- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 972941, 6 pages
Shock in the Yarn during Unwinding from Packages
Department of Textiles, NTF, University of Ljubljana, Snežniška 5, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
Received 14 December 2012; Revised 18 January 2013; Accepted 4 February 2013
Academic Editor: Lan Xu
Copyright © 2013 Stanislav Praček et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- D. G. Padfield, “The motion and tension of an unwinding thread,” Proceedings of the Royal Society A, vol. 245, no. 1242, pp. 382–407, 1958.
- D. G. Padfield, “A note on the fluctuations of tension during unwinding,” Journal of the Textile Institute Proceedings, vol. 47, no. 5, pp. 301–308, 1956.
- A. E. de Barr and H. Catling, Manual of Cotton Spinning, vol. 5, Butterworth, Oxford, UK, 1976.
- V. K. Kothari and G. A. V. Leaf, “The unwinding of yarns from packages. Part I: the theory of yarn-unwinding,” Journal of the Textile Institute, vol. 70, no. 3, pp. 89–95, 1979.
- V. K. Kothari and G. A. V. Leaf, “The unwinding of yarns from packages. Part II: unwinding from cylindrical packages,” Journal of the Textile Institute, vol. 70, no. 5, pp. 172–183, 1979.
- W. B. Fraser, T. K. Ghosh, and S. K. Batra, “On unwinding yarn from cylindrical package,” Proceedings of the Royal Society A, vol. 436, no. 1898, pp. 479–498, 1992.
- W. B. Fraser, “Effect of yarn elasticity on an unwinding balloon,” Journal of the Textile Institute, vol. 83, no. 4, pp. 603–613, 1992.
- J.-H. He, “An elementary introduction to recently developed asymptotic methods and nanomechanics in textile engineering,” International Journal of Modern Physics B, vol. 22, no. 21, pp. 3487–3578, 2008.
- S. Q. Wang, J.-H. He, and L. Xu, “Non-ionic surfactants for enhancing electrospinability and for the preparation of electrospun nanofibers,” Polymer International, vol. 57, no. 9, pp. 1079–1082, 2008.
- S. Praček, “Theory of string motion in the textile process of yarn unwinding,” International Journal of Nonlinear Sciences and Numerical Simulation, vol. 8, no. 3, pp. 451–460, 2007.
- J. Strnad, Fizika, Prvi Del: Mehanika, Toplota, DMFA, Ljubljana, Slovenia, 1995.
- J. A. Roberson and C. T. Crowe, Engineering Fluid Dynamics, Druga Izdaja, Houghton Mifflin Company, Boston, Mass, USA, 1980.
- S. Pahor, Uvod v Analiticno Mehaniko, DMFA, Ljubljana, Slovenia, 1995.
- J. N. Bronštejn and K. A. Semendjajev, Matematični Priročnik, Tehniška založba Slovenije, Ljubljana, Slovenia, 1994.
- T. K. Ghosh, S. K. Batra, and A. S. Murthy, “Dynamic analysis of yarn unwinding from cylindrical packages. Part I: parametric studies of the two-region problem,” Textile Research Journal, vol. 71, no. 9, pp. 771–778, 2001.
- T. K. Ghosh, S. K. Batra, and X. Murthy, “Dynamic analysis of yarn unwinding from cylindrical packages. Part II: the three-region analysis,” Textile Research Journal, vol. 71, no. 10, pp. 855–861, 2001.
- R. Wu, J. Yu, C. D. Rahn, and B. C. Goswami, “Measuring yarn/package friction during over-end unwinding,” Textile Research Journal, vol. 70, no. 4, pp. 321–327, 2000.
- J. D. Clark, W. B. Fraser, and D. M. Stump, “Modelling of tension in yarn package unwinding,” Journal of Engineering Mathematics, vol. 40, no. 1, pp. 59–75, 2001.
- X. M. Kong, Steady state unwinding of yarn from cylindrical packages: theory and experiment [Ph.D. thesis], Clemson University, Clemson, SC, USA, 1997.
- X. M. Kong, C. D. Rahn, and B. C. Goswami, “Steady-state unwinding of yarn from cyclindrical packages,” Textile Research Journal, vol. 69, no. 4, pp. 292–306, 1999.
- J.-H. He, “Some asymptotic methods for strongly nonlinear equations,” International Journal of Modern Physics B, vol. 20, no. 10, pp. 1141–1199, 2006.
- J.-H. He, “Asimptotic methods for solitary solutions and compactons,” Abstract and Applied Analysis, vol. 2012, Article ID 916793, 130 pages, 2012.