- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 163263, 12 pages
A Global Optimization Algorithm for Signomial Geometric Programming Problem
College of Mathematics and Information Science, Henan Normal University, Xinxiang 453007, China
Received 17 December 2013; Accepted 16 January 2014; Published 30 March 2014
Academic Editor: Yisheng Song
Copyright © 2014 Xue-Ping Hou et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- P. Hansen and B. Jaumard, “Reduction of indefinite quadratic programs to bilinear programs,” Journal of Global Optimization, vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 41–60, 1992.
- C. S. Beightler and D. T. Phillips, Applied Geometric Programming, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 1976.
- M. Avriel and A. C. Williams, “An extension of geometric programming with applications in engineering optimization,” Journal of Engineering Mathematics, vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 187–194, 1971.
- N. K. Jha, “Geometric programming based robot control design,” Computers and Industrial Engineering, vol. 29, no. 1–4, pp. 631–635, 1995.
- T. R. Jefferson and C. H. Scott, “Generalized geometric programming applied to problems of optimal control. I. Theory,” Journal of Optimization Theory and Applications, vol. 26, no. 1, pp. 117–129, 1978.
- J. G. Ecker, “Geometric programming: methods, computations and applications,” SIAM Review, vol. 22, no. 3, pp. 338–362, 1980.
- R. Horst and H. Tuy, Global Optimization: Deterministic Approaches, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 2nd edition, 1993.
- C. A. Floudas and V. Visweswaran, “Quadratic optimization,” in Handbook of Global Optimization, Nonconvex Optimization and Its Applications, R. Horst and P. M. Pardalos, Eds., vol. 2, pp. 217–269, Kluwer Academic Publishers, 1995.
- Y. K. Sui, “The expansion of functions under transformation and its application to optimization,” Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering, vol. 113, no. 3-4, pp. 253–262, 1994.
- K. Das, T. K. Roy, and M. Maiti, “Multi-item inventory model with quantity-dependent inventory costs and demand-dependent unit cost under imprecise objective and restrictions: a geometric programming approach,” Production Planning and Control, vol. 11, no. 8, pp. 781–788, 2000.
- R. J. Duffin and E. L. Peterson, “Duality theory for geometric programming,” SIAM Journal on Applied Mathematics, vol. 14, pp. 1307–1349, 1966.
- R. J. Duffin, E. L. Peterson, and C. Zener, “The geometric inequality and the main lemma,” in Geometric Programming Theory and Applocations, pp. 115–140, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 1967.
- R. J. Duffin and E. L. Peterson, “Geometric programming with signomials,” Journal of Optimization Theory and Applications, vol. 11, pp. 3–35, 1973.
- U. Passy, “Generalized weighted mean programming,” SIAM Journal on Applied Mathematics, vol. 20, pp. 763–778, 1971.
- U. Passy and D. J. Wilde, “Generalized polynomial optimization,” SIAM Journal on Applied Mathematics, vol. 15, pp. 1344–1356, 1967.
- K. O. Kortanek, X. Xu, and Y. Ye, “An infeasible interior-point algorithm for solving primal and dual geometric programs,” Mathematical Programming, vol. 76, no. 1, pp. 155–181, 1997.
- H. D. Sherali and C. H. Tuncbilek, “A global optimization algorithm for polynomial programming problems using a reformulation-linearization technique,” Journal of Global Optimization, vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 101–112, 1992.
- H. D. Sherali and C. H. Tuncbilek, “A reformulation-convexification approach for solving nonconvex quadratic programming problems,” Journal of Global Optimization, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 1–31, 1995.
- H. D. Sherali, “Global optimization of nonconvex polynomial programming problems having rational exponents,” Journal of Global Optimization, vol. 12, no. 3, pp. 267–283, 1998.
- C. D. Maranas and C. A. Floudas, “Global optimization in generalized geometric programming,” Computers and Chemical Engineering, vol. 21, no. 4, pp. 351–369, 1997.
- P. P. Shen and K. C. Zhang, “Global optimization of signomial geometric programming using linear relaxation,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 150, no. 1, pp. 99–114, 2004.
- P. P. Shen, Y. Ma, and Y. Q. Chen, “A robust algorithm for generalized geometric programming,” Journal of Global Optimization, vol. 41, no. 4, pp. 593–612, 2008.
- Y. J. Wang, T. Li, and Z. A. Liang, “A general algorithm for solving generalized geometric programming with nonpositive degree of difficulty,” Computational Optimization and Applications, vol. 44, no. 1, pp. 139–158, 2009.
- S. J. Qu, K. C. Zhang, and F. S. Wang, “A global optimization using linear relaxation for generalized geometric programming,” European Journal of Operational Research, vol. 190, no. 2, pp. 345–356, 2008.
- H. Tuy, “Effect of the subdivision strategy on convergence and efficiency of some global optimization algorithms,” Journal of Global Optimization, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 23–36, 1991.
- J.-M. Peng and Y.-X. Yuan, “Optimality conditions for the minimization of a quadratic with two quadratic constraints,” SIAM Journal on Optimization, vol. 7, no. 3, pp. 579–594, 1997.
- P. P. Shen, X. D. Bai, and W. M. Li, “A new accelerating method for globally solving a class of nonconvex programming problems,” Nonlinear Analysis. Theory, Methods & Applications, vol. 71, no. 7-8, pp. 2866–2876, 2009.
- R. Horst, P. M. Pardalos, and N. V. Thoai, Introduction to Global Optimization, Kluwer Academic Publishers, Dordrecht, The Netherlands, 2000.
- R. Horst and H. Tuy, Global Optimization: Deterministic Approaches, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 3rd edition, 2003.
- R. Horst, “Deterministic global optimization with partition sets whose feasibility is not known: application to concave minimization, reverse convex constraints, DC-programming, and Lipschitzian optimization,” Journal of Optimization Theory and Applications, vol. 58, no. 1, pp. 11–37, 1988.
- S.-J. Qu, K.-C. Zhang, and Y. Ji, “A new global optimization algorithm for signomial geometric programming via Lagrangian relaxation,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 184, no. 2, pp. 886–894, 2007.
- Y. J. Wang and Z. A. Liang, “A deterministic global optimization algorithm for generalized geometric programming,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 168, no. 1, pp. 722–737, 2005.
- P. P. Shen and H. W. Jiao, “A new rectangle branch-and-pruning approach for generalized geometric programming,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 183, no. 2, pp. 1027–1038, 2006.
- M. J. Rijckaert and X. M. Martens, “Comparison of generalized geometric programming algorithms,” Journal of Optimization Theory and Application, vol. 26, pp. 205–241, 1978.