- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 234375, 11 pages
Convergence Analysis of Incomplete Biquadratic Rectangular Element for Fourth-Order Singular Perturbation Problem on Anisotropic Meshes
1School of Sciences, Henan University of Technology, Zhengzhou 450001, China
2School of Mathematics and Statistics, Anyang Normal University, Anyang 455000, China
Received 2 June 2013; Accepted 29 December 2013; Published 13 February 2014
Academic Editor: Youyu Wang
Copyright © 2014 Pingli Xie and Meng Hu. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. C. Chen, Y. C. Zhao, and D. Y. Shi, “Non nonconforming elements for elliptic fourth order singular perturbation problem,” Journal of Computational Mathematics, vol. 23, no. 2, pp. 185–198, 2005.
- M. Wang, J. C. Xu, and Y. C. Hu, “Modified Morley element method for a fourth order elliptic singular perturbation problem,” Journal of Computational Mathematics, vol. 24, no. 2, pp. 113–120, 2006.
- T. K. Nilssen, X. C. Tai, and R. Winther, “A robust nonconforming -element,” Mathematics of Computation, vol. 70, no. 234, pp. 489–505, 2001.
- S. Zhang and M. Wang, “A posteriori estimator of nonconforming finite element method for fourth order elliptic perturbation problems,” Journal of Computational Mathematics, vol. 26, no. 4, pp. 554–577, 2008.
- B. Semper, “Conforming finite element approximations for a fourth-order singular perturbation problem,” SIAM Journal on Numerical Analysis, vol. 29, no. 4, pp. 1043–1058, 1992.
- J. A. Nitsche and A. H. Schatz, “Interior estimates for Ritz-Galerkin methods,” Mathematics of Computation, vol. 28, pp. 937–958, 1974.
- A. H. Schatz and L. B. Wahlbin, “On the finite element method for singularly perturbed reaction-diffusion problems in two and one dimensions,” Mathematics of Computation, vol. 40, no. 161, pp. 47–89, 1983.
- G. Strang, “Variational crimes in the finite element method,” in The Mathematical Foundations of the Finite Element Method with Applications to Partial Differential Equations, A. R. Aziz, Ed., pp. 689–710, Academic Press, New York, NY, USA, 1972.
- F. Stummel, “The generalized patch test,” SIAM Journal on Numerical Analysis, vol. 16, no. 3, pp. 449–471, 1979.
- Z. C. Shi, “The F-E-M test for convergence of nonconforming finite elements,” Mathematics of Computation, vol. 49, no. 180, pp. 391–405, 1987.
- S. C. Chen, D. Y. Shi, and H. Ichiro, “Generalized estimate formulation of nonconforming finite elements,” Mathematica Numerica Sinica, vol. 22, no. 3, pp. 295–300, 2000.
- Z. C. Shi, “On the convergence of the incomplete biquadratic nonconforming plate element,” Mathematica Numerica Sinica, vol. 8, no. 1, pp. 53–62, 1986.
- Z. C. Shi, “The generalized patch test for Zienkiewicz's triangles,” Journal of Computational Mathematics, vol. 2, no. 3, pp. 279–286, 1984.
- Z. C. Shi and S. C. Chen, “An analysis of a nine-parameter plate element of Specht,” Mathematica Numerica Sinica, vol. 11, no. 3, pp. 312–318, 1989.
- D. Y. Shi, S. P. Mao, and S. C. Chen, “On the anisotropic accuracy analysis of ACM's nonconforming finite element,” Journal of Computational Mathematics, vol. 23, no. 6, pp. 635–646, 2005.
- S. P. Mao and S. C. Chen, “Convergence analysis of Morley element on anisotropic meshes,” Journal of Computational Mathematics, vol. 24, no. 2, pp. 169–180, 2006.
- Z. C. Shi and Q. Y. Chen, “A new high accuracy rectangular element,” Scince in China A, vol. 30, no. 6, pp. 504–515, 2000.
- L. S. D. Morley, “The triangular equilibrium element in the solution of plate bending problems,” Aero Quartet, vol. 19, pp. 149–169, 1968.
- P. Lascaux and P. Lesaint, “Some nonconforming finite elements for the plate bending problem,” Analyse Numérique, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 9–53, 1975.
- Z. C. Shi, “Error estimates for the Morley element,” Mathematica Numerica Sinica, vol. 12, no. 2, pp. 113–118, 1990.
- S. P. Mao and Z. C. Shi, “High accuracy analysis of two nonconforming plate elements,” Numerische Mathematik, vol. 111, no. 3, pp. 407–443, 2009.
- M. Wang, “On the necessity and sufficiency of the patch test for convergence of nonconforming finite elements,” SIAM Journal on Numerical Analysis, vol. 39, no. 2, pp. 363–384, 2001.
- P. G. Ciarlet, The Finite Element Method for Elliptic Problems, North-Holland, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 1978.
- H. Q. Zhang and M. Wang, The Mathematical Theory of Finite Elements, Science Press, Beijing, China, 1991.
- T. Apel and M. Dobrowolski, “Anisotropic interpolation with applications to the finite element method,” Computing, vol. 47, no. 3-4, pp. 277–293, 1992.
- S. C. Chen, D. Y. Shi, and Y. C. Zhao, “Anisotropic interpolation and quasi-Wilson element for narrow quadrilateral meshes,” IMA Journal of Numerical Analysis, vol. 24, no. 1, pp. 77–95, 2004.
- P. L. Xie, Nonconforming finite element methods for fourth order elliptic problems [Ph.D. thesis], Fudan University, Shanghai, China, 2009.