation on multiply connected circular domains,” Journal of Applied Mechanics, vol. 59, pp. 398–3404, 1992.
- Z. C. Li, Combined Methods for Elliptic Equations with Singularities, Interfaces and Infinities, Kluwer Academic Publishers, Boston, Mass, USA, 1998.
- Z.-C. Li, T.-T. Lu, H.-Y. Hu, and A. H.-D. Cheng, Trefftz and Collocation Methods, WIT Press, Boston, Mass, USA, 2008.
- W. T. Ang and I. Kang, “A complex variable boundary element method for elliptic partial differential equations in a multiple-connected region,” International Journal of Computer Mathematics, vol. 75, no. 4, pp. 515–525, 2000.
- J. T. Chen, S. R. Kuo, and J. H. Lin, “Analytical study and numerical experiments for degenerate scale problems in the boundary element method for two-dimensional elasticity,” International Journal for Numerical Methods in Engineering, vol. 54, no. 12, pp. 1669–1681, 2002.
- J. T. Chen, C. F. Lee, J. L. Chen, and J. H. Lin, “An alternative method for degenerate scale problem in boundary element methods for two-dimensional Laplace equation,” Engineering Analysis with Boundary Elements, vol. 26, pp. 559–569, 2002.
- J.-T. Chen and W.-C. Shen, “Degenerate scale for multiply connected Laplace problems,” Mechanics Research Communications, vol. 34, no. 1, pp. 69–77, 2007.
- J.-T. Chen and W.-C. Shen, “Null-field approach for Laplace problems with circular boundaries using degenerate kernels,” Numerical Methods for Partial Differential Equations, vol. 25, no. 1, pp. 63–86, 2009.
- J. T. Chen, H. C. Shieh, Y. T. Lee, and J. W. Lee, “Bipolar coordinates, image method and the method of fundamental solutions for Green's functions of Laplace problems containing circular boundaries,” Engineering Analysis with Boundary Elements, vol. 35, no. 2, pp. 236–243, 2011.
- J. T. Chen, C. S. Wu, and K. H. Chen, “A study of free terms for plate problems in the dual boundary integral equations,” Engineering Analysis with Boundary Elements, vol. 29, pp. 435–446, 2005.
- S. R. Kuo, J. T. Chen, and S. K. Kao, “Linkage between the unit logarithmic capacity in the theory of complex variables and the degenerate scale in the BEM/BIEMs,” Applied Mathematics Letters, vol. 29, pp. 929–938, 2013.
- M.-G. Lee, Z.-C. Li, H.-T. Huang, and J. Y. Chiang, “Conservative schemes and degenerate scale problems in the null-field method for Dirichlet problems of Laplace's equation in circular domains with circular holes,” Engineering Analysis with Boundary Elements, vol. 37, no. 1, pp. 95–106, 2013.
- M.-G. Lee, Z.-C. Li, L. P. Zhang, H.-T. Huang, and J. Y. Chiang, “Algorithm singularity of the null-field method for Dirichlet problems of Laplace’s equation in annular and circular domains,” submitted to. Engineering Analysis with Boundary Elements.
- Z.-C. Li, H.-T. Huang, C.-P. Liaw, and M.-G. Lee, “The null-field method of Dirichlet problems of Laplace's equation on circular domains with circular holes,” Engineering Analysis with Boundary Elements, vol. 36, no. 3, pp. 477–491, 2012.
- V. D. Kupradze and M. A. Aleksidze, “The method of functional equations for the approximate solution of certain boundary-value problems,” USSR Computational Mathematics and Mathematical Physics, vol. 4, pp. 82–126, 1964.
- G. Fairweather and A. Karageorghis, “The method of fundamental solutions for elliptic boundary value problems,” Advances in Computational Mathematics, vol. 9, no. 1-2, pp. 69–95, 1998.
- C. S. Chen, Y. C. Hon, and R. A. Schaback, Scientific computing with radial basis functions [Ph.D. thesis], Department of Mathematics, University of Southern Mississippi, Hattiesburg, Miss, USA, 2005.
- Z.-C. Li, H.-T. Huang, M.-G. Lee, and J. Y. Chiang, “Error analysis of the method of fundamental solutions for linear elastostatics,” Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, vol. 251, pp. 133–153, 2013.
- Z.-C. Li, J. Huang, and H.-T. Huang, “Stability analysis of method of fundamental solutions for mixed boundary value problems of Laplace's equation,” Computing, vol. 88, no. 1-2, pp. 1–29, 2010.
- T. Wriedt, “Review of the null-field method with discrete source,” Journal of Quantitative Spectroscopy and Radiative Transfer, vol. 106, pp. 534–545, 2007.
- A. Doicu and T. Wried, “Calculation of the T matrix in the null-field method with discret sources,” The Journal of the Optical Society of America, vol. 16, pp. 2539–2544, 1999.
- J. Hellmers, V. Schmidt, and T. Wriedt, “Improving the numerical instability of T-matrix light scattering calculations for extreme articles shapes using the nullfield method with discrete sources,” Journal of Quantitative Spectroscopy and Radiative Transfer, vol. 112, pp. 1679–1686, 2011.
- D. Palaniappan, “Electrostatics of two intersecting conducting cylinders,” Mathematical and Computer Modelling, vol. 36, no. 7-8, pp. 821–830, 2002.
- M. Abramowitz and I. A. Stegun, Handbook of Mathematical Functions with Formulas, Graphs and Mathematical Tables, Dover Publications, New York, NY, USA, 1964.
- K. E. Atkinson, A Survey of Numerical Methods for the Solutions of Fredholm Integral Equations of the Second Kind, Cambridge University Press, 1997.
- G. C. Hsiao and W. L. Wendland, Boundary Integral Equations, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 2008.
- C. B. Liem, T. Lü, and T. M. Shih, The Splitting Extrapolation Method, World Scientific, Singapore, 1995.
- H.-O. Kreiss and J. Oliger, “Stability of the Fourier method,” SIAM Journal on Numerical Analysis, vol. 16, no. 3, pp. 421–433, 1979.
- J. E. Pasciak, “Spectral and pseudospectral methods for advection equations,” Mathematics of Computation, vol. 35, no. 152, pp. 1081–1092, 1980.
- C. Canuto and A. Quarteroni, “Approximation results for orthogonal polynomials in Sobolev spaces,” Mathematics of Computation, vol. 38, no. 157, pp. 67–86, 1982.
- C. Canuto, M. Y. Hussaini, A. Quarteroni, and T. A. Zang, Spectral Methods, Fundamentals in Single Domains, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 2006.
- Z.-C. Li, H.-T. Huang, Y. Wei, and A. H.-D. Cheng, Effective Condition Number for Numerical Partial Differential Equations, Science Press, Beijing, China, 2013.