- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 939405, 9 pages
Global Solutions for an -Component System of Activator-Inhibitor Type
1Department of Mathematics, College of Sciences, Taibah University, Yanbu, Saudi Arabia
2Department of Mathematics, University of Tebessa, 12002 Tebessa, Algeria
3Department of Mathematics, University of Batna, 05000 Batna, Algeria
Received 15 May 2013; Accepted 17 July 2013
Academic Editor: Khalil Ezzinbi
Copyright © 2013 S. Abdelmalek et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. M. Turing, “The chemical basis of morphogenesis,” Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society B, vol. 237, pp. 37–72, 1952.
- A. H. Gierer and H. Meinhardt, “A theory of biological pattern formation,” Kybernetik, vol. 12, pp. 30–39, 1972.
- F. Rothe, Global Solutions of Reaction-Diffusion Systems, vol. 1072 of Lecture Notes in Mathematics, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 1984.
- K. Masuda and K. Takahashi, “Reaction-diffusion systems in the Gierer-Meinhardt theory of biological pattern formation,” Japan Journal of Applied Mathematics, vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 47–58, 1987.
- M. D. Li, S. H. Chen, and Y. C. Qin, “Boundedness and blow up for the general activator-inhibitor model,” Acta Mathematicae Applicatae Sinica, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 59–68, 1995.
- G. P. Bernasconi, “Reaction-Diffusion model for phyllotaxis,” Physica D, vol. 70, pp. 90–99, 1994.
- H. Meinhardt, A. Koch, and G. Bernasconi, “Models of pattern formation applied to plant development,” in Symmetry in Plants, D. Barabe and R. V. Jean, Eds., pp. 723–775, World Scientific Publishing, Singapore.
- D. Henry, Geometric Theory of Semi-Linear Parabolic Equations, vol. 840 of Lecture Notes in Mathematics, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 1984.
- S. Abdelmalek and S. Kouachi, “Proof of existence of global solutions for -component reaction-diffusion systems with mixed boundary conditions via the Lyapunov functional method,” Journal of Physics A, vol. 40, no. 41, pp. 12335–12350, 2007.
- P. Quittner and P. Souplet, Superlinear Parabolic Problems, Blow-up, Global Existence and Steady States, Birkhäuser, Basel, Switzerland, 2007.
- S. Abdelmalek and S. Kouachi, “A simple proof of Sylvester's (determinants) identity,” Applied Mathematical Sciences, vol. 2, no. 32, pp. 1571–1580, 2008.