- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Abstract and Applied Analysis
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 381753, 11 pages
Analytical Solutions of a Space-Time Fractional Derivative of Groundwater Flow Equation
Institute for Groundwater Studies, Faculty of Natural and Agricultural Sciences, University of the Free State, P.O. Box 399, Bloemfontein, South Africa
Received 5 September 2013; Accepted 12 September 2013; Published 21 January 2014
Academic Editor: Hossein Jafari
Copyright © 2014 Abdon Atangana and P. D. Vermeulen. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. H. Black, J. A. Barber, and D. J. Noy, “Crosshole investigations: the method, theory and analysis of crosshole sinusoidal pressure tests in fissured rocks,” Stripa Projects Internal Reports 86-03, SKB, Stockholm, Sweden.
- J. F. Botha, I. Verwey van Voort, J. J. P. Viviers, W. P. Collinston, and J. C. Loock, “Karoo aquifers. Their geology, geometry and physical behaviour,” WRC Report 487/1/98, Water Research Commission, Pretoria, 1998.
- G. J. van Tonder, J. F. Botha, W.-H. Chiang, H. Kunstmann, and Y. Xu, “Estimation of the sustainable yields of boreholes in fractured rock formations,” Journal of Hydrology, vol. 241, no. 1-2, pp. 70–90, 2001.
- J. A. Barker, “A generalized radial flow model for hydraulic tests in fractured rock,” Water Resources Research, vol. 24, no. 10, pp. 1796–1804, 1988.
- J. Bear, Dynamics of Fluids in Porous Media, American Elsevier Environmental Science Series, Elsevier, New York, NY, USA, 1972.
- A. Cloot and J. F. Botha, “A generalised groundwater flow equation using the concept of non-integer order derivatives,” Water SA, vol. 32, no. 1, pp. 1–7, 2006.
- R. Courant and F. John, Introduction to Calculus and Analysis, vol. 2, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 1974.
- Y. Cherruault and G. Adomian, “Decomposition methods: a new proof of convergence,” Mathematical and Computer Modelling, vol. 18, no. 12, pp. 103–106, 1993.
- I. Podlubny, Fractional Differential Equations, Academic Press, San Diego, Calif, USA, 1999.
- I. Podlubny, “Geometric and physical interpretation of fractional integration and fractional differentiation,” Fractional Calculus & Applied Analysis, vol. 5, no. 4, pp. 367–386, 2002.
- K. Adolfsson, “Nonlinear fractional order viscoelasticity at large strains,” Nonlinear Dynamics, vol. 38, no. 1–4, pp. 233–246, 2004.
- O. P. Agrawal, “Application of fractional derivatives in thermal analysis of disk brakes,” Nonlinear Dynamics, vol. 38, pp. 191–206, 2004.
- G. Afken, Mathematical Methods for Physicists, Academic Press, London, UK, 1985.
- K. S. Miller and B. Ross, An Introduction to the Fractional Calculus and Fractional Differential Equations, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 1993.
- K. B. Oldham and J. Spanier, The Fractional Calculus, Academic Press, New York, NY, USA, 1974.
- G. Adomian, “A review of the decomposition method in applied mathematics,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 135, no. 2, pp. 501–544, 1988.
- A. Atangana, “New class of boundary value problems,” Information Science Letters, vol. 1, no. 2, pp. 67–76, 2012.
- G. Adomian, Solving Frontier Problems of Physics: The Decomposition Method, Kluwer Academic, Dodrecht, The Netherlands, 1994.
- Y. Cherruault, “Convergence of Adomian's method,” Kybernetes, vol. 18, no. 2, pp. 31–38, 1989.