- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 972371, 14 pages
A Dynamic Cooperative Scheme with Multiple Antennas for Indoor Mobile Robot Localization
Department of Biomechatronics Engineering, National Pingtung University of Science and Technology, No. 1 Shuefu Road, Neipu, Pingtung County 91201, Taiwan
Received 12 June 2013; Accepted 28 August 2013
Academic Editor: Chang-Hua Lien
Copyright © 2013 Chung-Liang Chang and Bo-Han Wu. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. Klukas, O. Julien, L. Dong, M. E. Cannon, and G. Lachapelle, “Effects of building materials of UHF ranging signals,” GPS Solutions, vol. 8, no. 1, pp. 1–18, 2004.
- B. Peterson, D. Bruckner, and S. Heye, “Measuring GPS signals indoors,” in Proceedings of the 10th International Technical Meeting of the Satellite Division of the Institute of Navigation (ION GPS '97), pp. 615–624, September 1997.
- F. van Digglen and C. Abraham, “Indoor GPS technology,” in Proceedings of CTIA Wireless-Agenda, pp. 1–10, 2001.
- F. van Diggelen, “Indoor GPS theory & implementation,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Position Location and Navigation Symposium, pp. 240–247, April 2002.
- J.-A. Tsai, R. M. Buehrer, and B. D. Woerner, “Spatial fading correlation function of circular antenna arrays with Laplacian energy distribution,” IEEE Communications Letters, vol. 6, no. 5, pp. 178–180, 2002.
- G. J. Foschini, “Layered space-time architecture for wireless communication in a fading environment when using multi-element antennas,” Bell Labs Technical Journal, vol. 1, no. 2, pp. 41–59, 1996.
- H. Bolcskei, D. Gesbert, C. B. Papadias, and A. van der Veen, Space-Time Wireless Systems—From Array Processing to MIMO Communications, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK, 2006.
- R. L. Fante and J. J. Vaccaro, “Wideband cancellation of interference in a GPS receive array,” IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems, vol. 36, no. 2, pp. 549–564, 2000.
- S.-J. Kim and R. A. Iltis, “STAP for GPS receiver synchronization,” IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems, vol. 40, no. 1, pp. 132–144, 2004.
- C.-L. Chang, “Self-tuning synthesis filter against mutual coupling and interferences for GNSS and its implementation on embedded board,” EURASIP Journal on Advances in Signal Processing, vol. 2010, Article ID 123625, 13 pages, 2010.
- C. L. Chang, “Multiplexing scheme for anti-jamming global navigation satellite system receivers,” IET Radar, Sonar & Navigation, vol. 6, no. 6, pp. 443–457, 2012.
- C. B. Dietrich Jr., K. Dietze, J. R. Nealy, and W. L. Stutzman, “Spatial, polarization, and pattern diversity for wireless handheld terminals,” IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 49, no. 9, pp. 1271–1281, 2001.
- C. C. Chiau, Study of the diversity antenna array for the MIMO wireless communication systems [Ph.D. thesis], Queen Mary University of London, London, UK, 2006.
- Y. Gao, C. C. Chiau, X. Chen, and C. G. Parini, “Design of diversity antenna array for Galileo/GPS receivers,” in Proceedings of the European Conference on Antennas and Propagation (EuCap '06), pp. 1–5, Nice, France, November 2006.
- A. Broumandan, J. Nielsen, and G. Lachapelle, “Indoor GNSS signal acquisition performance using a synthetic antenna array,” IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems, vol. 47, no. 2, pp. 1337–1350, 2011.
- M. Zaheri, A. Broumandan, V. Dehghanian, and G. Lachapelle, “Detection performance of polarization and spatial diversities for indoor GNSS applications,” International Journal of Antennas and Propagation, vol. 2012, Article ID 879142, 10 pages, 2012.
- E. D. Kaplan and C. J. Hegarty, Understanding GPS: Principles and Applications, Artech House, Boston, Mass, USA, 2006.
- E. L. Houghton and P. W. Carpenter, Aerodynamics for Engineering Students, Edward Arnold, London, UK, 4th edition, 1993.
- R. Clarke, “A statistical theory of mobile radio reception,” Bell System Technical Journal, vol. 47, pp. 957–1000, 1968.
- M. A. Jensen and Y. Rahmat-Samii, “Performance analysis of antennas for hand-held transceivers using FDTD,” IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 42, no. 8, pp. 1106–1112, 1994.
- T. Taga, “Analysis for mean effective gain of mobile antennas in land mobile radio environments,” IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, vol. 39, no. 2, pp. 117–131, 1990.
- P. Mattheijssen, M. H. A. J. Herben, G. Dolmans, and L. Leyten, “Antenna-pattern diversity versus space diversity for use at handhelds,” IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, vol. 53, no. 4, pp. 1035–1042, 2004.
- R. Vaughan, “Switched parasitic elements for antenna diversity,” IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 47, no. 2, pp. 399–405, 1999.
- S. R. Saunders, Antennas and Propagation for Wireless Communication Systems, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 1999.
- C.-L. Chang, H.-N. Shou, and J.-C. Juang, “Spatial cooperative diversity technique in performance enhancement of GNSS receivers,” in Proceedings of the 8th Asian Control Conference (ASCC '11), pp. 1239–1244, May 2011.
- M. Tarkiainen and T. Westman, “Predictive switched diversity for slow speed mobile terminals,” in Proceedings of the 47th IEEE Vehicular Technology Conference, vol. 3, pp. 2042–2044, May 1997.
- A. Sendonaris, E. Erkip, and B. Aazhang, “User cooperation diversity—part I and part II,” IEEE Transactions on Communications, vol. 51, no. 11, pp. 1927–1948, 2003.
- T. S. Rappaport, Wireless Communications Principles and Practice, Pearson Education International, Upper Saddle River, NJ, USA, 2nd edition, 2002.
- C.-K. Park and K.-S. Min, “A study on spatial correlation characteristic of array antenna for multi antenna system,” in Proceedings of the Asia-Pacific Microwave Conference (APMC '05), vol. 3, December 2005.
- W. C. Jakes, Microwave Mobile Communications, IEEE Press, Piscataway, NJ, USA, 1994.
- G. L. Stüber, Principles of Mobile Communications, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 2nd edition, 2000.
- S. M. Kay, Fundamentals of Statistical Signal Processing, Volume II: Detection Theory, Prentice Hall PTR, Upper Saddle River, NJ, USA, 1998.
- S. R. Saunders, Antennas and Propagation for Wireless Communication Systems, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 2nd edition, 2007.
- I. E. Telatar, “Capacity of multi-antenna Gaussian channels,” European Transactions on Telecommunications, vol. 10, no. 6, pp. 585–595, 1999.