- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 327429, 6 pages
Exact Evaluation of Infinite Series Using Double Laplace Transform Technique
1Mathematics Department, College of Science, King Saud University, P.O. Box 2455, Riyadh 11451, Saudi Arabia
2Department of Mathematics and Institute for Mathematical Research, University Putra Malaysia, 43400 Serdang, Selangor, Malaysia
Received 10 October 2013; Accepted 28 December 2013; Published 20 January 2014
Academic Editor: S. A. Mohiuddine
Copyright © 2014 Hassan Eltayeb et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- C. J. Efthimiou, “Finding exact values for infinite sums,” Mathematics Magazine, vol. 72, no. 1, pp. 45–51, 1999.
- J. P. Lesko and W. D. Smith, “A Laplace transform technique for evaluating infinite series,” Mathematics Magazine, vol. 76, no. 5, pp. 394–398, 2003.
- A. Sofo, “Summation of series via Laplace transforms,” Revista Matemática Complutense, vol. 15, no. 2, pp. 437–447, 2002.
- J. J. Dacunha, “Transition matrix and generalized matrix exponential via the Peano-Baker series,” Journal of Difference Equations and Applications, vol. 11, no. 15, pp. 1245–1264, 2005.
- D. E. Dobbs, “Using infinite series and complex numbers to derive formulas involving Laplace transforms,” International Journal of Mathematical Education in Science and Technology, vol. 44, no. 5, pp. 752–761, 2013.
- J. Abate and W. Whitt, “Infinite-series representations of Laplace transforms of probability density functions for numerical inversion,” Journal of the Operations Research Society of Japan, vol. 42, no. 3, pp. 268–285, 1999.
- P. Cerone and A. Sofo, “Summing series arising from integro-differential-difference equations,” The Journal of Australian Mathematical Society B, vol. 41, no. 4, pp. 473–486, 2000.
- H. Eltayeb, “Note on relation between double Laplace transform and double differential transform,” Abstract and Applied Analysis, vol. 2013, Article ID 535020, 7 pages, 2013.