- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 378968, 8 pages
Behaviors and Numerical Simulations of Malaria Dynamic Models with Transgenic Mosquitoes
1College of Science, National University of Defense Technology, Changsha, Hunan 410073, China
2Xichang Satellite Launch Center, Xichang, Sichuan 615000, China
Received 21 November 2013; Accepted 4 January 2014; Published 20 February 2014
Academic Editor: Bingwen Liu
Copyright © 2014 Xiongwei Liu et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- F. A. Collins and A. A. James, “Genetic modifications of mosquitoes,” Science Medicine, vol. 3, pp. 52–61, 1996.
- G. K. Christophides, “Transgenic mosquitoes and malaria transmission,” Cellular Microbiology, vol. 7, no. 3, pp. 325–333, 2005.
- F. Gould, K. Magori, and Y. X. Huang, “Genetic strategies for controlling mosquito-borne diseases,” American Scientist, vol. 94, no. 3, pp. 238–246, 2006.
- S. Levy, “Mosquito modifications: new approaches to controlling malaria,” BioScience, vol. 57, no. 10, pp. 816–821, 2007.
- J. V. Lavery, L. C. Harrington, and T. W. Scott, “Ethical, social, and cultural considerations for site selection for research with genetically modified mosquitoes,” American Journal of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene, vol. 79, no. 3, pp. 312–318, 2008.
- B. G. J. Knols, H. C. Bossin, W. R. Mukabana, and A. S. Robinson, “Transgenic mosquitoes and the fight against malaria: managing technology push in a turbulent GMO world,” The American Journal of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene, vol. 77, no. 6, pp. 232–242, 2007.
- L. M. Dai, The influence of resistant mosquitoes to malaria dynamical system [M.S. thesis], Chongqing, China, 2009, Southwest University.
- R. Antia, A. Yates, and J. C. de Roode, “The dynamics of acute malaria infections. I. Effect of the parasite's red blood cell preference,” Proceedings of the Royal Society B, vol. 275, no. 1641, pp. 1449–1458, 2008.
- N. R. Chitnis, Using mathematical models in controlling the spread of malaria [Ph.D. thesis], the university of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona, 2005.
- J. Li, “Simple stage-structured models for wild and transgenic mosquito populations,” Journal of Difference Equations and Applications, vol. 15, no. 4, pp. 327–347, 2009.
- J. Li, “Simple mathematical models for interacting wild and transgenic mosquito populations,” Mathematical Biosciences, vol. 189, no. 1, pp. 39–59, 2004.
- J. Li, “Discrete time models with mosquitoes carrying genetically modified bacteria,” Mathematical Biosciences, vol. 240, no. 1, pp. 35–44, 2012.
- J. Li, S. B. Ai, and J. L. Lu, “Mosquito-stage-structuried Malaria models and their global dynamics,” SIAM Journal of Applied Mathematics, vol. 27, pp. 1223–1237, 2012.
- J. Li, “Modelling of transgenic mosquitoes and impact on malaria transmission,” Journal of Biological Dynamics, vol. 5, no. 5, pp. 474–494, 2011.
- W. O. Kermack and A. G. Mckendrick, “A contribution to the mathematical theory of epidemics,” Proceeding of the Royal Society of London A, vol. 115, no. 772, pp. 700–721, 1927.
- V. Lakshmikantham, Nonlinear Systems and Applications, Princeton University Press, Princeton, NJ, USA, 1976.
- L. S. Chen, X. Z. Meng, and J. J. Jiao, Biodynamics, Science Press, Beijing, China, 2009.
- B. H. Kim, H. K. Kim, and S. J. Lee, “Experimental analysis of the blood-sucking mechanism of female mosquitoes,” The Journal of Experimental Biology, vol. 214, no. 7, pp. 1163–1169, 2011.
- F. Oduro, G. A. Okyere, and G. T. Azu-Tungmah, “Transmission dynamics of Malaria in ghana,” Journal of Mathematics Research, vol. 4, no. 6, pp. 22–33, 2012.
- S. Ruan, D. Xiao, and J. C. Beier, “On the delayed Ross-Macdonald model for malaria transmission,” Bulletin of Mathematical Biology, vol. 70, no. 4, pp. 1098–1114, 2008.
- A. F. Harris, D. Nimmo, A. R. McKemey et al., “Field performance of engineered male mosquitoes,” Nature Biotechnology, vol. 29, no. 11, pp. 1034–1037, 2011.