- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 156513, 7 pages
Dynamics of Bose-Einstein Condensates: Exact Representation and Topological Classification of Coherent Matter Waves
1Department of Electrical Engineering, Guilin College of Aerospace Technology, Guilin 541004, China
2School of Mathematics and Computing Science, Guilin University of Electronic Technology, Guilin 541001, China
3School of Mathematical Sciences, Fudan University, Shanghai 200433, China
Received 5 December 2013; Accepted 10 January 2014; Published 3 March 2014
Academic Editor: Dianchen Lu
Copyright © 2014 Leilei Jia et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- K. B. Davis, M.-O. Mewes, M. R. Andrews et al., “Bose-Einstein condensation in a gas of sodium atoms,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 75, no. 22, pp. 3969–3973, 1995.
- S. Burger, F. S. Cataliotti, C. Fort et al., “Superfluid and dissipative dynamics of a Bose-Einstein condensate in a periodic optical potential,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 86, no. 20, pp. 4447–4450, 2001.
- B. Wu, R. B. Diener, and Q. Niu, “Bloch waves and bloch bands of Bose-Einstein condensates in optical lattices,” Physical Review A, vol. 65, no. 2, Article ID 025601, 4 pages, 2002.
- A. Chen, S. Wen, and W. Huang, “Existence and orbital stability of periodic wave solutions for the nonlinear Schrödinger equation,” The Journal of Applied Analysis and Computation, vol. 2, no. 2, pp. 137–148, 2012.
- B. Deconinck, B. A. Frigyik, and J. N. Kutz, “Dynamics and stability of Bose-Einstein condensates: the nonlinear Schrödinger equation with periodic potential,” Journal of Nonlinear Science, vol. 12, no. 3, pp. 169–205, 2002.
- G. Chong, W. Hai, and Q. Xie, “Spatial chaos of trapped Bose-Einstein condensate in one-dimensional weak optical lattice potential,” Chaos, vol. 14, no. 2, pp. 217–223, 2004.
- G. Chong, W. Hai, and Q. Xie, “Controlling chaos in a weakly coupled array of Bose-Einstein condensates,” Physical Review E, vol. 71, no. 1, Article ID 016202, 2005.
- P. Dyke, S. Lei, and R. Hulet, “Phase-dependent Interactions of Bright Matter-Wave Solitons,” Bulletin of the American Physical Society, vol. 57, no. 5, Article ID U6. 00001, 2012.
- Y. Xu, Y. Zhang, and B. Wu, “Bright solitons in spin-orbit-coupled Bose-Einstein condensates,” Physical Review A, vol. 87, no. 1, Article ID 013614, 2013.
- B. Schlein and H. T. Yau, “Derivation of the Gross-Pitaevskii equation for the dynamics of Bose-Einstein condensate,” Annals of Mathematics, vol. 172, no. 1, pp. 291–370, 2010.
- W. Krauth, “Quantum Monte Carlo calculations for a large number of bosons in a harmonic trap,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 77, no. 18, pp. 3695–3699, 1996.
- S. Nascimbène, Y. Chen, M. Atala et al., “Experimental realization of plaquette resonating valence-bond states with ultracold atoms in optical superlattices,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 108, no. 20, Article ID 205301, 2012.
- V. P. Chua and M. A. Porter, “Spatial resonance overlap in Bose-Einstein condensates in superlattice potentials,” International Journal of Bifurcation and Chaos, vol. 16, no. 4, pp. 945–959, 2006.
- M. A. Porter and P. G. Kevrekidis, “Bose-Einstein condensates in super-lattices,” SIAM Journal on Applied Dynamical Systems, vol. 4, no. 4, pp. 783–807, 2005.
- Q. Liu and D. Qian, “Modulated amplitude waves with nonzero phases in Bose-Einstein condensates,” Journal of Mathematical Physics, vol. 52, no. 8, Article ID 082702, 11 pages, 2011.
- Q. Liu and D. Qian, “Construction of modulated amplitude waves via averaging in collisionally inhomogeneous Bose-Einstein condensates,” Journal of Nonlinear Mathematical Physics, vol. 19, no. 2, Article ID 1250017, 14 pages, 2012.
- M. A. Porter, P. G. Kevrekidis, and B. A. Malomed, “Resonant and non-resonant modulated amplitude waves for binary Bose-Einstein condensates in optical lattices,” Physica D, vol. 196, no. 1-2, pp. 106–123, 2004.
- X. Li, J. Han, and F. Wang, “The extended Riccati equation method for travelling wave solutions of ZK equation,” The Journal of Applied Analysis and Computation, vol. 2, no. 4, pp. 423–430, 2012.
- S. Chow, M. Jiang, and X. Lin, “Traveling wave solutions in coupled Chua's circuits, part I: periodic solutions,” The Journal of Applied Analysis and Computation, vol. 3, no. 3, pp. 213–237, 2013.
- J. Li and Z. Liu, “Traveling wave solutions for a class of nonlinear dispersive equations,” Chinese Annals of Mathematics. Series B, vol. 23, no. 3, pp. 397–418, 2002.
- J. Li and G. Chen, “On a class of singular nonlinear traveling wave equations,” International Journal of Bifurcation and Chaos, vol. 17, no. 11, pp. 4049–4065, 2007.
- L. Brusch, A. Torcini, M. van Hecke, M. G. Zimmermann, and M. Bär, “Modulated amplitude waves and defect formation in the one-dimensional complex Ginzburg-Landau equation,” Physica D, vol. 160, no. 3-4, pp. 127–148, 2001.
- J. C. Bronski, L. D. Carr, B. Deconinck, and J. N. Kutz, “Bose-Einstein condensates in standing waves: the cubic nonlinear Schrödinger equation with a periodic potential,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 86, no. 8, pp. 1402–1405, 2001.
- P. F. Byrd and M. D. Friedman, Handbook of Elliptic Integrals for Engineers and Scientists, vol. 67 of Die Grundlehren der mathematischen Wissenschaften, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 2nd edition, 1971.