- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 324857, 9 pages
Blow-Up Solutions and Global Existence for Quasilinear Parabolic Problems with Robin Boundary Conditions
School of Mathematical Sciences, Shanxi University, Taiyuan 030006, China
Received 30 October 2013; Accepted 18 February 2014; Published 30 March 2014
Academic Editor: Muhammad Usman
Copyright © 2014 Juntang Ding. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- H. Amann, “Quasilinear parabolic systems under nonlinear boundary conditions,” Archive for Rational Mechanics and Analysis, vol. 92, no. 2, pp. 153–192, 1986.
- R. P. Sperb, Maximum Principles and Their Applications, vol. 157 of Mathematics in Science and Engineering, Academic Press, New York, NY, USA, 1981.
- H. A. Levine, “The role of critical exponents in blowup theorems,” SIAM Review, vol. 32, no. 2, pp. 262–288, 1990.
- A. A. Samarskii, V. A. Galaktionov, S. P. Kurdyumov, and A. P. Mikhailov, Blow-Up in Problems for Quasilinear Parabolic Equations, Nauka, Moscow, Russia, 1987 (Russian), English translation: Walter de Gruyter, Berlin, Germany, 1995.
- C. Bandle and H. Brunner, “Blowup in diffusion equations: a survey,” Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, vol. 97, no. 1-2, pp. 3–22, 1998.
- K. Deng and H. A. Levine, “The role of critical exponents in blow-up theorems: the sequel,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 243, no. 1, pp. 85–126, 2000.
- V. A. Galaktionov and J. L. Vázquez, “The problem of blow-up in nonlinear parabolic equations,” Discrete and Continuous Dynamical Systems A, vol. 8, no. 2, pp. 399–433, 2002.
- P. Quittner and P. Souplet, Superlinear Parabolic Problems: Blow-Up, Global Existence and Steady States, Birkhäuser Advanced Texts, Birkhäuser, Basel, Switzerland, 2007.
- B. Hu and H.-M. Yin, “The profile near blowup time for solution of the heat equation with a nonlinear boundary condition,” Transactions of the American Mathematical Society, vol. 346, no. 1, pp. 117–135, 1994.
- Y. Qi, M. Wang, and Z. Wang, “Existence and non-existence of global solutions of diffusion systems with nonlinear boundary conditions,” Proceedings of the Royal Society of Edinburgh A. Mathematics, vol. 134, no. 6, pp. 1199–1217, 2004.
- C. Enache, “Blow-up, global existence and exponential decay estimates for a class of quasilinear parabolic problems,” Nonlinear Analysis: Theory, Methods & Applications, vol. 69, no. 9, pp. 2864–2874, 2008.
- H. Zhang, “Blow-up solutions and global solutions for nonlinear parabolic problems,” Nonlinear Analysis: Theory, Methods & Applications, vol. 69, no. 12, pp. 4567–4574, 2008.
- J. Ding, X. Gao, and S. Li, “Global existence and blow-up problems for reaction diffusion model with multiple nonlinearities,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 343, no. 1, pp. 159–169, 2008.
- J. Ding and S. Li, “Blow-up and global solutions for nonlinear reaction-diffusion equations with Neumann boundary conditions,” Nonlinear Analysis: Theory, Methods & Applications, vol. 68, no. 3, pp. 507–514, 2008.
- C. Enache, “Blow-up phenomena for a class of quasilinear parabolic problems under Robin boundary condition,” Applied Mathematics Letters, vol. 24, no. 3, pp. 288–292, 2011.
- L. Zhang, “Blow-up of solutions for a class of nonlinear parabolic equations,” Zeitschrift für Analysis und ihre Anwendungen, vol. 25, no. 4, pp. 479–486, 2006.
- J. Ding, “Global and blow-up solutions for nonlinear parabolic equations with Robin boundary conditions,” Computers & Mathematics with Applications, vol. 65, no. 11, pp. 1808–1822, 2013.
- A. Friedman and B. McLeod, “Blow-up of positive solutions of semilinear heat equations,” Indiana University Mathematics Journal, vol. 34, no. 2, pp. 425–447, 1985.
- L. E. Payne and P. W. Schaefer, “Blow-up in parabolic problems under Robin boundary conditions,” Applicable Analysis, vol. 87, no. 6, pp. 699–707, 2008.
- Y. Li, Y. Liu, and C. Lin, “Blow-up phenomena for some nonlinear parabolic problems under mixed boundary conditions,” Nonlinear Analysis: Real World Applications, vol. 11, no. 5, pp. 3815–3823, 2010.
- J.-F. Rault, “The Fujita phenomenon in exterior domains under the Robin boundary conditions,” Comptes Rendus de l'Académie des Sciences. Série I. Mathematics, vol. 349, no. 19-20, pp. 1059–1061, 2011.
- Y. Li, Y. Liu, and S. Xiao, “Blow-up phenomena for some nonlinear parabolic problems under Robin boundary conditions,” Mathematical and Computer Modelling, vol. 54, no. 11-12, pp. 3065–3069, 2011.
- Y. Liu, S. Luo, and Y. Ye, “Blow-up phenomena for a parabolic problem with a gradient nonlinearity under nonlinear boundary conditions,” Computers & Mathematics with Applications, vol. 65, no. 8, pp. 1194–1199, 2013.
- J. Ding, “Global and blow-up solutions for nonlinear parabolic problems with a gradient term under Robin boundary conditions,” Boundary Value Problems, vol. 2013, article 237, pp. 1–12, 2013.
- M. H. Protter and H. F. Weinberger, Maximum Principles in Differential Equations, Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs, NJ, USA, 1967.