- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 947379, 11 pages
Spectral Regularization Methods for an Abstract Ill-Posed Elliptic Problem
1Department of Mathematics, University 8 Mai 1945 Guelma, P.O. Box 401, 24000 Guelma, Algeria
2Applied Mathematics Laboratory, University Badji Mokhtar Annaba, P.O. Box 12, 23000 Annaba, Algeria
Received 10 April 2013; Accepted 28 September 2013
Academic Editor: Alberto Fiorenza
Copyright © 2013 Nadjib Boussetila et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. Qian, J. Mao, and L. Liu, “A spectral regularization method for a Cauchy problem of the modified Helmholtz equation,” Boundary Value Problems, vol. 2010, Article ID 212056, 13 pages, 2010.
- G. Alessandrini, “Stable determination of a crack from boundary measurements,” Proceedings of the Royal Society of Edinburgh A, vol. 123, no. 3, pp. 497–516, 1993.
- D. D. Ang, R. Gorenflo, V. K. Le, and D. D. Trong, Moment Theory and Some Inverse Problems in Potential Theory and Heat Conduction, vol. 1792 of Lecture Notes in Mathematics, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 2002.
- A. M. Denisov, E. V. Zakharov, A. V. Kalinin, and V. V. Kalinin, “Numerical solution of the inverse electrocardiography problem with the use of the Tikhonov regularization method,” Computational Mathematics and Cybernetics, vol. 32, no. 2, pp. 61–68, 2008.
- M. M. Lavrentev, V. G. Romanov, and G. P. Shishatskii, Ill-Posed Problems in Mathematical Physics and Analysis, American Mathematical Society, Providence, RI, USA, 1986.
- L. E. Payne, Improperly Posed Problems in Partial Differential Equations, Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics, Philadelphia, Pa, USA, 1975.
- G. Alessandrini, L. Rondi, E. Rosset, and S. Vessella, “The stability for the Cauchy problem for elliptic equations,” Inverse Problems, vol. 25, no. 12, Article ID 123004, 47 pages, 2009.
- U. Tautenhahn, “Optimal stable solution of Cauchy problems for elliptic equations,” Zeitschrift für Analysis und ihre Anwendungen, vol. 15, no. 4, pp. 961–984, 1996.
- Z. Qian, C.-L. Fu, and Z.-P. Li, “Two regularization methods for a Cauchy problem for the Laplace equation,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 338, no. 1, pp. 479–489, 2008.
- D. N. Hào, N. V. Duc, and D. Lesnic, “A non-local boundary value problem method for the Cauchy problem for elliptic equations,” Inverse Problems, vol. 25, no. 5, Article ID 055002, 27 pages, 2009.
- X.-L. Feng, L. Eldén, and C.-L. Fu, “A quasi-boundary-value method for the Cauchy problem for elliptic equations with nonhomogeneous Neumann data,” Journal of Inverse and Ill-Posed Problems, vol. 18, no. 6, pp. 617–645, 2010.
- I. V. Mel’nikova, “Regularization of ill-posed differential problems,” Siberian Mathematical Journal, vol. 33, no. 2, pp. 289–298, 1992.
- P. N. Vabishchevich and A. Yu. Denisenko, “Regularization of nonstationary problems for elliptic equations,” Journal of Engineering Physics and Thermophysics, vol. 65, no. 6, pp. 1195–1199, 1993.
- V. A. Kozlov and V. G. Maz’ya, “On iterative procedure for solving ill-posed boundary value problems that preserve differential equations,” Leningrad Mathematical Journal, vol. 1, no. 5, pp. 1207–1228, 1990.
- D. N. Hào, “A mollification method for ill-posed problems,” Numerische Mathematik, vol. 68, no. 4, pp. 469–506, 1994.
- N. Dunford and J. Schwartz, Linear Operators—Part II, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 1967.
- A. Pazy, Semigroups of Linear Operators and Applications to Partial Differential Equations, vol. 44 of Applied Mathematical Sciences, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 1983.
- S. G. Kreĭn and Ju. I. Petunin, “Scales of Banach spaces,” Uspekhi Matematicheskikh Nauk, vol. 21, no. 2(128), pp. 89–168, 1966.
- H. O. Fattorini, The Cauchy Problem, vol. 18 of Encyclopedia of Mathematics and Its Applications, Addison-Wesley Publishing, Reading, Mass, USA, 1983.
- K. Schmüdgen, Unbounded Self-Adjoint Operators on Hilbert Space, vol. 265 of Graduate Texts in Mathematics, Springer, Dordrecht, The Netherlands, 2012.