- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 984894, 8 pages
Numerical Modeling of the Fluid Flow in Continuous Casting Tundish with Different Control Devices
Key Laboratory for Ferrous Metallurgy and Resources Utilization, Ministry of Education, Wuhan University of Science and Technology, Wuhan 430081, China
Received 23 August 2013; Accepted 16 September 2013
Academic Editor: Jianzhong Lin
Copyright © 2013 Zhu He et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- D. Mazumdar and R. I. L. Guthrie, “Physical and mathematical modelling of continuous casting tundish systems,” ISIJ International, vol. 39, no. 6, pp. 524–547, 1999.
- L. Zhong, B. Li, Y. Zhu, R. Wang, W. Wang, and X. Zhang, “Fluid flow in a four-strand bloom continuous casting tundish with different flow modifiers,” ISIJ International, vol. 47, no. 1, pp. 88–94, 2007.
- A. Braun, M. Warzecha, and H. Pfeifer, “Numerical and physical modeling of steel flow in a two-strand tundish for different casting conditions,” Metallurgical and Materials Transactions B, vol. 41, no. 3, pp. 549–559, 2010.
- T. Merder and J. Pieprzyca, “Numerical modeling of the influence subflux controller of turbulence on steel flow in the tundish,” Metalurgija, vol. 50, no. 4, pp. 223–226, 2011.
- M. Warzecha and T. Merder, “Numerical analysis of the non-metallic inclusions distribution and separation in a two-strand Tundish,” Metalurgija, vol. 52, no. 2, pp. 153–156, 2013.
- R. D. Morales, J. J. de Barreto, S. López-Ramirez, J. Palafox-Ramos, and D. Zacharias, “Melt flow control in a multistrand tundish using a turbulence inhibitor,” Metallurgical and Materials Transactions B, vol. 31, no. 6, pp. 1505–1515, 2000.
- S. López-Ramirez, J. D. J. Barreto, J. Palafox-Ramos, R. D. Morales, and D. Zacharias, “Modeling study of the influence of turbulence inhibitors on the molten steel flow, tracer dispersion, and inclusion trajectories in tundishes,” Metallurgical and Materials Transactions B, vol. 32, no. 4, pp. 615–627, 2001.
- B. Moumtez, A. Bellaouar, and K. Talbi, “Numerical investigation of the fluid flow in continuous casting Tundish using analysis of RTD curves,” Journal of Iron and Steel Research International, vol. 16, no. 2, pp. 22–29, 2009.
- P. K. Jha and S. K. Dash, “Effect of outlet positions and various turbulence models on mixing in a single and multi strand tundish,” International Journal of Numerical Methods for Heat and Fluid Flow, vol. 12, no. 5, pp. 560–584, 2002.
- A. Kumar, S. C. Koria, and D. Mazumdar, “An assessment of fluid flow modelling and residence time distribution phenomena in steelmaking tundish systems,” ISIJ International, vol. 44, no. 8, pp. 1334–1341, 2004.
- T. Merder, “Effect of casting flow rate on steel flow phenomenna in Tundish,” Metalurgija, vol. 52, no. 2, pp. 161–164, 2013.
- A. Kumar, D. Mazumdar, and S. C. Koria, “Experimental validation of flow and tracer-dispersion models in a four-strand billet-casting tundish,” Metallurgical and Materials Transactions B, vol. 36, no. 6, pp. 777–785, 2005.
- K. J. Craig, D. J. de Kock, K. W. Makgata, and G. J. de Wet, “Design optimization of a single-strand continuous caster tundish using residence time distribution data,” ISIJ International, vol. 41, no. 10, pp. 1194–1200, 2001.
- K. Chattopadhyay, M. Isac, and R. I. L. Guthrie, “Physical and mathematical modelling of steelmaking tundish operations: a review of the last decade (1999–2009),” ISIJ International, vol. 50, no. 3, pp. 331–348, 2010.
- B. E. Launder and D. B. Spalding, “The numerical computation of turbulent flows,” Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering, vol. 3, no. 2, pp. 269–289, 1974.
- S. V. Patankar, “Numerical heat transfer and fluid flow,” McGraw-Hill, New York, NY, USA, 1980.
- H. Weller, G. Tabor, and H. C. Jasak, “Fureby A tensorial approach to computational continuum mechanics using object-oriented techniques,” Computers in Physics, vol. 12, no. 6, pp. 620–631, 1998.
- S. Singh and S. C. Koria, “Model study of the dynamics of flow of steel melt in the tundish,” ISIJ International, vol. 33, no. 12, pp. 1228–1237, 1993.
- J. Szekely and N. Themelis, Rate Phenomena in Process Metallurgy, Wiley Interscience, New York, NY, USA, 1972.
- Y. Sahai and T. Emi, “Melt flow characterization in continuous casting tundishes,” ISIJ International, vol. 36, no. 6, pp. 667–672, 1996.