- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 137468, 7 pages
A Linear Functional Equation of Third Order Associated with the Fibonacci Numbers
1Mathematics Section, College of Science and Technology, Hongik University, Sejong 339-701, Republic of Korea
2Department of Mathematics, ETH-Zürich, Ramistraße 101, 8092 Zürich, Switzerland
Received 7 February 2014; Revised 12 June 2014; Accepted 16 June 2014; Published 30 June 2014
Academic Editor: Jesús G. Falset
Copyright © 2014 Soon-Mo Jung and Michael Th. Rassias. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. M. Ulam, A Collection of Mathematical Problems, Interscience, New York, NY, USA, 1960.
- D. H. Hyers, “On the stability of the linear functional equation,” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, vol. 27, pp. 222–224, 1941.
- S.-M. Jung, “Functional equation and its Hyers-Ulam stability,” Journal of Inequalities and Applications, vol. 2008, Article ID 181678, 2009.
- S.-M. Jung, Hyers-Ulam-Rassias Stability of Functional Equations in Nonlinear Analysis, vol. 48 of Springer Optimization and Its Applications, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 2011.
- S.-M. Jung, D. Popa, and M. T. Rassias, “On the stability of the linear functional equation in a single variable on complete metric groups,” Journal of Global Optimization, vol. 59, no. 1, pp. 165–171, 2014.
- Z. Moszner, “On the stability of functional equations,” Aequationes Mathematicae, vol. 77, no. 1-2, pp. 33–88, 2009.
- N. Brillouet-Belluot, J. Brzdek, and K. Cieplinski, “On some recent developments in Ulam's type stability,” Abstract and Applied Analysis, vol. 2012, Article ID 716936, 41 pages, 2012.
- S.-M. Jung, “Hyers-Ulam stability of Fibonacci functional equation,” Bulletin of the Iranian Mathematical Society, vol. 35, no. 2, pp. 217–227, 2009.
- P. Ribenboim, My Numbers, My Friends: Popular Lectures on Number Theory, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 2000.
- K. Baron and W. Jarczyk, “Recent results on functional equations in a single variable, perspectives and open problems,” Aequationes Mathematicae, vol. 61, no. 1-2, pp. 1–48, 2001.
- M. Kuczma, Functional Equations in a Single Variable, Polish Scientific, Warszawa, Poland, 1968.
- M. Kuczma, B. Choczewski, and R. Ger, Iterative Functional Equations, vol. 32 of Encyclopedia of Mathematics and Its Applications, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK, 1990.
- S. Y. Pilyugin, Shadowing in Dynamical Systems, vol. 1706 of Lecture Notes in Mathematics, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 1999.
- J. Brzdek, D. Popa, and B. Xu, “Hyers-Ulam stability for linear equations of higher orders,” Acta Mathematica Hungarica, vol. 120, no. 1-2, pp. 1–8, 2008.
- T. Trif, “Hyers-Ulam-Rassias stability of a linear functional equation with constant coefficients,” Nonlinear Functional Analysis and Applications, vol. 11, no. 5, pp. 881–889, 2006.
- J. Brzdek and S.-M. Jung, “A note on stability of a linear functional equation of second order connected with the Fibonacci numbers and Lucas sequences,” Journal of Inequalities and Applications, vol. 2010, Article ID 793947, 10 pages, 2010.
- T. Koshy, Fibonacci and Lucas Numbers with Applications, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 2001.