- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 975359, 7 pages
Spatiotemporal Simulation of Tourist Town Growth Based on the Cellular Automata Model: The Case of Sanpo Town in Hebei Province
1Institute of Geographic Sciences and Natural Resources Research, CAS, Beijing 100101, China
2Liaoning Key Laboratory of Physical Geography and Geomatics, Dalian 116029, China
Received 31 January 2013; Accepted 26 March 2013
Academic Editor: Jianhong (Cecilia) Xia
Copyright © 2013 Jun Yang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- L. Lu and J. Ge, “Reflection on the research progress of tourism urbanization,” Geographical Research, vol. 25, no. 4, pp. 741–750, 2006.
- Z. Wang and H. Yu, “Study on coupling development between development of tourism industry and small town construction in Zhangjiajie City,” Economic Geography, no. 7, pp. 165–171, 2012.
- S. Wolfram, “Cellular automata as models of complexity,” Nature, vol. 311, no. 5985, pp. 419–424, 1984.
- M. H. Afshar, M. Shahidi, M. Rohani, and M. Sargolzaei, “Application of cellular automata to sewer network optimization problems,” Scientia Iranica, vol. 18, no. 3, pp. 304–312, 2011.
- Y. Feng and Z. Han, “Impact of neighbor configurations on spatially-explicit modeling results,” Geographical Research, vol. 30, no. 6, pp. 1055–1065, 2011.
- S. Kokubo, J. Tanimoto, and A. Hagishima, “A new cellular automata model including a decelerating damping effect to reproduce Kerner's three-phase theory,” Physica A, vol. 390, no. 4, pp. 561–568, 2011.
- E. A. Silva and K. C. Clarke, “Calibration of the SLEUTH urban growth model for Lisbon and Porto, Portugal,” Computers, Environment and Urban Systems, vol. 26, no. 6, pp. 525–552, 2002.
- V. Spicer, A. A. Reid, J. Ginther, H. Seifi, and V. Dabbaghian, “Bars on blocks: a cellular automata model of crime and liquor licensed establishment density,” Computers, Environment and Urban Systems, vol. 36, no. 5, pp. 412–422, 2012.
- F. Wu, “Calibration of stochastic cellular automata: the application to rural-urban land conversions,” International Journal of Geographical Information Science, vol. 16, no. 8, pp. 795–818, 2002.
- H. Yu, Z. He, and X. Pan, “Wetlands shrink simulation using cellular automata: a case study in Sanjiang Plain, China,” Procedia Environmental Sciences, vol. 2, pp. 225–233, 2010.
- H. Zhang, Y. Zeng, X. Jin, C. Yin, and B. Zou, “Urban land expansion model based on multi-agent system and application,” Acta Geographica Sinica, vol. 63, no. 8, pp. 869–881, 2008.
- M. Batty, H. Couclelis, and M. Eichen, “Urban systems as cellular automata,” Environment and Planning B, vol. 24, no. 2, pp. 159–164, 1997.
- H. Couclelis, “Cellular worlds: a framework for modeling micro-macro dynamics,” Environment and Planning A, vol. 17, no. 5, pp. 585–596, 1985.
- M. Batty and Y. Xie, “From cells to cities,” Environment and Planning B, vol. 21, supplement 21, pp. 531–548, 1994.
- M. Batty and Y. Xie, “Possible urban automata,” Environment and Planning B, vol. 24, no. 2, pp. 175–192, 1997.
- Y. Zhou and Y. Chen, “Cellular automata and simulation of spatial complexity of urban systems: history, present situation and future,” Economic Geography, vol. 20, no. 3, pp. 35–39, 2000.
- X. Li and A. G. O. Yeh, “Constrained cellular automata for modelling sustainable urban forms,” Acta Geographica Sinica, vol. 54, no. 4, pp. 289–298, 1999.
- S. Lauf, D. Haase, P. Hostert, T. Lakes, and B. Kleinschmit, “Uncovering land-use dynamics driven by human decision-making: a combined model approach using cellular automata and system dynamics,” Environmental Modelling & Software, vol. 27-28, pp. 71–82, 2012.
- A. M. García, I. Santé, M. Boullón, and R. Crecente, “A comparative analysis of cellular automata models for simulation of small urban areas in Galicia, NW Spain,” Computers, Environment and Urban Systems, vol. 36, no. 4, pp. 291–301, 2012.
- D. Mitsova, W. Shuster, and X. Wang, “A cellular automata model of land cover change to integrate urban growth with open space conservation,” Landscape and Urban Planning, vol. 99, no. 2, pp. 141–153, 2011.
- X. Li, “Emergence of bottom-up models as a tool for landscape simulation and planning,” Landscape and Urban Planning, vol. 100, no. 4, pp. 393–395, 2011.
- X. Li, Q. Yang, and X. Liu, “Discovering and evaluating urban signatures for simulating compact development using cellular automata,” Landscape and Urban Planning, vol. 86, no. 2, pp. 177–186, 2008.
- X. Liu, X. Li, X. Shi, S. Wu, and T. Liu, “Simulating complex urban development using kernel-based non-linear cellular automata,” Ecological Modelling, vol. 211, no. 1-2, pp. 169–181, 2008.
- P. M. Torrens and D. O'Sullivan, “Cellular automata and urban simulation: where do we go from here?” Environment and Planning B, vol. 28, no. 2, pp. 163–168, 2001.