- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 931643, 3 pages
A Note on the Semi-Inverse Method and a Variational Principle for the Generalized KdV-mKdV Equation
1Department of Mathematics, Kunming University, 2 Puxin Road, Kunming, Yunnan 650214, China
2Institute of Nonlinear Analysis, Kunming University, 2 Puxin Road, Kunming, Yunnan 650214, China
Received 1 January 2013; Revised 5 January 2013; Accepted 27 January 2013
Copyright © 2013 Li Yao et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J.-H. He, “Asymptotic methods for solitary solutions and compactons,” Abstract and Applied Analysis, vol. 2012, Article ID 916793, 130 pages, 2012.
- J.-H. He, “An elementary introduction to recently developed asymptotic methods and nanomechanics in textile engineering,” International Journal of Modern Physics B, vol. 22, pp. 3487–3578, 2008.
- J.-H. He, “Some asymptotic methods for strongly nonlinear equations,” International Journal of Modern Physics B, vol. 20, no. 10, pp. 1141–1199, 2006.
- J.-H. He, “Variational principles for some nonlinear partial differential equations with variable coefficients,” Chaos, Solitons & Fractals, vol. 19, no. 4, pp. 847–851, 2004.
- L. Yao, “How to discover a variational principle for a damped vibration problem,” International Journal of Nonlinear Sciences and Numerical Simulation, vol. 11, pp. 171–173, 2010.
- G.-C. Wu, “Laplace transform overcoming principle drawbacks in application of the variational iteration method to fractional heat equations,” Thermal Science, vol. 16, no. 4, pp. 1257–1261, 2012.
- X.-W. Zhou and L. Wang, “A variational principle for coupled nonlinear Schrödinger equations with variable coefficients and high nonlinearity,” Computers & Mathematics with Applications, vol. 61, no. 8, pp. 2035–2038, 2011.
- Z.-L. Tao, “Variational approach to the Benjamin Ono equation,” Nonlinear Analysis. Real World Applications, vol. 10, no. 3, pp. 1939–1941, 2009.
- Z.-L. Tao, “Solitary solutions of the Boiti-Leon-Manna-Pempinelli equation using He's variational method,” Zeitschrift fur Natuforschung A, vol. 63, no. 10-11, pp. 634–636, 2008.
- L. Xu, “Variational approach to solitons of nonlinear dispersive K(m, n) equations,” Chaos, Solitons and Fractals, vol. 37, no. 1, pp. 137–143, 2008.
- D. Baleanu and S. I. Muslih, “Lagrangian formulation of classical fields within Riemann-Liouville fractional derivatives,” Physica Scripta, vol. 72, no. 2-3, pp. 119–121, 2005.
- D. Baleanu, K. Diethelm, E. Scalas, and J. J. Trujillo, Fractional Calculus Models and Numerical Methods, vol. 3, World Scientific, 2012.
- G.-C. Wu and D. Baleanu, “Variational iteration method for the Burgers’ flow with fractional derivatives—new Lagrange Mutipliers,” Applied Mathematical Modelling, vol. 37, no. 9, pp. 6183–6190, 2013.
- G.-C. Wu, “New trends in variational iteration method,” Communications in Fractional Calculus, vol. 2, no. 2, pp. 59–75, 2011.