- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 947291, 5 pages
Global Strong Solution to the Density-Dependent 2-D Liquid Crystal Flows
1Department of Mathematics, Zhejiang Normal University, Jinhua 321004, China
2Department of Applied Mathematics, Nanjing Forestry University, Nanjing 210037, China
3Department of Mathematics, Inha University, Incheon 402-751, Republic of Korea
Received 6 November 2012; Accepted 14 February 2013
Academic Editor: Giovanni P. Galdi
Copyright © 2013 Yong Zhou et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. Chandrasekhar, Liquid Crystalsed, Cambridge University Press, 2nd edition, 1992.
- J. L. Ericksen, “Hydrostatic theory of liquid crystals,” Archive for Rational Mechanics and Analysis, vol. 9, pp. 371–378, 1962.
- F. M. Leslie, “Some constitutive equations for liquid crystals,” Archive for Rational Mechanics and Analysis, vol. 28, no. 4, pp. 265–283, 1968.
- F.-H. Lin and C. Liu, “Nonparabolic dissipative systems modeling the flow of liquid crystals,” Communications on Pure and Applied Mathematics, vol. 48, no. 5, pp. 501–537, 1995.
- R. Danchin, “Density-dependent incompressible fluids in bounded domains,” Journal of Mathematical Fluid Mechanics, vol. 8, no. 3, pp. 333–381, 2006.
- H. Kim, “A blow-up criterion for the nonhomogeneous incompressible Navier-Stokes equations,” SIAM Journal on Mathematical Analysis, vol. 37, no. 5, pp. 1417–1434, 2006.
- J. Fan and T. Ozawa, “Regularity criteria for the 3D density-dependent Boussinesq equations,” Nonlinearity, vol. 22, no. 3, pp. 553–568, 2009.
- X. Xu and Z. Zhang, “Global regularity and uniqueness of weak solution for the 2-D liquid crystal flows,” Journal of Differential Equations, vol. 252, no. 2, pp. 1169–1181, 2012.
- F. Lin, J. Lin, and C. Wang, “Liquid crystal flows in two dimensions,” Archive for Rational Mechanics and Analysis, vol. 197, no. 1, pp. 297–336, 2010.
- F.-H. Lin and C. Liu, “Partial regularity of the dynamic system modeling the flow of liquid crystals,” Discrete and Continuous Dynamical Systems, vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 1–22, 1996.
- F.-H. Lin and C. Liu, “Existence of solutions for the Ericksen-Leslie system,” Archive for Rational Mechanics and Analysis, vol. 154, no. 2, pp. 135–156, 2000.
- F. Lin and C. Liu, “Static and dynamic theories of liquid crystals,” Journal of Partial Differential Equations, vol. 14, no. 4, pp. 289–330, 2001.
- J. Fan and B. Guo, “Regularity criterion to some liquid crystal models and the Landau-Lifshitz equations in ,” Science in China. Series A, vol. 51, no. 10, pp. 1787–1797, 2008.
- J. Fan and T. Ozawa, “Regularity criteria for a simplified Ericksen-Leslie system modeling the flow of liquid crystals,” Discrete and Continuous Dynamical Systems. Series A, vol. 25, no. 3, pp. 859–867, 2009.
- Y. Zhou and J. Fan, “A regularity criterion for the nematic liquid crystal flows,” Journal of Inequalities and Applications, vol. 2010, Article ID 589697, 9 pages, 2010.
- H. Wen and S. Ding, “Solutions of incompressible hydrodynamic flow of liquid crystals,” Nonlinear Analysis: Real World Applications, vol. 12, no. 3, pp. 1510–1531, 2011.
- J. Fan, H. Gao, and B. Guo, “Regularity criteria for the Navier-Stokes-Landau-Lifshitz system,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 363, no. 1, pp. 29–37, 2010.
- J. Li, “Global strong and weak solutions to nematic liquid crystal flow in two dimensions,” http://arxiv.org/abs/1211.0131.