- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 362985, 10 pages
The Existence and Uniqueness Result for a Relativistic Nonlinear Schrödinger Equation
Department of Mathematics, South China University of Technology, Guangzhou, Guangdong 510640, China
Received 3 August 2013; Revised 15 December 2013; Accepted 17 December 2013; Published 16 January 2014
Academic Editor: Bernhard Ruf
Copyright © 2014 Yongkuan Cheng and Jun Yang. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. G. Litvak and A. M. Sergeev, “One dimensional collapse of plasma waves,” JETP Letters, vol. 27, pp. 517–520, 1978.
- R. W. Hasse, “A general method for the solution of nonlinear soliton and kink Schrödinger equations,” Zeitschrift für Physik B, vol. 37, no. 1, pp. 83–87, 1980.
- A. M. Kosevich, B. A. Ivanov, and A. S. Kovalev, “Magnetic solitons,” Physics Report, vol. 194, no. 3-4, pp. 117–238, 1990.
- G. R. W. Quispel and H. W. Capel, “Equation of motion for the Heisenberg spin chain,” Physica A, vol. 110, no. 1-2, pp. 41–80, 1982.
- B. Hartmann and W. Zakzewski, “Electrons on hexagonal lattices and applications to nanotubes,” Physical Review, vol. 68, pp. 1–9, 2003.
- S. Kurihara, “Large-amplitude quasi-solitons in superfluid films,” Journal of the Physical Society of Japan, vol. 50, no. 10, pp. 3262–3267, 1981.
- M. Poppenberg, K. Schmitt, and Z. Q. Wang, “On the existence of soliton solutions to quasilinear Schrödinger equations,” Calculus of Variations and Partial Differential Equations, vol. 14, no. 3, pp. 329–344, 2002.
- J. Q. Liu, Y. Q. Wang, and Z. Q. Wang, “Soliton solutions for quasilinear Schrödinger equations, II,” Journal of Differential Equations, vol. 187, no. 2, pp. 473–493, 2003.
- M. Colin and L. Jeanjean, “Solutions for a quasilinear Schrödinger equation: a dual approach,” Nonlinear Analysis, Theory, Methods & Applications, vol. 56, no. 2, pp. 213–226, 2004.
- H. Berestycki and P.-L. Lions, “Nonlinear scalar field equations, I existence of a ground state,” Archive for Rational Mechanics and Analysis, vol. 82, no. 4, pp. 313–345, 1983.
- S. Adachi and T. Watanabe, “Uniqueness of the ground state solutions of quasilinear Schrödinger equations,” Nonlinear Analysis, Theory, Methods & Applications, vol. 75, no. 2, pp. 819–833, 2012.
- E. W. Laedke, K. H. Spatschek, and L. Stenflo, “Evolution theorem for a class of perturbed envelope soliton solutions,” Journal of Mathematical Physics, vol. 24, no. 12, pp. 2764–2769, 1982.
- A. De Bouard, N. Hayashi, and J. Saut, “Global existence of small solutions to a relativistic nonlinear Schrödinger equation,” Communications in Mathematical Physics, vol. 189, no. 1, pp. 73–105, 1997.
- Y. Shen and Y. Wang, “Soliton solutions for generalized quasilinear Schrödinger equations,” Nonlinear Analysis: Theory, Methods & Applications, vol. 80, pp. 194–201, 2013.
- S. Yaotian and G. Xinkang, “The positive solution of degenerate variational problems and degenerate elliptic equations,” Chinese Journal of Contemporary Mathematics, vol. 14, no. 2, 1993.
- L. Jeanjean, “On the existence of bounded Palais-Smale sequences and application to a Landesman-Lazer-type problem,” Proceedings of the Royal Society of Edinburgh A, vol. 129, no. 4, pp. 787–809, 1999.
- P. L. Lions, “The concentration compactness principle in the calculus of variations. The locally compact case. Part I,” AnnaLes de L'Institut Henri Poincaré, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 109–145, 1984.
- P. L. Lions, “The concentration compactness principle in the calculus of variations. The locally compact case. Part II,” AnnaLes de L'Institut Henri Poincaré, vol. 1, no. 4, pp. 223–283, 1984.
- J. Serrin and M. Tang, “Uniqueness of ground states for quasilinear elliptic equations,” Indiana University Mathematics Journal, vol. 49, no. 3, pp. 897–923, 2000.
- B. Gidas, N. Wei-Ming, and L. Nirenberg, “Symmetry and related properties via the maximum principle,” Communications in Mathematical Physics, vol. 68, no. 3, pp. 209–243, 1979.