- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 323091, 7 pages
Asymptotic Normality of the Estimators for Fractional Brownian Motions with Discrete Data
1School of Applied Mathematics, Guangdong University of Technology, Guangzhou 510520, China
2School of Economics and Commerce, South China University of Technology, Guangzhou 510006, China
3School of Business Administration, South China University of Technology, Guangzhou 510640, China
Received 13 November 2013; Accepted 4 January 2014; Published 23 February 2014
Academic Editor: Weilin Xiao
Copyright © 2014 Lin Sun et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- W. Xu, Q. Sun, and W. Xiao, “A new energy model to capture the behavior of energy price processes,” Economic Modelling, vol. 29, no. 5, pp. 1585–1591, 2012.
- N. A. Valous, K. Drakakis, and D.-W. Sun, “Detecting fractal power-law long-range dependence in pre-sliced cooked pork ham surface intensity patterns using Detrended Fluctuation Analysis,” Meat Science, vol. 86, no. 2, pp. 289–297, 2010.
- A. W. Lo, “Long-term memory in Stock Market Prices,” Econometrica, vol. 59, no. 5, pp. 1279–1313, 1991.
- W. Xiao, W. Zhang, and W. Xu, “Parameter estimation for fractional Ornstein-Uhlenbeck processes at discrete observation,” Applied Mathematical Modelling, vol. 35, no. 9, pp. 4196–4207, 2011.
- W.-L. Xiao, W.-G. Zhang, X. Zhang, and X. Zhang, “Pricing model for equity warrants in a mixed fractional Brownian environment and its algorithm,” Physica A, vol. 391, no. 24, pp. 6418–6431, 2012.
- W. Xiao, W. Zhang, X. Zhang, and X. Chen, “The valuation of equity warrants under the fractional Vasicek process of the short-term interest rate,” Physica A, vol. 394, pp. 320–337, 2014.
- J. Beran, Statistics for Long-Memory Processes, vol. 61 of Monographs on Statistics and Applied Probability, Chapman and Hall, New York, NY, USA, 1994.
- B. L. S. P. Rao, Statistical Inference for Fractional Diffusion Processes, Wiley Series in Probability and Statistics, John Wiley & Sons, Chichester, UK, 2010.
- G. Faÿ, E. Moulines, F. Roueff, and M. S. Taqqu, “Estimators of long-memory: Fourier versus wavelets,” Journal of Econometrics, vol. 151, no. 2, pp. 159–177, 2009.
- A. Chronopoulou and F. G. Viens, “Hurst index estimation for self-similar processes with long-memory,” in Recent Development in Stochastic Dynamics and Stochastic Analysis, J. Duan, S. Luo, and C. Wang, Eds., vol. 8 of Interdisciplinary Mathematical Sciences, pp. 91–117, World Scientific, Singapore, 2010.
- M. Taqqu, V. Teverovsky, and W. Willinger, “Estimators for long-range dependence: an empirical study,” Fractals, vol. 3, no. 4, pp. 785–798, 1995.
- P. Abry and D. Veitch, “Wavelet analysis of long-range-dependent traffic,” IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, vol. 44, no. 1, pp. 2–15, 1998.
- J. R. M. Hosking, “Asymptotic distributions of the sample mean, autocovariances, and autocorrelations of long-memory time series,” Journal of Econometrics, vol. 73, no. 1, pp. 261–284, 1996.
- D. Lai, “Estimating the Hurst effect and its application in monitoring clinical trials,” Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, vol. 45, no. 3, pp. 549–562, 2004.
- S. G. Walker and P. Van Mieghem, “On lower bounds for the largest eigenvalue of a symmetric matrix,” Linear Algebra and its Applications, vol. 429, no. 2-3, pp. 519–526, 2008.
- G. H. Golub and C. F. Van Loan, Matrix Computations, Johns Hopkins Studies in the Mathematical Sciences, Johns Hopkins University Press, Baltimore, Md, USA, 3rd edition, 1996.
- T. Sweeting, “Uniform asymptotic normality of the maximum likelihood estimator,” Annals of Statistics, vol. 8, no. 6, pp. 1375–1381, 1980.